2018 Fantasy Football Roster Discussion

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Post and discuss your roster post draft here.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
My first draft (of two), 10 teams:

QB: Russell Wilson
RB: David Johnson
RB: Melvin Gordon
WR: Mike Evans
WR: Demaryious Thomas
TE: Delanie Walker
FLEX: Jordan Howard
DST: Broncos
K: Harrison Butker
BN: Marvin Jones
BN: Tarik Cohen
BN: Rashaad Penny
BN: Robby Anderson
BN: Kenny Stills
BN: Nelson Agholor
BN: Jared Goff

My initial reaction is I wish I had drafted TE a round earlier, and I also wish I had turned one of those WR's into an additional TE.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That’s a good team. WRs May be up and down but they usually are.

I’m in a 16 team work league. It’s gonna be nuts. That’s a lot of teams.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was in a 16 team league a couple years ago, it's definitely tough.  You better have a great draft because there's no turning your team around lol

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
I was in a 16 team league a couple years ago, it's definitely tough.  You better have a great draft because there's no turning your team around lol
Luckily about half of them don’t know much about football, but yeah it will be tricky for sure. Hoping to do a $10 buy-in with it. At least $5.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This one I just did was $50, I think thats the most expensive Ive ever done.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sheesh thats a huge buy in.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sheesh that's crazy. I'd be pissed off if I didn't win and lost out on $100.

With $5-20ish if I don't win its no big deal. Although usually i'm always in the finals or close to.

RN4L

Da Nation
Reaction score
My most recent 10 man snake mock, picking 6th:

1. Antonio Brown
2. Christian McCaffrey
3. Travic Kelce
4. Josh Gordon
5. Tom Brady
6. Marquise Goodwin
7. Jimmy Graham
8. Sammy Watkins
9. Carlos Hyde
10. Rams D
11. Drew Brees
12. James White
13. Dan Bailey
14. Nick Chubb
15. LeGarrette Blount
16. James Conner

I'd be damn happy if I can pull something like that with the 6th pick this year

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
You took Brady WAY too high

I love when people spend high on QBs. While you take Brady in the 5th round and take the #3 RB on the Browns in the 14th, Ill go get Josh Gordon/Golden Tate/Allen Robinson and then in the 13th I can get my QB. Go get someone like Derek Care, Alex Smith, Phillip Rivers, Patrick Mahomes, Dak Prescott, etc.

Yes, Nick Chubb could blossom into something amazing and be a fantasy stud. And it doesnt mean you have to pass on him. But if you wait on QBs, you can get so much talent around you and still get someone dope in the later rounds.

Like Pat Mahomes, while essentially a rookie, is going to be in an offense with a solid OL, a Top 12 RB in Kareem Hunt, the 2nd best TE in Travis Kelce, and with the WR duo of Sammy Watkins and Tyreke Hill. For a strong armed QB, hes gonna put up great numbers.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:

I love when people spend high on QBs. While you take Brady in the 5th round and take the #3 RB on the Browns in the 14th, Ill go get Josh Gordon/Golden Tate/Allen Robinson and then in the 13th I can get my QB. Go get someone like Derek Care, Alex Smith, Phillip Rivers, Patrick Mahomes, Dak Prescott, etc.

Yes, Nick Chubb could blossom into something amazing and be a fantasy stud. And it doesnt mean you have to pass on him. But if you wait on QBs, you can get so much talent around you and still get someone dope in the later rounds.

Like Pat Mahomes, while essentially a rookie, is going to be in an offense with a solid OL, a Top 12 RB in Kareem Hunt, the 2nd best TE in Travis Kelce, and with the WR duo of Sammy Watkins and Tyreke Hill. For a strong armed QB, hes gonna put up great numbers.
Yep I agree, I always wait on QBs, cause even the ones you mentioned will get you 25+ in standard leagues.

RN4L

Da Nation
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:

Yeah thats usually my philosophy but this was a mock and there werent any others that popped out at me at that particular spot.

When I saw how late I got Brees and how late Rivers went, I regretted it lol. It was a good learning experience for my 2 drafts coming up

BNC

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:

Would you take Rodgers in the 5th round in a 12 team? That's the only time I consider taking a QB in the first two rounds. I'm fine with that value but I could have had Cam 2 rounds later so I kinda regret it. 

I typically wait and in my other league I grabbed Ben and Mahomes in the 13th/14th. I have a similar approach with TEs, if I don't have to I won't draft a TE, D/ST or K and just pick them up a day before week 1 starts

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
No I wouldnt. Sure you can get Rodgers, but Ill take Graham/Engram/Fuller/Edelman

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
First time doing 8 team.... too damn easy

QB: Carson Wentz, Pat Mahomes
RB: LeVeon Bell, Kareem Hunt, Christian McCaffrey, Chris Thompson
WR: Tyreke Hill, Larry Fitzgerald, Jarvis Landry, Chris Hogan, Jordy Nelson
TE: Evan Engram, Jake Butt
D: Minnesota, New Orleans
K: Greg Zuerlin

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
First time doing 8 team.... too damn easy

QB: Carson Wentz, Pat Mahomes
RB: LeVeon Bell, Kareem Hunt, Christian McCaffrey, Chris Thompson
WR: Tyreke Hill, Larry Fitzgerald, Jarvis Landry, Chris Hogan, Jordy Nelson
TE: Evan Engram, Jake Butt
D: Minnesota, New Orleans
K: Greg Zuerlin
Yep 8s are nice. Stacked teams. I always like taking 2 good QBs in my leagues to make it so someone else doesn't get them haha.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
My 2nd team, 12 team league:

QB: Deshaun Watson
RB: Alvin Kamara, Christian McCafrrey
WR: Doug Baldwin, Tyreek Hill
TE: Zach Ertz
FLEX: Marvin Jones
DEF: Chicago Bears
K: Harrison Butker
BN: Patrick Mahoney, Jamal Williams, Rashad Penny, Sony Michel, Alshon Jeffery, Corey Davis, Jordan Reed, Dallas Cowboys DEF

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Im thinking about putting in a claim for the Texans DEF, who should I release, CHI or DAL?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%