2017-2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jeff Flanagan on Twitter:

Ned Yost is back at home after his horrific fall that shattered his pelvis. He told me, “There’s no doubt I would have bled out if I didn’t have my cellphone with me. There was nobody that was coming. Nobody would have found me. I would have been dead by nightfall.”

Ned Yost also told me, "The trauma surgeon said, ‘Man, Ned, I was really scared about you. We’ve seen these things before – this is a 25-30 percent mortality rate. You were crashing on the table. We couldn’t get the bleeding stopped. I thought we were going to lose you.'"

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Idk what AA did for the Dodgers but he was still VP of baseball ops. Thats right behind Friedman

Good for him. Hate to see our FO plucked but he deserves another shot
Hopefully he learned a lot working with Friedman and Zaidi. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
I don't know whether it's better to part with Benintendi or Bradley Jr.  They're both similar, but Benintendi I think has more offensive upside and is younger.
he thinks

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
he thinks
Small sample size.

If he repeats with similar stats to this season, I'd say hes better.  But Bradley is a year away from hitting 26 homeruns himself.  Not enough data on each player to really prove anything if you ask me.  All I know is that Benintendi is younger and likely has more upside.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
Small sample size.

If he repeats with similar stats to this season, I'd say hes better.  But Bradley is a year away from hitting 26 homeruns himself.  Not enough data on each player to really prove anything if you ask me.  All I know is that Benintendi is younger and likely has more upside.
Benny has literally raked at every level. Jackie’s 26 dingers from 2016 were obviously a fluke. I remember seeing a spray chart where at least a dozen of his 26 barely cleared the wall.

As a Yankee fan, Benny is the current young player in boston who I don’t want to see all the time. I’ll say it again, he’s got a better stroke than Mookie does.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Doesn't look like Stanton will head to Boston or St. Louis

• Of course, Stanton’s own preferences hold the final say in any deal. While it’s far from certain, there are rumblings that Stanton is not inclined to approve a swap that would send him to the Cardinals or Red Sox, as Chad Jennings of the Boston Herald reports. If nothing else, anything less than a full blessing from Stanton with regard to a given organization would likely complicate any effort to finalize a deal.

Per MLBTR

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Future doyer

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Certainly feels like Giancarlo is eyeing LA

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Now reports are contradicting the report I posted. 

Who knows. It's the offseason. All kinds of fun.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If the dodgers trade for G its because they dont feel good about harper next year

I dont see friedman taking on all that money. Miami will have to eat some for the dodgers to consider.

If hes trying to force his way here, ok. But im not gonna get my hopes up

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Mets looking in to Cain, Gordon, Santana, and keeping an eye on the Kipnis market.

Surprised they're even thinking of spending, but I'm very surprised they're looking at Santana. That one doesn't really make much sense to me.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Very durable, very consistent, the opposite of a Met

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
That, and up until August, Dominic Smith was untouchable. 2 months where he hit below .200 and now they want to replace him at first.

Actually that is a very Mets move. Block him so he can't develop.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
If you don't want Stanton, then who do you want the Sox to sign?
idk. i'd be fine with JD on a 4/5 year deal 

its the 10 year deal with a full NTC and nearly all guaranteed deal that i dont like about giancarlo. if we at all dont want him in our future (like he could tear his acl and never be the same player ever again), he's literally stuck for $310M (because thats assuming we buy out his final year for $10M at age 39)

Id rather do nothing than sign stanton. its such a terrible foresight move to trade away a young stud for that contract

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
idk. i'd be fine with JD on a 4/5 year deal 

its the 10 year deal with a full NTC and nearly all guaranteed deal that i dont like about giancarlo. if we at all dont want him in our future (like he could tear his acl and never be the same player ever again), he's literally stuck for $310M (because thats assuming we buy out his final year for $10M at age 39)

Id rather do nothing than sign stanton. its such a terrible foresight move to trade away a young stud for that contract

100% why I voted for Ohtani. 

.ptt81 said:
Well JD wants 7 years, 210. So fuck that.

I have a hard time believing he gets that. 5 years is probably more likely. 

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
Well JD wants 7 years, 210. So fuck that.
I don't think he is worth it. He only hit over 30 homeruns twice in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%