2011-2012 MLB Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Joe Panik, first round draft pick for the Giants, went to the same High School as me and hung around with us during winter workouts before he headed to spring training. He played with Bryce in the Arizona Fall League and said the guy is the farthest thing from a douche and is actually a great guy.
All Im saying is that when you hit a home run and blow a kiss to the opposing pitcher, thats not cool. Hopefully thats just a blip and not a trend but we will see soon enough when he starts to get the big media attention when he reaches the majors.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
All Im saying is that when you hit a home run and blow a kiss to the opposing pitcher, thats not cool. Hopefully thats just a blip and not a trend but we will see soon enough when he starts to get the big media attention when he reaches the majors.
It's also not cool to get thrown at just because your name is Bryce Harper..

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
SMH Snider's been optioned to Vegas again. Maybe a little too early to call him a bust yet but damn he's been frustrating to watch.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
SMH Snider's been optioned to Vegas again. Maybe a little too early to call him a bust yet but damn he's been frustrating to watch.
I was actually excited when he was doing well in July - hit .287, 10 doubles, 18 RBI... But yeah, his career has been real disappointing.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's only 24 so I think he still has time to turn it around. Dude just needs to have a better approach at the plate.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
regular season games on wednesday and thursday!
mariners/a's in japan

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If Choo and Ubaldo return to form, the Indians will make the playoffs. Book it (don't book it)

Choo is the more likely of the two.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Only way you guys make it would be a wild card :) Tigers got the division on lock.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Tigers rotation outside of Verlander is flawed, Valverde is not going to be perfect again this year, and Prince is only a slight upgrade over Martinez offensively. It is likely, but it is not a lock.

iInsulin

Reaction score
David Wright 1-2 and a nice defensive play in his return yesterday. Him being healthy makes being a Mets fan so much easier.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
David Wright 1-2 and a nice defensive play in his return yesterday. Him being healthy makes being a Mets fan so much easier.
Amen to that. This will be a pivotal year for him if he gets resigned or not.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Tigers rotation outside of Verlander is flawed, Valverde is not going to be perfect again this year, and Prince is only a slight upgrade over Martinez offensively. It is likely, but it is not a lock.
Take that, think of a less quality team, and you have the Indians.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You're underrating the talent on the Indians. They finished with 80 wins last year and didn't even have Kipnis for a full year and their best player from the previous 2 years was injured and played like shit for the entire season (Choo). Natural player progression will help the Indians as well, because I'm pretty sure they were the youngest team in the MLB, or one of the 5 youngest. Injuries are a poor excuse but 2/3s of the lineup and everyone in the rotation other than Masterson went down at some point during the year as well.

If Ubaldo is good, the Indians will compete.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tigers have a better lineup, pitching rotation, and bullpen if you ask me. I'm just saying, you tried to point our flaws, when the Indians clearly have more flaws than we do.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The rotations aren't that far apart, and the Tigers have a better lineup but saying they have a better bullpen is just wrong. That is the Indians strong point. Chris Perez, Vinnie Pestano, Joe Smith, Rafael Perez, Tony Sipp and Nick Hagadone is one of better groups in the league.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Votto signed for 10/225!!!

Prince, Pujols, and Votto are making Kemp's 8/160 look like a steal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%