Curry to be named MVP

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Coming off the heels of a dominant performance in Game 1 of the Western Conference semifinals, it appears that Golden State Warriors point guard Stephen Curry will take home Most Valuable Player honors.

Multiple reports indicate that Curry will be officially named as the 2014-15 MVP sometime before Game 2 between the Warriors and Memphis Grizzlies. The two teams reconvene on Tuesday.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But who's the real MVP?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
buzzy said:
But who's the real MVP?
harden

But steph is great. Can't be mad... Im just a little bummed because James did more with less imo

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Mexi said:
harden

But steph is great. Can't be mad... Im just a little bummed because James did more with less imo

Well he definitely didn't "do more" given that the Warriors won 11 more games.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score

Jimmer for MVP in 2017. Put your money in now boys.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I think the sad part about that is you probably saved that screenshot because he said Curry>JJ, which you probably disagreed with (at the time)

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Good for him, I love when the little guys win something of significance.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
I think the sad part about that is you probably saved that screenshot because he said Curry>JJ, which you probably disagreed with (at the time)
No lol I'm not that biased haha

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
He had a much smaller cross to bear than Harden, but whatever.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well deserved. I don't think anyone in the league did more with less. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
No lol I'm not that biased haha
Just checking lol. It was around the low-point of Steph's career, so I wasn't sure.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Well he definitely didn't "do more" given that the Warriors won 11 more games.
yes warriors had better record

Im saying he took his team further than the warriors

Hmm im sounding confusing

Warriors as the top team really wasnt all that surprising
Rockets on the other hand? The same team who made josh smith a valuable member, the team who lost parsons and dwight for half a season? As a #2 seed in a loaded conference? Cmon

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bware had the Warriors missing the payoffs and I would bet that Mexi would have had the Rockets above the Warriors in the pre-season if he had actually made predictions. 

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was kinda meh on houston
Deep conference, they were 4th last year right? Figured more of the same at best
James took his game next level and really improved his defense. Rockets, to this day im still kinda in that "just happy to be here" mode. Idk how they were 2 seed, even with james kicking ass

Hes a great one

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But like i said, good for curry

Harden wasnt robbed, but he really deserved it, cant take anything away from stephen but i woulda voted james

Not sure if oakland makes the playoffs without steph, but theyd be in a hell of a lot better position than houston who woulda been on pace with the lakers

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Mexi said:
yes warriors had better record

Im saying he took his team further than the warriors

Hmm im sounding confusing

Warriors as the top team really wasnt all that surprising
Rockets on the other hand? The same team who made josh smith a valuable member, the team who lost parsons and dwight for half a season? As a #2 seed in a loaded conference? Cmon

But.... he didn't do that

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
The Golden State Warriors' Stephen Curry, who set a single-season record for three-pointers made and led the league's best regular-season team in scoring, assists and steals, has won the 2014-15 Kia NBA Most Valuable Player Award, the NBA announced today. The 6-3 guard becomes the second Warriors player to win the award, joining Wilt Chamberlain, who was honored in 1959-60 when the franchise played in Philadelphia.

Curry totaled 1,198 points, including 100 of 130 first-place votes, from a panel of 129 sportswriters and broadcasters throughout the United States and Canada, as well as the Kia MVP fan vote on NBA.com. Players were awarded 10 points for each first-place vote, seven points for each second-place vote, five points for each third-place vote, three points for each fourth-place vote and one point for each fifth-place vote.

Rounding out the top five in the voting were the Houston Rockets' James Harden (936 points, 25 first-place votes), the Cleveland Cavaliers' LeBron James (552 points, five first-place votes), the Oklahoma City Thunder's Russell Westbrook (352 points) and the New Orleans Pelicans' Anthony Davis (203 points).

Source: nba.com

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:

But.... he didn't do that
What I'm taking from Mexi's argument, is that Harden did more for the Rockets individually than Curry did.

Steph scored 21.07% of the Warriors points this year, and had 27.53% of the Warriors team assists too. 
Harden, in contrast, scored 26.02% of the team's points, and had 31.04% of the team's assists. 

Four players on the Warriors (not including Curry) had more assists than the #2 player on Houston did. Golden State's #3 and #4 scorers had about as many total points as Houston's #2 and #3 scorers.

In a vacuum, where you only look at those statistics only, it appears that Harden did more than Curry did. Now, if you factor in the realization that the Warriors offense is based on spacing and excellent ball movement, where as Houston runs a whole lot more of isolation plays, and that Curry's shooting percentages are across the board just simply better than Harden's, its pretty obvious that Curry was the more important player.

But I see what Mexi was trying to say.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
What I'm taking from Mexi's argument, is that Harden did more for the Rockets individually than Curry did.

Steph scored 21.07% of the Warriors points this year, and had 27.53% of the Warriors team assists too. 
Harden, in contrast, scored 26.02% of the team's points, and had 31.04% of the team's assists. 

Four players on the Warriors (not including Curry) had more assists than the #2 player on Houston did. Golden State's #3 and #4 scorers had about as many total points as Houston's #2 and #3 scorers.

In a vacuum, where you only look at those statistics only, it appears that Harden did more than Curry did. Now, if you factor in the realization that the Warriors offense is based on spacing and excellent ball movement, where as Houston runs a whole lot more of isolation plays, and that Curry's shooting percentages are across the board just simply better than Harden's, its pretty obvious that Curry was the more important player.

But I see what Mexi was trying to say.
good post

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah good post bosox

I even admitted in my post that i was sounding confusing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%