Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We're nine days away from the playoffs, and playoff talk is starting to heat up. So lets get it started.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not a big fan of New York. That team has no structure, the staff, front office, and players are all on different pages. They don't have an identity.

MR.ballin

$carface
Reaction score
Not a big fan of New York. That team has no structure, the staff, front office, and players are all on different pages. They don't have an identity.
? The Knicks have been doing really good lately. I just want Amare to come back so he can get warmed up before the playoffs. Only asshole on the Knicks management is Dolan.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Their last four wins are against Milwaukee, Washington, Boston, and New Jersey.

I'd expect them to do good.

MR.ballin

$carface
Reaction score
Their last four wins are against Milwaukee, Washington, Boston, and New Jersey.

I'd expect them to do good.
Boston is actually a good team. Their going to be a hard match up for any team that has to face them in the playoffs. Yes the other three are bad teams but you have to take into consideration the Knicks are beating all these teams without Amare or a real PG.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Boston is actually a good team. Their going to be a hard match up for any team that has to face them in the playoffs. Yes the other three are bad teams but you have to take into consideration the Knicks are beating all these teams without Amare or a real PG.
Yes Boston is a good team, but you guys won't shoot from deep like that again. 8-10 from three for Novak? 7-10 for JR? That's not going to happen again. Plus they were without their best shooter. That game should be like a throw away.

Playoffs are a whole different monster.

MR.ballin

$carface
Reaction score
Yes Boston is a good team, but you guys won't shoot from deep like that again. 8-10 from three for Novak? 7-10 for JR? That's not going to happen again. Plus they were without their best shooter. That game should be like a throw away.

Playoffs are a whole different monster.
And we were without Amare and Lin. I said this before Smith has his good nights and has his bad nights,and that one against Boston was one of the good nights. Steve Novak can go 8-10 again. I think he's proven to be the best 3 point shooter in the NBA now. Leave him open he will most likely drain the 3.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And we were without Amare and Lin. I said this before Smith has his good nights and has his bad nights,and that one against Boston was one of the good nights. Steve Novak can go 8-10 again. I think he's proven to be the best 3 point shooter in the NBA now. Leave him open he will most likely drain the 3.
Novak wouldn't even sniff 4 three pointers if you guys had to play Boston again. Doc Rivers was probably so sick to his stomach that he's already made adjustments, even if yall don't meet again. Not to mention the return of Melo, Amare, and Lin means less shots for those guys, which means their impact on the game becomes nearly nonexistent.

And tell me, what is yalls record with Amare? Amare is exactly what is wrong with the Knicks. He will only hurt the Knicks and the rythmn you guys have going when he returns. Defensive minded staff with offensive minded players. It will be a terrible combination come playoff time.

Amare and Melo are both good players, but neither are elite players, they both are black holes in a offense. Those two guys will see the court together and all the ball movement will stop, guys getting open looks will stop BECAUSE the ball movement stopped, and so on. The Knicks are a -49 net score when Amare is on the court. Too put that in perspective, the Knicks are +117 when Novak is on the floor.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ive been saying this all season. i think they got a solid team but im not expecting them to get out of the first round, let alone past a game six.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ive been saying this all season. i think they got a solid team but im not expecting them to get out of the first round, let alone past a game six.
Of course, you have to be a solid team to make the playoffs. But that teams makeup just isn't, right or what it needs to be I guess. Truthfully, that Melo trade was just idiotic, but I think we all know that.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i really dont think they should have done it. theyd he much better off. like you said the makeup of that team isnt right.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i really dont think they should have done it. theyd he much better off. like you said the makeup of that team isnt right.
Just think. Obviously this is a ton of what if's, not even sure if it's plausible, but:

Lin/Miller/Douglas
Fields/Smith/Shumpert
Gallinari/Chandler
Amare/Novak
Chandler/Mozgov/Harrelson

I don't know, something like that. I like that team a whole lot better than the current Knicks team.

MR.ballin

$carface
Reaction score
Novak wouldn't even sniff 4 three pointers if you guys had to play Boston again. Doc Rivers was probably so sick to his stomach that he's already made adjustments, even if yall don't meet again. Not to mention the return of Melo, Amare, and Lin means less shots for those guys, which means their impact on the game becomes nearly nonexistent.

And tell me, what is yalls record with Amare? Amare is exactly what is wrong with the Knicks. He will only hurt the Knicks and the rythmn you guys have going when he returns. Defensive minded staff with offensive minded players. It will be a terrible combination come playoff time.

Amare and Melo are both good players, but neither are elite players, they both are black holes in a offense. Those two guys will see the court together and all the ball movement will stop, guys getting open looks will stop BECAUSE the ball movement stopped, and so on. The Knicks are a -49 net score when Amare is on the court. Too put that in perspective, the Knicks are +117 when Novak is on the floor.
The Knicks lost to the Heat when Melo scored 43. I rather take the chance of playing Amare vs the Heat than keeping Melo at the four. I don't think the Knicks can beat the Heat in the playoffs but I just want to see how well they will do against the Heat.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So I guess matchups are locked?

Chicago vs Philly
Miami vs New York
Indiana vs Orlando
Boston vs Atlanta

San Antonio vs Utah
Oklahoma City vs Dallas
LA Lakers vs Denver
Memphis vs LA Clippers

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
worst team ever deserves anthony davis

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Ouch I could see the Mavericks getting swept by the Thunder. They are going to be looking for some serious payback this year.

Heat vs. Knicks is going to be scary, but I think the Knicks will play tough and keep it interesting.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I could see three of those series in the West going either way. The Thunder should rape the Mavs, but they like to play over their heads at this time of year. Clips/Grizz should be a great series, as should Lakers/Nuggets.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Only about 1/2 appeal to me...

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Guess I'll make a prediction thread as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%