Report: Man City Reject Bayerns €80M bid for Leroy Sane

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Manchester City rejected Bayern Munich's initial attempt to sign Leroy Sane, turning down an offer worth 80 million, according to The Guardian's Fabrizio Romano.

The German champions are now considering whether to submit an improved offer.

Despite giving him inconsistent playing time last season, it's understood that City manager Pep Guardiola prefers to keep the 23-year-old, who Bayern Munich views as a replacement for outgoing stars Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery.

Sane, who joined City in 2016, scored 10 goals and provided 10 assists in 31 Premier League appearances during the 2018-19 season.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Sane is a stud. I'm still so curious as to why he was left off the German National Team last summer.

As for City, with Sterling, Bernardo, Mahrez, etc., they're no short of talent on the wings, but Sane has more potential than all of those names. He's going to cost a lot, but I think Bayern will be willing to pay the price.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'm curious how much higher they'll go. They have hinted they won't go higher than the 80m they spent on Lucas Hernandez this winter but I think that's a load of crap.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There's been rumors of Mahrez leaving for a couple months now too. Interesting to see which side budges first here.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Where is Mahrez linked too? I did not think he would move so soon

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He hasn't been specifically linked anywhere. Think it was just a rumor stemming from him being upset about playing time. I don't think he's moving, and Pep said as much, but it adds an extra level of interest to this story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%