Carlos Pena's share of the 2009 AL HR crown gets asterisk (*)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VC15

Reaction score
MLB has decided to put an asterisk (*) next to Carlos Pena's name in the record books for the 2009 season with regards to his sharing of the HR crown with Mark Teixeira.

The reason being that his manager facilitated his sharing the HR crown by hitting Mark Teixeira twice in the season's final three game set and walking him intentionally and instructing his pitching staff not to give him anything to him so that he would not hit one out.

That's cheating, that's crazy and that puts an asterisk (*) next to Carlos Pena's name in the record book for his 2009 HR crown because it was facilitated by his manager.
Good, Maddon is a joke of a manager who was only recognized after that fluky 2008 that the Rays had.

VC15

Reaction score
<_<

It came right from mlb.com

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeah, not gonna happen .. NY fans can cry all they want about it, but it's part of the game. There were 159 other games Teix could've hit another HR, so.......

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Yes, building a team through the draft is a huge joke and any team and or manager who does so should be banned from the MLB. Why not go out and buy one instead?

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol its no where on mlb.com. Everyone this is fake and kikimustgo is dumb.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And to think, I thought this was going to be a thread with some substance in it

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Should have payed more attention -- no one at the MLB writes that poorly.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Why would you post this? I thought you were better than that, but I guess not...

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
wow way to scare me, I thought he was caught for taking roids or something, I have him in my fantasy pool and I don't want to lose him

<Censored> u, u stupid idiot

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Unlike A-rod, Pena doesn't need roids to hit homers.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
<_<

It came right from mlb.com
Do you think we're that stupid?

the last line in that quote would never be written on mlb.com by one of their writers. Go ahead and cry over it -- and like everyone else has said, your a <Censored>ing joke.

The fact that you actually have the time to write a stupid quote, not provide a link to even TRY to fool us, shows us you really have some self esteem issues.

So what, your pretty boy Teixeira didn't win the HR crown. Your team won the <Censored>ing world series, but of course that's not enough. Yankee fans still try to get more and more out of everything, even if it's undeserved. Let other people have what they've earned... your just like all the ignorant Yankee fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%