Just bought AllDayFS.com..

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
AE. said:
I made the mistake of merging my site into Dave's. The agreement was 50/50 share of the site. Dave billed me as an Executive Admin and not part owner. I clashed with his staff regarding the content of the site and much of the troll'ish antics that were allowed there. Dave's account was root admin and of course, he used that power to remove my forum admin panel access. This was after I spent hours installing all the add-ons and site modifications Dave was too f'n stupid to install on his own. Needless to say I was pissed but I saw it coming. I created an Admin account a week prior and didn't share that with anyone. Once Dave banned my account, I logged into the Admin account and started to undo all the work I had done in the merger. This event became known as "The day Trinatas hacked CSS". 

Retards. 

Ouch!  How long ago was that?

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
buzzy said:
I don't really see the big deal with a merger. It's not gonna ruin anything, nor is it gonna drastically improve anything.
You'll get your 20, 30 new members, most of them will only lurk in the sim league forums and that's it. Great.

You guys need to spend way more time thinking about the main product you're trying to create here, instead of merging two tiny forums.
If the content's interesting, people will come. 

That's the plan.  We are ramping up on trying to get this site off the ground.  We (Eric and I) have changed our focus and plan to make SI even better.  ADFS came into our laps and I didn't want to pass up it up with getting several key opportunities with it, the site itself of  and Scott/Matt to be apart of this new drive we have to make the Article/Forum site bigger and better.  I feel it was a win win and feel the merging of the 2 sites into one will be the perfect fit. 

Donkey

Members
Reaction score
Listen speaking as someone whose a big part of the sim league there. You don't want the rest of the site.

Our core sim league group which goes back to realsportslounge is the only constant ever. I've been a part of it for 4 years now... it had gone on for awhile before I was even part of it.

Look we're not there by choice, if we had a better forum to go to we would be gone no doubt, we've had multiple run throughs with failed MoneyMan sites. Don't get in bed with him if you don't have to. For what it's worth I trust Sport but this whole thing is a little shady.

We weren't thrilled with them selling the site either and this is what MoneyMan said: (I presume it's partly a lie)

"We didn't sell the site lol. We are just combing with SI. Basically, we are going to be creating a network with their owner.
We are going to be creating a blog called sportsdriven.com which will be similar to SB Nation. Every time someone makes an article it will be integrated with the forum. It's pretty complicated, but we are going to be getting a different forum software and a new domain and then merging SI database and ADFS so nothing will change in terms of lost posts, or you won't have to re-register etc."

None of us want a merge either because every time a site with our league has merged with it, it has died. For example we've been on RealSportsLounge, merged to DigitalSportsLounge... gone... we were at Hoops Active I believe, then it merged... it's gone now... we went to CSS which soon died... we were at Hoops-Nation for a while, actually separated on good terms there but look where they are now... we were at OvertimeHeroics which died, that was a MoneyMan site... now we're at All Day FS... and honestly there might have been a site I missed in there. Bottom line is we've been everywhere, we've stuck together as a league... but we're a curse.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
It's accurate. It's an idea shaggy has been talking about for a while now.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Shaggy said:

Ouch!  How long ago was that?
...eh...2010 maybe? Sometime around then.

Shaggy said:
That's the plan.  We are ramping up on trying to get this site off the ground.  We (Eric and I) have changed our focus and plan to make SI even better.  ADFS came into our laps and I didn't want to pass up it up with getting several key opportunities with it, the site itself of  and Scott/Matt to be apart of this new drive we have to make the Article/Forum site bigger and better.  I feel it was a win win and feel the merging of the 2 sites into one will be the perfect fit. 
If you guys want to get this site off the ground then visit SportsHoopla and start taking notes. I don't know who owns that site or how it started but the place is loaded. I don't prefer it b/c there's actually too much to pay attention to but hey, to each his own. SI has become a virtual hang out for those who have been here for years. We used to have way more structure and consistent sports discussion but as we all aged, so did the site. This is a group that now prefers to have a few beers at a buddy's house instead of bar hopping till 2 am. Plenty of sports knowledge but not the group that is going to rewind 7 years and go back to the activity we had once before. 

I won't argue that SI needs some new blood but I don't think demolishing or uprooting the SportzInsomnia brand is the solution. I see Donkey's below post and think, "If they only would've brought that sim league to SI once, they would've never had to leave." And that's just it. For over a decade now, log onto to SI and you know it's still here. Whomever said in a previous post that "SI doesn't need to try to be something it's not", hit the nail on the head. 

Donkey said:
Listen speaking as someone whose a big part of the sim league there. You don't want the rest of the site.

Our core sim league group which goes back to realsportslounge is the only constant ever. I've been a part of it for 4 years now... it had gone on for awhile before I was even part of it.

Look we're not there by choice, if we had a better forum to go to we would be gone no doubt, we've had multiple run throughs with failed MoneyMan sites. Don't get in bed with him if you don't have to. For what it's worth I trust Sport but this whole thing is a little shady.

We weren't thrilled with them selling the site either and this is what MoneyMan said: (I presume it's partly a lie)

"We didn't sell the site lol. We are just combing with SI. Basically, we are going to be creating a network with their owner.
We are going to be creating a blog called sportsdriven.com which will be similar to SB Nation. Every time someone makes an article it will be integrated with the forum. It's pretty complicated, but we are going to be getting a different forum software and a new domain and then merging SI database and ADFS so nothing will change in terms of lost posts, or you won't have to re-register etc."

