Not open for further replies.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://www.n-tv.de/sport/Bayreuth-arbeitet-an-Sensation-article4758436.html

A guest performance by Dirk Nowitzki is unlikely even if the NBA Lockout is permanently. Instead Kevin Durant, NBA Topscorer in recent years, could play in the Basketball-Bundesliga. At least BBC Bayreuth is very interested.

There may be a spectacular transfer in the Basketball-Bundesliga: NBA-Topscorer Kevin Durant from the Oklahoma City Thunder reportedly is in negotiation with BBC Bayreuth and could be heading to Germany if the lockout is permanent. Bayreuths GM Manfred Schöttner confirms the interest of BBC Bayreuth. To finance the deal of the superstar who was the best Scorer in the NBA, there already were talks with potential sponsors. How a financing could look like and how contact was made is unknown.

Ready for Europe
The 23 year old Durant, who was voted for MVP of the recent World Cup evinced his interest recently to play in Europe. "I have thought of playing overseas and I am ready to make the jump.", said Durant at a charity game in Dallas.

Because of the Lockout in the NBA some superstars are currently searching for teams for which they can play for until the season in the NBA starts. All games in November have already been canceled. Also, the israeli topclub Maccabi Tel Aviv and the spanish club Valencia reportedly are negotiating with Durant.

On the Oklahoma City Thunder Durant has signed a contract over five years with 86 million guaranteed.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Surprised I didn't get a single response to this, but here is some more:

The Oklahoma City Thunder's Kevin Durant told Yahoo sports Saturday that he could sign a contract next week to play overseas.

Read more: http://newsok.com/report-okc-thunder...#ixzz1dmPFGmli

Durant said he has offers from Maccabi Tel Aviv in Israel, Valencia in Spain and BBC Bayreuth in Germany. As is the case with other NBA players that have gone overseas, Durant's deal would include an opt-out clause if the NBA lockout ends.

“I'm right on the fence with playing overseas and I'm about to jump over,” Durant told Yahoo's Marc Spears.

Durant also said he didn't know if he would attend a Player's Association meeting to discuss the latest proposal from NBA owners on Monday.

“I know it's not a good (deal),” Durant said. “It's not the one that we want. ...If it's not a good deal, I don't see why we should take it, especially this late.”

Durant, who played in Josh Howard's charity basketball game in Dallas on Saturday, went on to tell Yahoo he thinks there's a “50-50” chance the NBA will have a 2011-12 season.

“I have optimism, but of course everyone else around me is nervous,” Durant said. “Hopefully, something comes up. But as of right now it's slow. Hopefully, things will pick up. We'll see what happens.”

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i just dont see him going overseas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%