Official Wrestling Talk Thread

utexas1007

Best in the World
Reaction score
[quote name='Fadeaway Jay' post='3827455' date='May 21 2008, 07:41 PM']Thats rediculous. Look at HHH and explain why he isnt hated then? Cena has more than 5 moves, and if you remember, guys like Bret Hart & Hogan only used a few moves and were loved.[/quote]
Triple H was hated badly, but he has improved I think and he has become more liked. Plus, H is a better worker. He isn't lying when he says he's one of the best. Cena is hated by smart fans, because of his "5 moves of doom" at the end of all his matches, and because they think his gimmick is for little kids.

I do agree that Bret Hart and Hogan only used a few moves, but they didn't make it obvious. I am one that thinks Hart is overrated, because I have gone back and watched some of his matches that are somehow considered some of the best matches ever, and I'm not too impressed.

[quote name='Big Bid'Ness' post='3827461' date='May 21 2008, 07:51 PM']Bret Hart had a whole lot of moves so you can take him out but Hogan & HHH was all build up by the characters that they played back then, especially when they put HHH & Michaels together. Even though HHH had some moves back then.[/quote]
Bret Hart tricked a lot of fans into thinking he was the best, but he definitely is not. He didn't use many moves. He was just good at psychology, meaning he knew what to do in certain situations. Once again, Hart is overrated.

So in conclusion, Triple H is one of the best right now. I used to hate him, but not because he was a heel, it was because he was boring and it was the same thing every week. John Cena is hated because he's not smart about his "5 moves of doom" and seems to mock his haters every time he does it. Bret Hart is overrated. Hulk Hogan should be loved by every wrestling fan, because without him, wrestling wouldn't be what it is today.

djhipp

Reaction score
^Cena mocking the haters is what makes him awesome. Fans should love him for that. He is indeed smart as he uses that hate to his advantage.

If HHH was so great, he'd stop burying everybody else who disagrees with him and start doing something that isnt the same old s***, only more boring.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hulk Hogan should be loved by every wrestling fan, because without him, wrestling wouldn't be what it is today.
I love and respect him for what he did...but if you're gonna call Hart overrated, the same has to be said about Hogan.

djhipp

Reaction score
Vince could have made anyone into a star. He just happened to choose Hogan. I respect Hogan for his 80s and 90s work, but since WCW ended he should have stopped wrestling.

utexas1007

Best in the World
Reaction score
I love and respect him for what he did...but if you're gonna call Hart overrated, the same has to be said about Hogan.
But Hogan isn't loved for his ring work, Hart is, But Hart's ring work is overrated. Hogan is loved because of his character and his larger than life personality. Hogan's never been praised for his ring work.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But Hogan isn't loved for his ring work, Hart is, But Hart's ring work is overrated. Hogan is loved because of his character and his larger than life personality. Hogan's never been praised for his ring work.
I don't know how you think his ring work is overrated (not a knock or anything, honest question). For the time he wrestled in, Hart was the best technician around and one of the best wrestlers. Also, he wasn't the best at it, but Hart could cut a decent promo too.

utexas1007

Best in the World
Reaction score
I don't know how you think his ring work is overrated (not a knock or anything, honest question). For the time he wrestled in, Hart was the best technician around and one of the best wrestlers. Also, he wasn't the best at it, but Hart could cut a decent promo too.
If you watch his matches and count every move (every different move, don't count a move twice), he doesn't use many different moves. He fools people with his psychology. Don't get me wrong, he was good, but not THAT good.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really didn't care for Hogan until the n.W.o was form.

bodawg

Reaction score
I hated Cena for a while, but that was because JBL was my favourite wrestler and Cena stole the belt from him. After time I started appreciating Cena and he became one of my favourite wrestlers. He would do anything for the business, he's a better worker than people give him credit for and he's a classy guy. Lovers and haters will argue about it forever and ever, I don't want to do that. I don't think it's neccessary. I think the way people talk about his STFU and other stuff like that is the most stupid crap ever. Wrestling submissions are not real. If you knew anything about grappling, you would know that submissions are designed to snap bones and choke people unconcious. Who gives a crap what his STFU looks like. It looks okay to me.

Bret was not as good as people like to think. He was good and everything he did, he did pretty well, but he's not the best of all-time.

Hogan for a while was a great in ring worker. He was a politician back stage, but I still love the guy.

Triple H destroys people backstage. He does whatever he likes and he gets away with it. With that being said, he's still a decent in ring worker who can have a good match. He's not the best in the business, he's not one of the best of all-time, but he can have a good match.

djhipp

Reaction score
Hart was given the big push when better wrestlers who I feel both deserved it more, and could make more out of it(such as Ted Dibiase, Mr.Perfect, Bam Bam Bigelow) were passed up may still be considered legends, but only because practically everyone from that time period is a supposed "legend." Bret was good yeah, but everyone seems to think he's better than guys who were actually imo, alot better than him.

loopydude3

Reaction score
I can't wait to see RAW tomorrow night. I wonder who the new GM will be Theodore Long or The Million Dollar Man - Ted DiBiase?

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think it's Teddy Long but I'd definitely love to see The Million Dollar Man every Monday night

bodawg

Reaction score
Both videos were pretty funny. I think I like Miz and Morrison now.

djhipp

Reaction score
Both videos were pretty funny. I think I like Miz and Morrison now.
They been good for a long time. Especially Morrison, who the week after Earth Day(he lost on earth day to Jimmy Yang) claimed that he lost because he had alot more important things on his mind, and stated that the earth is a little bit more important than Jimmy Yang. I was laughing for like 15 minutes after that.

loopydude3

Reaction score
I wonder who will be the first winner of $1,000,000 tonight! :rolleyes:

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can't remember the last time I heard McMahon get a pop like that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%