Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/TBrownYahoo/status/952318954160050177

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/952323922162204672

CoachAF

Reaction score
Great deal for both sides. Moran is ready right now, but has no place on the MLB roster. Musgrove can be a great bullpen piece, or they can try him in the rotation. Feliz is the best prospect of the bunch. His stats last year are misleading. His stuff is electric. 

The fact that the Astros got this done without giving up Whitley or Tucker is awesome...

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
He needs to put up career numbers for this to be good. I think he will be fine.

CoachAF

Reaction score
Justin Verlander
Dallas Keuchel
Gerrit Cole
Lance McCullers Jr
Charlie Morton

Best rotation in MLB. Get Strom working with Cole will be a positive for him. Lower expectations. This is more and more exciting the more I think about it.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Coach said:
Justin Verlander
Dallas Keuchel
Gerrit Cole
Lance McCullers Jr
Charlie Morton

Best rotation in MLB. Get Strom working with Cole will be a positive for him. Lower expectations. This is more and more exciting the more I think about it.
Not the best rotation in the MLB

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Coach said:
Justin Verlander
Dallas Keuchel
Gerrit Cole
Lance McCullers Jr
Charlie Morton

I wouldn't say the best. I think Yankees, at the end of the offseason will,be the best team in MLB. Astros are up there, but I don't think they are the best. Indians have a great rotation as well.

CoachAF

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Not the best rotation in the MLB

Then who??? I started a thread for this topic b/c it is a good off-season thing to debate. 

My thoughts on each mentioned here: 

Astros: Great at the top and very solid throughout. Not a  weak link. 
Indians: Very top heavy, but possibly the best top 2 in baseball (depending how much you trust Strasburg)
Nationals: The best threesome, but wth happened with Gio last year? He was on a steady decline and then had a career year out of the blue. probably the best, plus they have the best SP in the game. (sorry Kershaw) 
Yankees: A lot better than one might realize, and no clear weak link, but health is a serious issue for 3 of the 5. The depth is a real concern. Of course they can still add a guy.

CoachAF

Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
I wouldn't say the best. I think Yankees, at the end of the offseason will,be the best team in MLB. Astros are up there, but I don't think they are the best. Indians have a great rotation as well.

They aren't going to sign a Darvish/Arrieta b/c they are trying to stay under the salary cap. Maybe they find another good SP, but I doubt it is one of the top SP. Who knows though, maybe the market crashes and these SP settle for a cheaper 1 year deal 

catman

Reaction score
I like this deal.  Cole can learn from a couple of the best in the game (Keuchel and Verlander) and a great coach. 
He has great stuff and a new set of eyes will help him bring it out.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Coach said:

Then who??? I started a thread for this topic b/c it is a good off-season thing to debate. 

My thoughts on each mentioned here: 

Astros: Great at the top and very solid throughout. Not a  weak link. 
Indians: Very top heavy, but possibly the best top 2 in baseball (depending how much you trust Strasburg)
Nationals: The best threesome, but wth happened with Gio last year? He was on a steady decline and then had a career year out of the blue. probably the best, plus they have the best SP in the game. (sorry Kershaw) 
Yankees: A lot better than one might realize, and no clear weak link, but health is a serious issue for 3 of the 5. The depth is a real concern. Of course they can still add a guy.
I would still say Nationals first, but it's close. Maybe even a push.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Coach said:

They aren't going to sign a Darvish/Arrieta b/c they are trying to stay under the salary cap. Maybe they find another good SP, but I doubt it is one of the top SP. Who knows though, maybe the market crashes and these SP settle for a cheaper 1 year deal 
I didn't say Yankees will have the best rotarion, I just think they will have the best team overall. Darvish won't give them the best rotation by any means, but he will make them better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%