Member Tagging

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
People have been confused to how to tag members in posts for a bit now, and we've used the excuse that "oh, we'll fix it when we get to the new IPB update".

Well, that's pretty damn lame, because we've had it now for a good long time, and its really easy to do. It's different from the Twitter/Facebook style of just typing '@', but its still pretty easy. You can either just type out the code yourself or just do as the following .gfy shows

https://gfycat.com/BabyishAdmirableEastrussiancoursinghounds

That's the code you want.

[member='INSERT USERNAME']
Make sure you correctly type the person you want to tag's username or it won't work, and you if you messed up the tag you should delete the post and create a new one, as I do not believe it works post-edit.

On mobile you can't click that button thing because its not there, but this really isn't a hard code to remember. just a bracket, member=, the username with a single quotation around it, and then bracket.

Any questions let em fly at me. Pretty easy stuff here that I see people messing up a bit

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
[member='bosoxlover12'] just wanted to use a fancy little gif thingy he did. good werks

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Papa Pugzo said:
[member='bosoxlover12'] just wanted to use a fancy little gif thingy he did. good werks
i learned how to screen record on a mac without using its microphone so ive been using Streamable a bunch lately haha. Hi-res clips from movies and Archer for days lol

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
thats pretty awesome. im only a little jelly

rose

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
.... did you read the post? this is wrong.
nah i got u. i clicked the wrong one tho.. and posted it in the wrong thread lol

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Senators26 said:
Apparently it's not notifying people again. Refer to this thread: http://www.sportsinsomnia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=96609&page=10
Yeah, not my fault [member='RunSoHard'] messed up the tagging by not putting the quotations around the usernames.

[member=Senators26]
does nothing.

[member='Senators26']
would notify you, if it werent in code post here. 

But RSH messed up the tagging. It still works fine

RunSoHard

Reaction score
Why the fuck doesn't it work with a simple @ tag like ADFS? Is it really that hard? 

Senators26

Reaction score
RunSoHard said:
Why the fuck doesn't it work with a simple @ tag like ADFS? Is it really that hard? 
There's no add on for it, so yes.

RunSoHard

Reaction score
Senators26 said:
There's no add on for it, so yes.

Why isn't it built in? I've had no own forums that were simple proboards based that had the simple messaging system

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
We have multiple plug-ins for the @ tag, and they don't work. This does work, and its REALLY not hard to do at all. No reason to complain

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
apparently codes are always yard to remember.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
RunSoHard said:

Why isn't it built in? I've had no own forums that were simple proboards based that had the simple messaging system

IPB never made it built-in until IPB 4 (which we're upgrading to after the NBA Finals) - we've added numerous plugins in the past but they were buggy and eventually conflicted with other plugins. 

I know this code isn't ideal, but we're trying to make it work until we upgrade. Once we upgrade it will be as simple as typing @ and a name. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
daulten780 said:
[member='bosoxlover12'] Can you unlock my PMs please?
it should be unlocked already

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
Still think its the coolest thing how you did the how to on a gif. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%