Lance Lynn to the Twins

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   catman

catman

• 794 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:09 AM

1/$12MM with incentives that could bring in another $2MM or so.  Glad to see this.  He reportedly turned down a 2/$20MM deal last week.

I hope to see the team make him a longer-term offer.

#2 OFFLINE   PWNdroia

PWNdroia

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 06:53 AM

Twins are signing everyone in the hope to find some talent. I'm not so sure if their tactics will work.

Edited by PWNdroia, 11 March 2018 - 06:53 AM.

<p><span style="font-size:24px;"><strong>READ THE FINE PRINT</strong></span></p>

#3 OFFLINE   catman

catman

• 794 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:54 AM

It isn't the overpay they did in the past.  It has been said that there is no bad 1-year contract.

#4 OFFLINE   PWNdroia

PWNdroia

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 04:54 PM

It isn't the overpay they did in the past.  It has been said that there is no bad 1-year contract.

I never said it was bad, like this deal a lot.

It just seems like Twins are putting together scraps left over, as bad as that sounds. It may pay off in their favor.
<p><span style="font-size:24px;"><strong>READ THE FINE PRINT</strong></span></p>

#5 OFFLINE   Coach

Coach

Top Draft Prospect

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 07:58 PM

They are fighting for the wild card presumably with the Angels/Mariners. SP was a need for them and Lynn fills it. Plus, if they fall out of the race in July, they can deal him for prospects. I doubt they are though. 

Houston Astros 2017 World Champions

~God First~Others Second~Self Last~

Twitter: @mjharvey12

#6 OFFLINE   PWNdroia

PWNdroia

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:03 PM

They are fighting for the wild card presumably with the Angels/Mariners. SP was a need for them and Lynn fills it. Plus, if they fall out of the race in July, they can deal him for prospects. I doubt they are though. 

I think the Angels are overrated.  Seattle won't make it, they never do.  Again, I think the Twins may get in by default, not because they are actually that great.

#7 OFFLINE   Coach

Coach

Top Draft Prospect

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:13 PM

Angels were decimated by injuries to their SP last year. If they can stay healthy, they are right there with the Twins for WC #2

Houston Astros 2017 World Champions

~God First~Others Second~Self Last~

Twitter: @mjharvey12

#8 OFFLINE   PWNdroia

PWNdroia

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:27 PM

Angels were decimated by injuries to their SP last year. If they can stay healthy, they are right there with the Twins for WC #2

I don't know, who is good in their rotation besides Garrett Richards?  Please don't tell me Shohei Ohtani.  Guy hasn't even faced MLB players yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 7 user(s)

catman, brett05, Teagz, Coach, BlackMamba, Big Bid'Ness, HitmanCapone

Social Media

Site Info