Official College Gameday Thread

Delirium

Super Legend
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
Burning all of your timeouts in the first quarter is an interesting strategy.
Giving up a huge TD run is also an interesting strategy.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rosier is going to hold this team back again this season.

Thankfully Miami has one of the easiest schedules in the P5 after this game... not sure if that even really matters, though.

Delirium

Super Legend
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Do you have an ownership stake
No but if I did I'd make sure we played Miami every year given what I've seen tonight.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Feagles is the worst punter I think I've ever seen at any level of football.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think I'm tapping out on this one early.

Hopefully they drop Miami completely out of the top 25 next week.  

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
At least they didn't completely roll over. They were ultimately a couple of special teams blunders and retarded ass penalties away from that being a far more competitive game.

Rosier has to go, though. Miami has so much fucking talent on offense, and it means almost nothing with Rosier under center.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Good (surprising) game for LSU last night. They completely took their foot off the gas after halftime and almost let Miami back in it, but I really liked what I saw in the first half.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LSU's defense is fantastic.

IDK if that offense is going to keep them in games against the Georgia's and Bammer's of the SEC if they're not giving them the ball in plus territory every possesion, but they're definitely better than given credit for this past offseason.

Miami was also significantly worse than advertised.

Delirium

Super Legend
Reaction score
Both teams are obviously very talented, but the difference was the QBs and coaches. LSU fans have had to endure years of bad QBs, we know exactly what it's like to have the rest of your talent waste away. LSU's offense has always been about having the QB manage the game and we finally might have a QB who can do that. For all the hot seat talk with Coach O, I guess he did a pretty good job last night. But the LSU coordinators were great. I would have preferred them to be a little more aggressive later on in the game but they got the job done. It was great to see LSU finally WIN a QB battle for once, even if our guy didn't complete that many passes, he did enough for us to control the game, and that's all we really need against most teams. We'll see if he can step up and be the guy to take over a game when we need it, and he looked encouraging enough last night that I think maybe he can.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
At least they didn't completely roll over. They were ultimately a couple of special teams blunders and retarded ass penalties away from that being a far more competitive game.

Rosier has to go, though. Miami has so much fucking talent on offense, and it means almost nothing with Rosier under center.
Do they have anyone else they could try at QB? I thought their defense would carry them to a pretty good record but I'm not so sure about that after last night.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Teagz said:
Do they have anyone else they could try at QB? I thought their defense would carry them to a pretty good record but I'm not so sure about that after last night.
I think Burrow is going to be very good. You have to remember he didn't even arrive in town until less than two months ago, and wasn't named the starter until last Monday. He admitted they still have work to do with timing and such. It's going to take time, look at a guy like Stidham who has openly discussed the difficulties of being the starter after coming in so late. After the first two games last season he had only completed 27-48 passes for 264 yards. I think once Burrow becomes more comfortable he's going to really up the play of this offense.

His stat line was less than impressive last night, but his receivers didn't help him either. I think they had like 4-5 drops. I saw had the receivers caught those balls (and they were flat out drops) he would have finished somewhere around a 65% completion percentage and 240+ yards.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
I think Burrow is going to be very good. You have to remember he didn't even arrive in town until less than two months ago, and wasn't named the starter until last Monday. He admitted they still have work to do with timing and such. It's going to take time, look at a guy like Stidham who has openly discussed the difficulties of being the starter after coming in so late. After the first two games last season he had only completed 27-48 passes for 264 yards. I think once Burrow becomes more comfortable he's going to really up the play of this offense.

His stat line was less than impressive last night, but his receivers didn't help him either. I think they had like 4-5 drops. I saw had the receivers caught those balls (and they were flat out drops) he would have finished somewhere around a 65% completion percentage and 240+ yards.
I was referring to Rosier and Miami haha. I was pleasantly surprised by Burrow though. 

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Teagz said:

They have two freshman who were fairly highly rated recruits coming out of high school.  N'kosi Perry and Jarren Williams.  Perry was suspended for week 1, and I'd imagine Williams is going to redshirt this year.

Perry should get some decent playing time next week, but I doubt Richt will pull the plug on Rosier unless the season completely goes off the rails.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Burrow is okay but was mildly overrated by Ohio State fans

AiRuPtHeRe

Must Be Nice
Reaction score
Cam Akers had 82 yards on 14 carries and had a long run of 85 yards. Yikes

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
FSU getting embarrassed at home makes this week suck a little less.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Roll Tide. BYU beating Arizona was rather surprising.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%