2018 Trade Ideas Thread

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I was bored just thinking of trade ideas, being a typical bosox, and figured other people might want to contribute as well to this. So the idea is to post trade concepts that you think would be good ideas overall for both parties involved. Doesn't have to mean it will happen, but explain with some reasoning, and then hopefully others will respond with why yes/no, and then maybe post a proposal of their own. idk, just go for it.

So I'll start off with the following:

Demar DeRozan to the Timberwolves for Andrew Wiggins and a future 1st

This is lowkey a super important season for the Wolves, since its the last year before Butler opts-out into UFA. It doesn't mean he's gone, but if they want to re-sign him they will definitely want to keep him happy. Rumors stated Butler did not get along well with Wiggins, and I could definitely see him being made available for a trade to appease Jimmy. At the same time, the Wolves don't have any youthful assets coming up, so they are almost in a win-now mode. With Towns and Butler leading the squad, adding someone like DeRozan would be huge as an additional scoring threat for Minnesota. 

The lone catch is getting Toronto to accept, but I think this wouldn't be out of the question. Right now the Wiggins contract isn't great, very much understood, but he's 23 years old and could become a lot closer to his potential in a different team than one coached by Thibs. Plus in a similar way to how Oladipo rallied around being the "hometown guy" when he was traded to the Pacers, being a Toronto native could absolutely bring some energy to the franchise that was demoralized by LeBron James and despite huge success last year is looked at as a 4 seed for the upcoming season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%