College Coaching Carousel

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Other than money, I don't see why you would jump to a 2nd tier SEC school when you've already got a premier job at a prestigious school where you've already won a national title. 

CoachAF

Reaction score
Teagz said:
Other than money, I don't see why you would jump to a 2nd tier SEC school when you've already got a premier job at a prestigious school where you've already won a national title. 

Texas A&M is hardly a 2nd tier school. It's one of the 15-20 best jobs in the country. Right now, I'd say it's the 4th best job in the SEC behind Bama/Auburn/LSU. Maybe you view Florida St as a top 10 program, and maybe it is.  Maybe they haven't had the recent success, but the TAMU program has a strong history and you would be hard-pressed to find a more dedicated fan base. The facilities are better than most IMO, and the atmosphere in College Station is certainly unique.

Sometimes change is a good thing for coaches. It can become stale at a program, and a fresh new start is welcomed. Maybe that's what he wanted. It's a fresh set of expectations and a clean slate to work from. He's done it one place, now he gets the new challenge of doing it again at another. 

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jimbo's wife (now ex) literally fucked everyone with a cock in Tallahassee. I'd want to GTFO too. But nobody turns down a guaranteed contract of 10 years at $7.5M per.

I'm also baffled by the Herm Edwards signing. Hiring Herm is weird but hiring Herm and keeping everyone from Todd Graham's staff is batshit crazy. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%