Report: Rose on verge of $250 million deal with Adidas

Status
Not open for further replies.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Derrick Rose said at the press conference for his recent contract extension that he really doesn’t know how much money he makes.

Let me help you out a bit Derrick — you are about to make mountains of cash.

Adidas is about to give Rose a lifetime contract worth about $250 million, according to ESPN.

One industry source insisted to ESPN.com this week that Rose’s new shoe deal with adidas will easily crack nine figures and could legitimately approach the $250 million range — as in $25 million annually over a 10-year span — in what is known in the shoe game as a “lifetime” deal.

How can the reigning MVP possibly command those kind of dollars as a shoe endorser? Here’s how: Rose, as it was explained to me, is adidas’ only counter to Kobe Bryant in China. I’m told Rose already outsells LeBron James there.
If you don’t think one endorser can mean that much to a brand, ask Nike about life without Michael Jordan.

Rose is the brightest star by far in the adidas pantheon. They also have Dwight Howard (which is rumored to be the reason Howard does not want to play in Chicago — adidas doesn’t want its two biggest stars in the same market. (Nike doesn’t seem to mind in Miami, but whatever.)

Smart move by adidas to lock up their biggest star, a guy who will potentially be at the top of the NBA for a decade. And maybe big in China.
God damn Rose lol

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
If i've said it once I've said it a million times -- sometimes these guys can sacrifice a few bucks on their Contract because they'll easily make up for it with Endorsement deals.

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If i've said it once I've said it a million times -- sometimes these guys can sacrifice a few bucks on their Contract because they'll easily make up for it with Endorsement deals.
+1. Greedy agents would never let this happen though

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
And yet, they still get away with it.

Take for example a player trying to get a deal with his team. Wants to stay, but wants his money. So he takes a backloaded contract. Makes a lot more in the last, idk, 2 years of that deal. But in the first 3, he's in his prime, and still cashing in on Endorsement deals. In the end, he makes the same amount of $$ despite earning less with his team for the first 2 years.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
his original pair was fire
im kinda iffy on his newest model

congrats to DRose though.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
His first ones were the only ones that looked good. Every pair that came after were ugly.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Never really thought of it like GMF, so true.
And of course he signs this deal AFTER he signs his extension.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Never really thought of it like GMF, so true.
And of course he signs this deal AFTER he signs his extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%