2016 NFL Draft Winners

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Titans? I'm sorry, but trading up and drafting a decent RT #8 doesn't qualify for a "best draft"

Jags had a great draft

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
This is going to be labeled as a "homer pick" but why are the Browns not even an option? They were extremely busy on draft day, landed a top flight receiver, acquired a ton of picks which were used on strong character (and highly rated from college) players, and out of all 7 rounds had two questionable selections, merely based on rankings. Nearly every draft grade that has been given from websites has listed them in the A range lol.

AiRuPtHeRe

Must Be Nice
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Titans? I'm sorry, but trading up and drafting a decent RT #8 doesn't qualify for a "best draft"

Jags had a great draft
You don't win the draft with just two picks that stand out.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You can have an awful draft based on one pick though.

Like drafting Jack Conklin at 8.

AiRuPtHeRe

Must Be Nice
Reaction score
Teagz said:

How was drafting Conklin @ 8 bad? We had to upgrade our offensive line in a desperate way. Drafting Conklin gives us 2 solid young bookends which means Mariota is more protected which opens up our offense because he'll have more time.

As a MSU fan, why don't you like Conklin?

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Just because I like MSU doesn't mean I think Conklin's a good prospect. He's ok, but trading up to get him at 8 was bad value imo.

It looks worse because Tunsil, who they were considering at #1, fell to 13 while they traded up to get what was likely the 3rd tackle on their board. I don't like the idea of passing on Tunsil just based on the gas mask video, which is what the Ravens and Titans did. If that video comes out 3 months earlier I doubt it has such an effect on the way the draft plays out.

AiRuPtHeRe

Must Be Nice
Reaction score
Too much risk on Tunsil with the way the NFL has cracked down on people with drug use problems. We traded up because there was no way Conklin would have been there @ 15 and we had enough picks to give up anyways.

D

Dannyboy77

Bears were top 3 on many rankings....idk what this shit is coming from.

Bengals1Fan

Reaction score
Titans has a pretty good draft. I think everyone is forgetting that they had the top pick, and traded back for a whole new future. They grabbed some good guys, Derrick Henry will compliment Murray well, so their team did improve a lot. Dodd and Johnson help their defense immediately. 

The Bears being up there though I don't get... White hair is the only player the drafted that I liked. 

HitmanCapone

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:

Jags had a great draft

Agreed.  Titans at #1 is a joke

cavsfan817 said:
This is going to be labeled as a "homer pick" but why are the Browns not even an option? They were extremely busy on draft day, landed a top flight receiver, acquired a ton of picks which were used on strong character (and highly rated from college) players, and out of all 7 rounds had two questionable selections, merely based on rankings. Nearly every draft grade that has been given from websites has listed them in the A range lol.
Being busy on draft day doesn't mean its a success.  I honestly hated their draft outside of Corey Coleman & Scooby Wright

AiRuPtHeRe™ said:
You don't win the draft with just two picks that stand out.

That's not true especially if both of those players live up to their potential as All-Pro players.  Jack was a top 3 - 5 player in this draft the night before and morning of the draft not to mention Sheldon Day is no push over.
Teagz said:

Exactly.  I would be pissed if my team took a borderline 1st round prospect with a top 10 pick.  Reminds me a lot of when the Vikings reached for Ponder simply because QB was a huge need.  Sure I get Conklin wouldn't have been available in that range but that still doesn't make it a good pick.

Anyways I'm not sure what order I'd rank them in but here are 3 teams that stood out to me.

Jacksonville Jaguars
New York Giants
Dallas Cowboys

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't get the universal praise for the Dallas draft class. Elliot at 4 was a terrible pick. In the current NFL, there's no reason to take a back in the top 10 unless they have HOF potential. Throw in the talent that they already have on the offensive line, and it makes the position even less valuable. They could probably get similar production from a pair of backs making league minimum.

Jaylon Smith was also an elite talent before the injury, but now there's no guarantee that he'll ever actually play a down in the NFL.

Dallas' draft COULD be great, but there was a tremendous amount of risk.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Bold prediction: I think Zeke ends up with 1750+ total yards this season

I would have taken Jalen at 4 but it's not a bad take for Elliott imo. Dudes gonna run away with ROY

HitmanCapone

Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
I don't get the universal praise for the Dallas draft class. Elliot at 4 was a terrible pick. In the current NFL, there's no reason to take a back in the top 10 unless they have HOF potential. Throw in the talent that they already have on the offensive line, and it makes the position even less valuable. They could probably get similar production from a pair of backs making league minimum.

Jaylon Smith was also an elite talent before the injury, but now there's no guarantee that he'll ever actually play a down in the NFL.

Dallas' draft COULD be great, but there was a tremendous amount of risk.
That's simply just not true.  Wasn't McFadden suppose to finally have his breakout year playing behind that line?  Yes the league has become infatuated with passing the ball but even in today's pass happy format running the ball and chewing up clock is still very important and when you give a defense an actual running game that they have to game plan against it makes that team a lot harder to go against.  Zeke has the talent to have a HOF career now please don't jump on me for saying that without him even playing a down yet because I fully understand he has to put that talent to use in the actual games.  

HitmanCapone

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Bold prediction: I think Zeke ends up with 1750+ total yards this season

I would have taken Jalen at 4 but it's not a bad take for Elliott imo. Dudes gonna run away with ROY
Wouldn't surprise me but I really think that if he does than Romo needs to stay healthy.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
HitmanCapone said:
That's simply just not true.  Wasn't McFadden suppose to finally have his breakout year playing behind that line?  Yes the league has become infatuated with passing the ball but even in today's pass happy format running the ball and chewing up clock is still very important and when you give a defense an actual running game that they have to game plan against it makes that team a lot harder to go against.  Zeke has the talent to have a HOF career now please don't jump on me for saying that without him even playing a down yet because I fully understand he has to put that talent to use in the actual games.  

He had 1400+ yards from scrimmage last year...

Boda

PSN = HitmanCapone
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:

He had 1400+ yards from scrimmage last year...
Is that suppose to be impressive? Btw how many of those came rushing the ball?

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Boda

PSN = HitmanCapone
Reaction score
Btw not sure why my names didnt merge when you guys merged the other site here

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Boda said:
Is that suppose to be impressive? Btw how many of those came rushing the ball?

Whether or not it was impressive wasn't my point.

DMC had about 800 yards in the last two years combined. He's a washed up running back without much left in the tank and still had 1100 yards rushing behind the Dallas line. He was the 4th leading rusher in the league, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%