Bradford to start

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
OKLAHOMA CITY -- Heisman Trophy winner Sam Bradford will return from a sprained right shoulder and start for No. 19 Oklahoma on Saturday against Baylor in Norman.

Bradford missed the Sooners' last three games after spraining the AC joint in his throwing shoulder in a loss to BYU. Coach Bob Stoops said Friday that the quarterback has recovered enough to play in the team's Big 12 opener.

"Sam has had a great week of practice and is ready to play," Stoops said in a statement. "We're obviously excited to have him back."

Big 12 blog

Griffin ESPN.com's Tim Griffin writes about all things Big 12 in his conference blog.

• Blog network:
College Football Nation

Bradford said earlier in the week that he hoped to play against the Bears (3-1) so he could get a game under his belt before next week's rivalry game against No. 2 Texas in Dallas.

But he also said there was a chance he could still need surgery on his shoulder in the offseason, creating doubt over how his recovery was going.

The Sooners have all but fallen out of the national championship race since Bradford's injury, suffering their second loss of the season last Saturday night at Miami.

Bradford said he still hadn't given up hope that Oklahoma could win the national title, the goal he set after deciding to skip the NFL draft and return to the Sooners after their run to the BCS championship game last season.

He said it would be selfish for him to sit out the rest of the season just because his team's national title hopes were slim and he could protect his shoulder.

"That's big for a guy like Sam to make the sacrifice that he made with the opportunity that he had in front of him to come back and work with us the next year," safety Sam Proctor said this week. "He's a very low-key guy, down-to-earth guy and that just says a lot about his character."

Bradford, considered a top NFL prospect, has been told there shouldn't be an elevated risk of re-injuring the shoulder by playing.

"I really don't think there's much concern for me taking a hit. From everything that I've received from the doctors, it's like taking any other hit. It can't do much more damage," Bradford said. "The odds of me hurting it now are just like the odds of me hurting it before anything happened to it."
Wonder how he'll do, because of this I don't think he'll enter the NFL draft this year. Unless its a team like Titans with the 1st pick, so then he can change the team to playoff team right away.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Wonder how he'll do, because of this I don't think he'll enter the NFL draft this year. Unless its a team like Titans with the 1st pick, so then he can change the team to playoff team right away.
Glad to see he's going to play. The Sooners need him back. When he does enter the draft I hope he gets on a team I like because I do like Bradford.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think he'll be declaring for sure now actually. I don't think he'll pass up on the money and risk ANOTHER injury. He'll still have great value, and he'll take it.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Lions must have been laughing their a** of when he got hurt because he didn't declare and let them pick him. In the mean time, would you take him over Jevan Snead?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%