Official 2016 SI NBA Mock Draft Discussion Thread

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Knowledgable...
lol k bro. when you've actually watched the celtics play and not just looked at box scores, come talk to me.

if jaylen brown is the pick i expect a huge apology from you

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
you've trolled me for 5 years -- pick on someone else now

Stray32

Reaction score
Personally I think it's very realistically possible that Jaylen Brown could be the pick, I just think it'd be a bad pick

Bender isn't perfect or ready but imo he's the best pick in terms of combination of fit and upside and because of their roster I think their pick will be a big unless they think there's a clear BPA guard (which I don't think there is)

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Dragan Bender isn't a big though. He's a stretch four who will play SF in big lineups.

He's a poor man's Andrei Kirilenko -- which is still a really good player. But he isn't playing goddamn center like some refer him to, solely due to his height

Stray32

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Dragan Bender isn't a big though. He's a stretch four who will play SF in big lineups.

He's a poor man's Andrei Kirilenko -- which is still a really good player. But he isn't playing goddamn center like some refer him to, solely due to his height
idk I've read multiple scouts saying that it'll take a few years but his prime will come when he adds the weight/strength to play C in a switch-heavy defense, realistically his position is PF but their point was he'll be more C than SF

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Bosox if you're wrong are you going to admit you know nothing about your own team?

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Bosox if you're wrong are you going to admit you know nothing about your own team?
if they draft Jamal Murray then yes

yrtb

Reaction score
I feel like the Celtics should try to move the pick in a package for a star. This draft is basically two deep, and they have a ton of assets but no stars

monta8curry

Reaction score
yo its been 5 days and the spurs still haven't picked. bruh. i just wanna make my pick.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sorry guys, been out of town all week and wasn't alerted that I was up.

monta8curry

Reaction score
Picked Damian Jones at 30 for the Warriors; felt like this was a steal, definitely expected him to go earlier. With Ezeli probably getting big money in the offseason and likely walking (as well as Speights being a FA), Warriors will have a void at backup center and power forward. Warriors do have a couple young options in McAdoo and Looney, but both are still huge question marks at this point. Jones is athletic and has the potential to be an Ezeli type player but even better since he has a better feel for the game (hard not to). While he won't provide much offensively early on, his athleticism and defensive potential would give the Warriors a solid rim protector off the bench. 

Honestly thought Jones would be picked early-mid 20's but whatever. Was fully ready to pick Stephen Zimmerman out of UNLV, but Jones was still on the board.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jones is interesting.  I think he's one of those guys who you're taking on pure potential, but he does have a lot of upside.  I could definitely see him slipping into the second.

Paulius

Reaction score
Yall snoozin on sabonis. In 5 years everyones gonna be saying how he shoulda been the 3rd pick

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
#2 SG of all time #24 said:
Yall snoozin on sabonis. In 5 years everyones gonna be saying how he shoulda been the 3rd pick
i took him at 8

Stray32

Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Jones is interesting.  I think he's one of those guys who you're taking on pure potential, but he does have a lot of upside.  I could definitely see him slipping into the second.
Yeah I think any of the bigs projected to go late 1st or top part of the 2nd could swap spots/go earlier or slip into the 2nd, they're all close enough that I could see different teams having completely different rankings of them

#2 SG of all time #24 said:
He went 8 here and that's probably as high as he'll possibly go in the real draft, he's going to be very solid but he's not going to be a superstar and teams at the top of the draft are going to pick for that upside over the solid ready-now player

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
One guy I like that I don't think I've ever seen anyone mention is Robert Carter out of Maryland. He's a second round prospect that's been overshadowed by those other Maryland NBA prospects, but that's a guy who I think is surprisingly skilled and could be a solid player if he can keep his weight down.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
One guy I like that I don't think I've ever seen anyone mention is Robert Carter out of Maryland. He's a second round prospect that's been overshadowed by those other Maryland NBA prospects, but that's a guy who I think is surprisingly skilled and could be a solid player if he can keep his weight down.
HUGE if

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%