Oilers trade Hall for Devils Larsson

Senators26

Reaction score
https://twitter.com/EdmontonOilers/status/748239768610177024

Awful, awful awful trade. Chia wouldn't trade RNH for Dumba but then does this?

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
What a joke. If I was an Oilers fan I would be beside myself right now.

Senators26

Reaction score
I'm not as pissed as I was earlier. Larsson, Lucic, and maybe Demers > Hall.

They lost the trade when you look at the players but this makes the Oilers a better team.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Even if getting rid of Hall makes them a better team, they could have likely acquired a bit more in return which is what makes the deal a bad one. The return on Hall is really bad

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is how bad organizations stay bad.

Senators26

Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
Even if getting rid of Hall makes them a better team, they could have likely acquired a bit more in return which is what makes the deal a bad one. The return on Hall is really bad
Chia has been trying to move Hall, RNH or Eberle for a defenseman since Christmas. This is the best deal that was going to come up. Yes it's a bad trade but it was always going to be a bad trade, once they came to that realization they made the move. They couldn't go into next season with the defense the way it was.

H-MYK

Reaction score
This trade is going to come back to haunt the Oilers. I understand that they need defense but if they were going to trade Hall, they should've gotten more in return like a couple of prospects or draft picks.

Senators26

Reaction score
H-MYK said:
This trade is going to come back to haunt the Oilers. I understand that they need defense but if they were going to trade Hall, they should've gotten more in return like a couple of prospects or draft picks.
Oilers definitely don't need prospects or picks. They need pieces to make the playoffs NOW. Hall was being shopped for 6 months, this is the best offer that came up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%