2017 NFL Draft Thread

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Watched some video of Kenny golladay I liked the way he plays

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm still reeling from the fact that I have to root for a Michigan guy. 

The only reason I don't care about the Notre Dame factor of the other guy is because he was born in the greatest city on the planet 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Teagz has to have a boner right now

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
My dudes

It's too bad Drew Pearson never got to play against Dawkins.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Josh Reynolds goes one pick before the Eagles, damn. I really like him, it's too bad he's gonna have Jared Goff throwing him the ball.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Anytime you can pick a punt gunner in the 4th round you've gotta do it.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tarik Cohen is going to break a lot of tackles from mail boxes in his career

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There's our Sproles replacement.

I like it, I think.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Probably not, but there is no reason that Peppers and myself can't have a mutual respect. If he lets me be me, and I let him be him, we should be okay. But we will butt heads from time to time.

AiRuPtHeRe

Must Be Nice
Reaction score
Liked what I seen for the Ttians. Getting help for Mariota was key. Davis/Taylor/Smith. Adoree was another nice pickup that hopefully will develop, dude still has a long ways to go but he can even be used offensively.

Did a lot of trades during the draft. Excited to see how the rookies play for sure.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The 49ers have a bunch of very talented pieces on defense, but the switch to the 4-3 makes them all square pegs trying to fit round holes.

They have three very talented 5-techs that are all going to be playing out of position.  Solomon Thomas can play the 3-tech, so that isn't a huge issue, but that kind of leaves Buckner and Armstead without a true position.  Neither of the two are ideal fits at nose tackle, and I don't think either can be a consistent threat off the edge.  I guess they can all rotate in and out of three different spots, but that still kind of seems like a waste of ability to me.

Rueben Foster could become one of the best ILBs in the game, but only if he's not the guy calling the plays.  I've heard that one of the reasons he slipped a bit was because of his inability to fully grasp the X's and O's part of the game.  Put him in there with Bowman, and that LB tandem is fucking killer.

So even in a 3-4 front, they still don't have a true nose, but I feel like they'd be in a much better spot.  Maybe moving one of Buckner/Armstead would be a smart move at some point.

Ballin24

Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
The 49ers have a bunch of very talented pieces on defense, but the switch to the 4-3 makes them all square pegs trying to fit round holes.

They have three very talented 5-techs that are all going to be playing out of position.  Solomon Thomas can play the 3-tech, so that isn't a huge issue, but that kind of leaves Buckner and Armstead without a true position.  Neither of the two are ideal fits at nose tackle, and I don't think either can be a consistent threat off the edge.  I guess they can all rotate in and out of three different spots, but that still kind of seems like a waste of ability to me.

Rueben Foster could become one of the best ILBs in the game, but only if he's not the guy calling the plays.  I've heard that one of the reasons he slipped a bit was because of his inability to fully grasp the X's and O's part of the game.  Put him in there with Bowman, and that LB tandem is fucking killer.

So even in a 3-4 front, they still don't have a true nose, but I feel like they'd be in a much better spot.  Maybe moving one of Buckner/Armstead would be a smart move at some point.
49ers had an amazing draft besides the Beathard pick which was dumbass Shanahan's idea. Their defense should be great as long as everyone can stay healthy. And for the NT concern, DJ Jones who was a steal for them in the 6th is going to be really good I wouldn't be surprised if he made an immediate impact if they need a NT that bad. 

Ballin24

Reaction score
elcheato said:
Probably not, but there is no reason that Peppers and myself can't have a mutual respect. If he lets me be me, and I let him be him, we should be okay. But we will butt heads from time to time.
SMFH, can't believe the Browns took Peppers. I had a month ban bet with a Michigan fan on another forum over whether or not Peppers would get drafted first round. He's an overrated piece of shit he can't play safety lmao. They had a great draft besides that pick tho

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I've never disliked a college player more.

I think the Steelers would have taken him tho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%