Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2010/08/new_orleans_hornets_reportedly_1.html

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2010/08/hornets_deal_julian_wright_to.html

I love both of these deals... :D

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Man I thought Julian Wright could of been a good player.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Trading away Collison is just a SMH

I guess you should enjoy this trade

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Julian Wright is gonna be a raptor legend lol.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Collison for Ariza? rofl thats horrible. Amazing deal for the Pacers, no idea how they got in this deal.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't see how getting rid of Collison for a Forward is helping them tbh

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't see how getting rid of Collison for a Forward is helping them tbh
Collison would have been stuck behind Chris Paul trying to get minutes. All of his talents would have just been wasted.

The Hornets needed a SF, as the only ones they had on the roster was Peja (old), Posey (garbage), Pondexter (rookie), Wright (ultra garbage). I really don't think it's a stretch to say the Hornets had the worst SF lineup in the NBA just a few weeks ago.

Two things the Hornets wanted to add to the wing this offseason, perimeter defense and athleticism, and oh boy did they do that with Ariza and Pondexter. I expect Ariza to shine with CP running the show. This is a great trade for the Hornets.

CP/???
Thornton/Belinelli
Ariza/Peja/Pondexter
West/Brackins/Songalia
Okafor/Gray

That's a very solid lineup, and the Hornets aren't done making moves.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ariza is a role player.. He's not going to shine. Perfect for a title contending team as a 4th or 5th best starter but thats it.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ariza is a role player.. He's not going to shine. Perfect for a title contending team as a 4th or 5th best starter but thats it.
agreed. and the hornets still arent going anywhere. they could have gotten more imo.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Yea, Hornets couldve gotten a lot more. Collison could develop into a great PG someday and just because the Hornets have Cp3 doesnt mean that they should scramble and trade their depth. Bad move imo, they shouldve kept Collison and seen how it would work with both of them for atleast 1 year.

Mauersota

Reaction score
Ariza + Belli is good I think. Posey wasn't going anywhere and Ariza is a good player. What are the Nets doing though? No need for Murphy and they give up Lee. Love it for the Pacers.

VC15

Reaction score
Ariza + Belli is good I think. Posey wasn't going anywhere and Ariza is a good player. What are the Nets doing though? No need for Murphy and they give up Lee. Love it for the Pacers.
What the hell are you talking about? We (the Nets) had no front-court depth before this move. Murphy will help to bring Favors along, he has been a double-double machine for his entire career, he is an NJ product, a 12 million dollar expiring contract after this year and he has a nice inside-outside game which will compliment Lopez nicely. Murphy will easily be the best big-man that Lopez will play next to so far. We weren't going to throw Favors into the fire immediately, and we sure as hell were not about to let Humphries start. We also had a big log-jam in the back-court with DH and Farmar at PG and T-Will/Morrow/Lee at SG. T-Will is a better all-around player than Lee and Morrow is a much better shooter than Lee. Therefore, Lee was the odd man out.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
troy to the nets helps them a lot. thrill summed it up. i like this deal for the pacers and nets.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I love this deal for the Pacers. Collison is a good young guard. They have a young team with a lot of promise.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
too bad danny will be on the decline before they get good, lol.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm thinking the Pacers could be the Thunder of the east...they have a good young squad.

VC15

Reaction score
I'm thinking the Pacers could be the Thunder of the east...they have a good young squad.
LOL. If any team in the East would assume the role of "OKC East", it would be us.

VC15

Reaction score
Nah the Nets have no where near the great young talent that Seattles Sloppy Seconds have.
And adding Amare isn't enough to even make the Knicks a playoff caliber team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%