Weekly Recaps & Eliminations

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
lol youre one of the only people from o2/bsx that i never got psds from.
pretty sure i had topics in both elite sections of my shit
... nice some are still on my bsx topic lol

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
pretty sure i had topics in both elite sections of my shit
... nice some are still on my bsx topic lol
then maybe i do because i had elite at both. i have some of your stuff from site packs but its probably old as shit.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the only thing i found from you in my psds is a dwade wall

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't understand all this bitching... 3 was clearly the worst this week. That isn't a slight towards picasso. I know what he's capable of, and he's a solid artist, but that sig in particular was vastly underwhelming compared to every other sig this week. It really wasn't even close. Are we voting on the sigs, or are we voting on the artists? Maybe I've been away from the GFX scene too long, and my eye for graphics has degraded, but I just don't see the appeal.

To be fair though, there really wasn't a great sig this week either.

This problem persists in EVERY goddamn tournament that has ever taken place on any GFX board. You do board voting, and the entrants complain about shit voting and recommend judges. They disagree with the judges decisions, and the judging is a "joke." We need new judges! BRING BACK BOARD VOTING! Then the cycle repeats itself on another board. This is why I prefer not being a part of these things. It usually turns into a circle jerk for established artists with a distinct style.

getyappcrnredy24

maybe god. live with soul, never die.
Reaction score
I don't understand all this bitching... 3 was clearly the worst this week. That isn't a slight towards picasso. I know what he's capable of, and he's a solid artist, but that sig in particular was vastly underwhelming compared to every other sig this week. It really wasn't even close. Are we voting on the sigs, or are we voting on the artists? Maybe I've been away from the GFX scene too long, and my eye for graphics has degraded, but I just don't see the appeal.

To be fair though, there really wasn't a great sig this week either.

This problem persists in EVERY goddamn tournament that has ever taken place on any GFX board. You do board voting, and the entrants complain about shit voting and recommend judges. They disagree with the judges decisions, and the judging is a "joke." We need new judges! BRING BACK BOARD VOTING! Then the cycle repeats itself on another board. This is why I prefer not being a part of these things. It usually turns into a circle jerk for established artists with a distinct style.
it may seem hypocritcal of me, but I do agree. I mean I complain about the voting and shit but mostly just because I disagree and for some reason I always feel a need to express my disagreement. I think at the same time, people have to realize that there's no way to go about this that would please any and every one, and so expressing disagreement is cool, but anymore than that is just a waste of time to bitch about.

I agree with the fact that there wasnt anything really GREAT either, this week or the week before.

josueelcatracho

Reaction score
Mines was not the worst. As a GFX stand point there were worse. I'll leave it at that, I'm not mad or anything. But as a GFX stand point the sig had blending and okay lighting. Like Deve said, Are we basing this off our best work or not? Also that Watt sig was solid IMO. Had good blending, I just don't understand the criteria in which these sigs are being voted on. IMO Deve should have won week one and you guys picked the right guy in Teagle week 2.

I'll go ahead and compare these 2. Looks like he fucking stole a BG from Deviant art and slapped A fucking render.

Can't even see the niggas face and he's horribli destaurated. The text is just as weak as mine. Tis all.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
Meh, I think if you guys just went through and each gave a 1-10 rating on each sig it would lessen the bitching. And give a reason why the worst sig was the worst. Just a suggestion

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Meh, I think if you guys just went through and each gave a 1-10 rating on each sig it would lessen the bitching. And give a reason why the worst sig was the worst. Just a suggestion
agree

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If people were mature enough to simply deal with being eliminated we wouldn't have this coversation.
I'm sure the day is gonna come where i go home and might not agree with it. Who gives a shit?

Voting and rankings on art is and will always be based on opinions. No thing is technically better than the other.

If the judges aren't overwhelmed by giving me one or two sentences on the sig that's going home I'm gonna post it. Although that just might spark even more conversation.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Like Deve said, Are we basing this off our best work or not? Also that Watt sig was solid IMO.

Can't even see the niggas face and he's horribli destaurated. The text is just as weak as mine. Tis all.
That's exactly what deve did not mean. Your previous work has nothing to do with it. The judges do NOT know who made what. Can they pick out artists that have a distinct style? Probably. But they're being told nothing.

He's wearing a visor I think.

getyappcrnredy24

maybe god. live with soul, never die.
Reaction score
i dont wanna make you go home tho, heading back to austria with nothing after so much work would be unfair

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
American Internet is pretty close to Austria. No worries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%