Frank Martin suspended for being a big meanie

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
This is a joke and South Carolina should be embarrassed.  Martin got suspended for talking to a player in a fashion that the vast majority to NCAA basketball coaches do.  If Michigan State administration started watching Spartans televised time-outs in slow motion to lip read Izzo and held him to this insane standard, Izzo would miss about 4 to 5 games per year.  Bob Knight would have been eliminated via lethal injection.

Bunch of pussies at South Carolina.

http://deadspin.com/frank-martin-to-player-answer-the-fucking-question-a-1538162805

A .gif of what he was suspended for is on the Deadspin page linked above.

Frank Martin, the 
scariest college basketball coach in the world, has been suspended for one game by the University of South Carolina after being caught cursing out one of his own players during Tuesday's game against Florida.
In the GIF above, you can see Martin getting right in the face of freshman Duane Notice before screaming, like a maniac, "Answer the fucking question, asshole!" College basketball coaches are the worst.

P.S. - I wonder how how Steve Spurrier who is never afraid to say what he wants is treating the South Carolina football players.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm really not a fan of Martin, but it's not like he put his hands on him or something.

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
I'm really not a fan of Martin, but it's not like he put his hands on him or something.

Yeah that's basically it.  It's never okay to put your hands on a player, so I thought the Mike Rice situation was justified.  This situation is just ridiculous.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
its because the camera caught him cussing. thats all.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He was suspended because he has a history of being a lunatic, which makes it valid to me.

If you're going to keep acting like these players are actually "Student-Athletes", the coaches should be held to different standards. You're coaching unpaid students, don't act like a lunatic.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
^ lmao don't hate on my school mobruler.

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
Wut? I didn't say anything about Duke.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He goes to South Carolina iirc.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
elcheato, on 06 Mar 2014 - 9:23 PM, said:
He was suspended because he has a history of being a lunatic, which makes it valid to me.

If you're going to keep acting like these players are actually "Student-Athletes", the coaches should be held to different standards. You're coaching unpaid students, don't act like a lunatic.
Eh, not saying he's right, but South Carolina knew who he was and what they were getting, and they suspended him for what they knew he would do. He is a lunatic, but I don't think he did anything deserving of a suspension.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
since when are college coaches allowed to call their players assholes?

news to me.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
since when are college coaches allowed to call their players assholes?

news to me.
I'd take the stretch and say it's been done a number of times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%