Rookie #'s thread

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I've always thought retiring numbers is kind of stupid

But if you absolutely must, that guy has to meet numerous criterias. Garnett in Boston for example, wouldn't.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
I've always thought retiring numbers is kind of stupid

But if you absolutely must, that guy has to meet numerous criterias. Garnett in Boston for example, wouldn't.
The Celtics are a different organization than any other team. Garnett meets Boston's criteria for sure

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
Do you remember that one dope ass Ray Allen sig that some dude made back in the day with this pic?

I can't even remember who made it, but it was dope.
a few people used that

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
The Celtics are a different organization than any other team. Garnett meets Boston's criteria for sure
He's a guy that you could put into your ring of honor or whatever Boston calls it if they have one, but retiring a guy like Kevin Garnett for the reasons you stated is what is wrong with jersey retirements in the first place.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
He's a guy that you could put into your ring of honor or whatever Boston calls it if they have one, but retiring a guy like Kevin Garnett for the reasons you stated is what is wrong with jersey retirements in the first place.
Celtics ring of honor is retiring their number lol

its completely different for the Celtics than any other team in sports, except maybe the Yankees. KG is absolutely getting his number retired

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
I guess I just don't see the difference between KG and Allen. Allen left... It happens lol. He also came in with KG to win the ship and was arguably the more important on-court piece.

cavsfan817

Reaction score
Jersey retirements should be reserved for those that have contributed immensely and stayed on the team for many years. That's like saying the Heat should retire Shaq's number.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
or MJ's number.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
cavsfan817 said:
I guess I just don't see the difference between KG and Allen. Allen left... It happens lol. He also came in with KG to win the ship and was arguably the more important on-court piece.
lmfao not even close dude

KG was the best player on our 2008 team, and we could have won in 2009 if Garnett didn't get injured. Dude changed the culture of Celtics basketball

I love Ray but he was a distant 3rd on that team. KG was the best player, Pierce was the captain. Could be said they were 1a/1b, but Allen was always the weak point. In fact Ray almost didn't start for us in 2011/12

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I mean there is no argument you can make to say Ray was more important than KG

Someone could argue KG isn't normally deserving of getting his number retired (but again, it's different in boston) but there is no argument to say Ray was more important than KG

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
cavsfan817 said:
Idiotic

cavsfan817

Reaction score
Garnett dropped off so badly after the 08 championship you guys are blind

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
they should retire PJ Brown's number 

cavsfan817

Reaction score
All this talk about Garnett's defensive prowess when Ray was right there with him in Defensive Win Shares and led him in Offensive Win Shares. Put up better numbers than he did as well. Was more of a focal point in the offense and was just as key, if not more so, to beating the Lakers than Garnett was. Better Game Scores & +/- (via basketball reference)

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Lol keep on ignoring the fact that KG was marked up against Pau Gasol, while Ray was on Sasha Vujacic

I watched nearly every game of the 08-10 seasons and KG was always the better player overall. 2011 KG started to fault physically (being 34 years old does that to a player) but come on man. Using Win shares is a terrible argument, when win shares has no evaluative analysis

And Allen also cost us the 2010 Finals too. Dude was terrible except for like one game

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was surprised they gave away 20 after Dan Dickau

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
cavsfan817 said:
All this talk about Garnett's defensive prowess when Ray was right there with him in Defensive Win Shares and led him in Offensive Win Shares. Put up better numbers than he did as well. Was more of a focal point in the offense and was just as key, if not more so, to beating the Lakers than Garnett was. Better Game Scores & +/- (via basketball reference)
WS:
Garnett 12.9
Allen 9.7

OWS:
Garnett 6.6
Allen 5.6

DWS:
Garnett 6.2
Allen 4.1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%