2018 MLB Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:

I'm going to try to reason with you, which might be a hard concept for you to understand, but I'm definitely going to try. 

Nobody, myself included, is trying to dictate that you can't have high expectations for the Mets. But you act offended whenever anybody challenges your opinion. This isn't personal. It's only a big deal because you made it a big deal. Just relax and accept that people aren't always going to agree with you on the internet. 
I still only mentioned one game. I've mentioned the Mets a lot, but notice I bolded that I talked about one game specifically. You said I brought up several games.

I honestly could care less if people disagree with me but when people say my argument is stupid and imply I shouldn't say it that's when I draw the line.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Mexi said:
he was
And when he fixes his mechanics he will be again

It happens to guys. Kimbrel was going through problems a few years ago too
He's good, but you were sold he was the absolute best. I'm not so sure that's true.

I will not say the same about Kershaw though. That guy is loads better than any other starting pitcher.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Funny you talk about kenley when he's struggling lol

Says it all

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Anthopolous signed Jose Bautista
He'll play 3rd base

Good luck.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
I still only mentioned one game. I've mentioned the Mets a lot, but notice I bolded that I talked about one game specifically. You said I brought up several games.

I honestly could care less if people disagree with me but when people say my argument is stupid and imply I shouldn't say it that's when I draw the line.
Okay, I can't read your mind and say whether or not you're bringing up the Mets because they're winning their game of the night or if you're just fantasizing about getting a bold prediction right. Regardless, nobody is implying that your argument, in this specific case that the Mets could be a good team this year, is stupid. However, I know that anybody that knows baseball would say it is stupid to overreact to two weeks of baseball. Like I said man, just relax. You take anybody challenging your opinion way too seriously.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Francona will never stop bunting

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And this is the part where the announcers spend 20 minutes complaining about how guys can't get bunts down

catman

Reaction score
I have to wonder if someone couldn't invent a wrist guard for hitters that would allow them to maintain their normal swing while protecting them from what Freeman has suffered with the past couple of years.
I believe I will get right on that.  I could use an infusion of cash into my bank account right about now.

lilbravesfan22

Reaction score
catman said:
I have to wonder if someone couldn't invent a wrist guard for hitters that would allow them to maintain their normal swing while protecting them from what Freeman has suffered with the past couple of years.
I believe I will get right on that.  I could use an infusion of cash into my bank account right about now.
He lucked out. Didnt break it. But yes this is a great idea. Someone please do this.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Red Sox still keep rolling.  It's not going to be forever, so I will enjoy it while it lasts.

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
Harvey’s such a big rotation piece that he’s getting moved to the pen

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
BrewCrewFan said:
Harvey’s such a big rotation piece that he’s getting moved to the pen
Shouldn't hurt them because they have so many other "aces"

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Shouldn't hurt them because they have so many other "aces"
Yeah, see this is what I mean.  You wanted me to stop talking about the Mets and yet you bring it up like it's no big deal.  When I do it, it's a hurricane coming straight at everyone else because no one lets me free think.

I'm still not stepping down from my original proposal.  I could be wrong and way off and I'll admit it when it happens (unlike several proud faces hear who would never do that when they're wrong and instead avoid the subject altogether or take the blame on someone else).  But it's still early and moving him really isn't that big of a deal because he's been bad.  I still think he's going to get better as the season goes on, however.

Yu Darvish still has an ERA in the 6.00's and that's not going to last.  Sean Manaea is not going to be unhittable all season long.  And get this one.  As much as I don't think the Dodgers are that great, I don't think they are this bad all season long.  It's April and I believe Harvey's got the stuff to be good.

I'll admit it if I'm wrong.  But way to bring up a topic I'm not even supposed to mention without getting my head bitten off.  Way to go.  It's kind of a jerk move is you ask me.

I have no reason to be a proud jerk.  I make predictions, I admit when I'm wrong.  I don't poke fun at others when I think they're wrong, especially when it's early in the season and several things can happen.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
Yeah, see this is what I mean.  You wanted me to stop talking about the Mets and yet you bring it up like it's no big deal.  When I do it, it's a hurricane coming straight at everyone else because no one lets me free think.

lol you were the one who brought up harvey, not cc 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:

I'm still not stepping down from my original proposal.  I could be wrong and way off and I'll admit it when it happens (unlike several proud faces hear who would never do that when they're wrong and instead avoid the subject altogether or take the blame on someone else).  But it's still early and moving him really isn't that big of a deal because he's been bad.  I still think he's going to get better as the season goes on, however.

Yu Darvish still has an ERA in the 6.00's and that's not going to last.  Sean Manaea is not going to be unhittable all season long.  And get this one.  As much as I don't think the Dodgers are that great, I don't think they are this bad all season long.  It's April and I believe Harvey's got the stuff to be good.

I'll admit it if I'm wrong.  But way to bring up a topic I'm not even supposed to mention without getting my head bitten off.  Way to go.  It's kind of a jerk move is you ask me.

I have no reason to be a proud jerk.  I make predictions, I admit when I'm wrong.  I don't poke fun at others when I think they're wrong, especially when it's early in the season and several things can happen.
Brewcrewfan brought it up, not me?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pwn the dodgers > red Sox because we lit up manaea 2 weeks ago

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:

lol you were the one who brought up harvey, not cc 
No it wasn't me, Brew Crew fan did, CC had the side comment.

Check again. I said Mets, not Harvey.

Last I talked before the post was made was about the Sox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%