• Gregor Polanco

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Going off of one stat is literally the dumbest logic.

Carlos Gonzalez offensive stats have been skewed by him playing in Coors Field for 81 games of the year, and it's pretty obvious that's the case based on his Home/Road splits over the last 4 years, and his defense has been well below average in each of the last 4 years as well. There's a reason why he's been really shitty based on WAR (4.0 WAR over 3 years which is nothing)

I don't get why you people on here can't get that. He's one of the most overrated players in the league. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I'm not even talking about this specific case. Using one number to make an absolute statement on who is the better player is awful. Can it be used as an argument to support who you think is better? Sure. But thinking that the WAR leaderboards are a 100% accurate representation of what the rankings should be, you're dead fucking wrong

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
BrewCrewFan said:

I said "why don't we just go based off WAR and call it a day" and you said "I would have no problem with that"
you left out the part that I had no problem with

You said "why don't we just go off of WAR and not vote" which I said I had no problem with. You wanna have a list of the top 5 per position in WAR, go for it. But if we're voting then solely looking at WAR is dumb as shit

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
RF has turned into such a bitch fest, so time for DHs. Idc if this was open for a short period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%