Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/996450230408278016

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
I lost respect for the guy.  He's an idiot.

In the report I read, he claimed that he took a drug his trainer gave him and "assumed" it wasn't a banned substance.  Yet, from what the report said, the drug was a masking drug that covered up PEDs.  Why would he be taking a masking drug if he weren't taking PEDs?  Stupid, stupid, stupid.  If you're going to lie about it, at least pull a Ryan Braun.  Don't act like you don't know what's going in your body and don't blame the trainers for your own stupidity.  Own up to it.

Another good future HoF player that is no longer a future HoF in my book.  It's bad enough to get banned, it's even worse to lie about it and suck at lying.  A fifth grader would make an excuse like that.

If he really didn't take the drugs on purpose, he'd be fighting the ban.  We know that's not happening.  He accepted the ban.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Ryan Braun owned up to it? Didn't he claim he took a banned substance to combat herpes hahaha

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Bold take: I think the MLB should un-ban steroids and actually encourage its use (within reason of personal health), because the league needs to get more exciting.

Lets see more 100mph throwers and 50+ HR hitters. Plus its not like everyone wasn't taking it anyways

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Bold take: I think the MLB should un-ban steroids and actually encourage its use (within reason of personal health), because the league needs to get more exciting.

Lets see more 100mph throwers and 50+ HR hitters. Plus its not like everyone wasn't taking it anyways
Juicing the balls was a good solution to this. Seems like they didn't do it this year.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Ryan Braun owned up to it? Didn't he claim he took a banned substance to combat herpes hahaha
Ryan Braun didn't own up to it, that's not what I was trying to say.  

What I meant was Ryan Braun at least had a different excuse than "I didn't know I took an illegal drug" like most of the guys are saying today.  He's a nasty guy.  Will say anything to save himself even if it isn't true.  But they bought his story until the truth finally came out.  You can't buy the story "I didn't know I took it."  Both cases were incredibly idoitic, Ryan Braun was just a little better at lying.  He also makes himself look like more of an ass when he's wrong.

And look at Braun now.  He sucks, so glad he's sucking and is not a big name anymore.  I can forgive most guys who live up to it but not the ones that will say anything to get away with it (like Braun).

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:

I'm not one to believe steroid use is a logical way to increase "excitement."  It may have worked in the 90's, but one time doesn't necessarily work every other time.  Also, it's not morally right, nor is it healthy for guys to change their bodies to play the game.  Also, it's bad role modeling for new players. Lots of people look up to sports stars, so they might join the druggie bandwagon if they think it helps them.

You want an unfair game?  It's not Moneyball, it's steroids.

Steroids won't change the game.  If we get another dead ball era because of lack of hitting, we'll see good pitching.  The game will just mold itself into something else "exciting."  No need to make negative something that doesn't need to be.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
This is a shame I really liked Cano. The idea that baseball needs to welcome steroids is the dumbest idea I've ever heard.

They need to add an endorsement to all contracts allowing them to be voidable if a player tests positive

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
no body ever truly owns up to juicing. fighters always have an excuse, as do mlb guys. they never 100% accept guilt and admit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%