None of us want a merge either because every time a site with our league has merged with it, it has died. For example we've been on RealSportsLounge, merged to DigitalSportsLounge... gone... we were at Hoops Active I believe, then it merged... it's gone now... we went to CSS which soon died... we were at Hoops-Nation for a while, actually separated on good terms there but look where they are now... we were at OvertimeHeroics which died, that was a MoneyMan site... now we're at All Day FS... and honestly there might have been a site I missed in there. Bottom line is we've been everywhere, we've stuck together as a league... but we're a curse.
RSL..lol, blast from the past. What ever happened to Kemp?? And yeah, when will people stop giving Moneyman authority b/c of his shitty AIM buddy list? He used to be a respected recruiter and then we've all experienced the same wack, recycled shit at multiple sites. Him calling this new venture something similar to SB Nation is hilarious. SB Nation pays their writers and imagine this, they have to be people who know how to actually write.

Good luck creating the next SB Nation with the RSL-ish retards that follow him around from forum to forum. AllDay FS doesn't have shit for actual sports discussion and somehow this will translate into a respected article writing team. I know these old dogs at SI aren't into writing articles so... who is left? 

Raindelay

Has 2 Phones
Reaction score
Agree with most of your statements except for the fact that SH sucks.

Bunch of trolls and a very awkward, weird community in general. You should remember the White Lightning gang from STS, Trinatas.

Some crazy fucks.

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
AE. said:
...eh...2010 maybe? Sometime around then.

If you guys want to get this site off the ground then visit SportsHoopla and start taking notes. I don't know who owns that site or how it started but the place is loaded. I don't prefer it b/c there's actually too much to pay attention to but hey, to each his own. SI has become a virtual hang out for those who have been here for years. We used to have way more structure and consistent sports discussion but as we all aged, so did the site. This is a group that now prefers to have a few beers at a buddy's house instead of bar hopping till 2 am. Plenty of sports knowledge but not the group that is going to rewind 7 years and go back to the activity we had once before. 

I won't argue that SI needs some new blood but I don't think demolishing or uprooting the SportzInsomnia brand is the solution. I see Donkey's below post and think, "If they only would've brought that sim league to SI once, they would've never had to leave." And that's just it. For over a decade now, log onto to SI and you know it's still here. Whomever said in a previous post that "SI doesn't need to try to be something it's not", hit the nail on the head. 

RSL..lol, blast from the past. What ever happened to Kemp?? And yeah, when will people stop giving Moneyman authority b/c of his shitty AIM buddy list? He used to be a respected recruiter and then we've all experienced the same wack, recycled shit at multiple sites. Him calling this new venture something similar to SB Nation is hilarious. SB Nation pays their writers and imagine this, they have to be people who know how to actually write.

Good luck creating the next SB Nation with the RSL-ish retards that follow him around from forum to forum. AllDay FS doesn't have shit for actual sports discussion and somehow this will translate into a respected article writing team. I know these old dogs at SI aren't into writing articles so... who is left? 

So you are going to hate on me for giving it a shot?  I know we will never be even close to what SBNation is, but I don't expect to be.  I just want to see where we can go with it.  I'm I the retard now for trying something that I have been wanting to try for awhile now? 

Also, I have no idea who Moneyman is so he is not involved in anything...

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can't believe ive been on SI for 10 years
Id hate a name change

Changing the Z to S is ok tho

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Shit, I've only been a part of like two sports boards in the last 10 years.

Plenty of gfx boards, tho.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Shaggy said:

So you are going to hate on me for giving it a shot?  I know we will never be even close to what SBNation is, but I don't expect to be.  I just want to see where we can go with it.  I'm I the retard now for trying something that I have been wanting to try for awhile now? 

BrewCrewFan

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Shaggy said:

I'm not going hate anyone for it. Its not that serious. I just don't want to see this actual forum be taken offline. You can scrap the domain, just don't take down the board. IMO, even when the last of the ol' SI crew is gone, the place should be bronzed and sent to some museum for lifetime preservation. This is literally the only forum of its kind, (free of corporate sponsorship), to have lasted as long as it has. Thank about all the forums exactly like SI 10 years ago and where are they now? 

Moneyman/BCF wlll be on your team until you cross him or something else that peaks his interest comes along. Just as fast as he can bring in the sim league crowd, he can recruit against you when he decides to open up his own forum or support another start up. He's a broken record. 

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BrewCrewFan said:
I don't have the time to open up another site nor would I want to.
Your attitude tends to change about as much as the weather does in the Midwest.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'm well aware of his tendencies, and he knows it's going to take a long time for people here to trust him.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Shaggy said:
So I just bought AllDayFS.com and plan on merging into SI.  We will be also renaming(new domain name) the sites when they are merged.

AllDayFs is a very active Sim league forum and we hope with its activity, that is sparks up more SI activity.  SI has been gaining a little more activity recently, and hope this merge will explode that activity.

We have been brainstorming new names and possibly a new forum software (IPB4 or XenForo).  We would love for your guys input on names.

Here are a few we talked about.

SportsFanatics.net - I own it already. The only issue with it is its a .net
SportsInsomnia.com
SportsFF.com - Sports Fan Forum?

I'm in the minority on this, but SportsForums.com would be great for SEO, but its not unique.

Post any ides you guys have.

I don't know enough about mergers, SI is pretty much all I've ever known. I have been worried about this forum for some time now, it's definitely dropped off considerably the last several years and I was scared one day we were suddenly going to lose it. Out of them above, I like SportsInsomnia.com. I don't know what the perfect solution is but I'd definitely hate to lose what SI has always been about. The guys who are still here are great and it's just always been a great place to be, even with the activity being down. At the same time, I'm for what is best for SI and what it takes to keep going for years to come. I guess I will support whatever decision is made and hope for the best. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%