Official '14 NCAA Tournament Thread

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tournament selection show coming up at the top of the hour. Keep all discussion in this thread.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
#FreeMSU&Louisville

4 seed is too low.

baltimore_boy

Reaction score
4 seed isn't too low for Michigan State. They had too many bad losses down the stretch to get a higher seed. Louisville though makes little sense to me.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Idk why Michigan State fans would want to be freed, their bracket is so winnable...

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Idk why Michigan State fans would want to be freed, their bracket is so winnable...

Their bracket is easy.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Michigan's bracket is fucking hell.

baltimore_boy

Reaction score
At least the selection committee did everything they could to try to keep Wichita from the Final 4. After their first game, they could potentially have to play Kentucky, Louisville, and Michigan/Duke to make it. They got their chance to prove they are deserving of that ranking. I'm rooting for them.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Michigan St overpicked by national media per usual

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Weak non conference schedule, susceptible to average play (losses to Georgetown, Illinois, Nebraska, Ohio St., UNC). Would be a low 4th or high 5th seed if they didn't win the Big 10 tourney.

Started 18-1 against weak competition, fell off considerably. I think the Big 10 as a whole is fairly overrated this year.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
A lot of their losses came when the team wasn't at 100% though. Talent wise they're top five in the country.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Right now I got a final 4 of Florida, Michigan State, Arizona, and Duke.

Though I'll likely change up the East region before the day is over.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
A lot of their losses came when the team wasn't at 100% though. Talent wise they're top five in the country.
Just don't see it. I think Appling is easy to neutralize, and while he's been very good, Harris has been a little inconsistent with his shot this year.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Duke over MSU

MSU over Florida
Duke over Creighton

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The narrative alone makes me hope Creighton doesn't make the final four

D1Sparty

Reaction score
I wouldn't say MSU played a weak nonconference schedule, it wasn't as strong as it usually is due to Georgetown being weaker than expected but it still ranked in the top 1/3 of division 1

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
I watched all of the stuff on ESPN last night and saw all of the Michigan State glossing.  Then I listened to The Herd today with my coffee barely being kicked in and listened to Colin go on some tangent about RPI being a joke (which it is) but his main and most mentioned reasoning was how MSU is a top 5 team in the country but is somehow seeded as a 4.  Then Steve Kerr came on the show and picked MSU to win the tournament (that makes a sweep of the ESPN panel: Bilas/Williams/Greenberg/Vitale + Kerr), and then Bill Rafferty came on and started talking about how Keith Appling is finally fully healthy and is a beast who is about to take shit over.

I feel like I'm in a parallel universe right now and this is all very disturbing.

Usually a fan of a certain team will like their team and give their team a little more credit than they deserve.  Right now I feel like most Michigan State fans are very confused by all of this and feel like they are being trolled by the United States of America.

I bleed green and I like Kansas.

P.S. - Leave it to elcheato to try too hard to be a contrarian and say that MSU's non-conference was weak and dismiss the parity of the B10.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
D1Sparty said:
I wouldn't say MSU played a weak nonconference schedule, it wasn't as strong as it usually is due to Georgetown being weaker than expected but it still ranked in the top 1/3 of division 1

Well considering there are 351 teams (I think), that's not saying very much

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mobruler said:
P.S. - Leave it to elcheato to try too hard to be a contrarian and say that MSU's non-conference was weak and dismiss the parity of the B10.
Kentucky, North Carolina & Georgetown was essentially the non-conference schedule. Georgetown is garbage, North Carolina is very average, and Kentucky isn't nearly as good as their ranking would suggest.

MSU, Wisconsin & Michigan are all good. The rest of the conference? Not so much. I wouldn't call it parity when Nebraska is beating top teams in the conference, my reaction would be exposing the conference a tad. It's the same shit when teams like Ole Miss knock off giants in SEC football and everyone points to it and calls it parity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%