#1 OFFLINE   Mentch

Mentch

Some Fucking Dude

• Members
  • 2,583 posts
  • NBA Sim League:

Posted 24 December 2015 - 03:41 PM

Posted Image
Together, Russell Westbrook and Stephen Curry, who used to be Rivals in the West, have teamed up on the Pelicans to produce one of the most dynamic offenses in the league

10. Pacers - Chris Paul may be 38, but hes good enough to team with KJ McDaniels to earn a spot on this list. CP3 is still fully capable of controlling an offensive flow without turning it over much at all, KJ McDaniels is having the best season of his career so far averaging close to 20 ppg, and even Brandon Knight is filling his role off the bench nicely with 12 points and 3 assists in 27 mins per game. Their impact is observed most on the defensive side of the ball though. While Knight doesn't really contribute defensively, CP3 still remains a formidable defender and KJ McDaniels has been known to be able to guard any position from point guard to small forward. It's the reason why the Pacers are still alive for a playoff spot in the East and have the 2nd ranked defense in the league

9. Heat - 9th overall pick Trevor Releford seemingly came out of nowhere in his first season as a pro. The only downside is that he turns the ball over 4 times a game. Heat fans will just have to hope this is part of growing pains. Otherwise, he's been surprisingly effective from deep and a solid defender so far. The offseason acquisition of Allonzo Trier seems to have paid major dividends so far for a Heat team that is finally in great position to make its first playoff appearance after 10 seasons. D'Marcus Simonds also has stepped up off the bench as a 3 and D guy, and hell even Ryan Harrow is contributing. Combined with a front court that's pulling down 54 boards a game, the Heat have the top ranked defense in the league and will likely hold home court advantage in the 1st round of the playoffs as well

8. Rockets - Big move to trade John Wall for Jordan Adams, but it's a good one. Wall is 33 and it's likely his best days are behind him, while Adams is 29 and locked up under contract through the 2027 season. Ben McLemore is also proving that his breakout season last year was no fluke and is continuing to average 26 ppg. The only problem is that now that Wall has been traded, this leaves Alexey Shved, Ty Lawson, and Xavier Simpson as the only PGs on the roster. This could end up holding back the Rockets from making the playoffs in the West, but they currently sit only 1.5 games out of the final playoff seed, so theyre not out of it by any means

7. Blazers - The recent acquisition of Zach LaVine to team with Kobi Simmons has once again made the Blazers relevant, and theyve quickly jumped back into playoff contention as a result. While LaVine is known as arguably the worst defender in the file, he's still good for 25 points and 9 assists on any given night. I still feel that Kobi Simmons could be playing even a bit better than he's played this season, but he's been a very solid complimentary piece and doesn't really have a weak area in his game, and Joseph Young has played alright as a backup

6. Wizards - Victor Oladipo has cooled down since his hot start to the season, but he's still a 20 ppg player and a solid defender. DVO has taken care of the ball and shot well from outside the arc, and he's averaging 17 points and 6 assists a game. While Bradley Beal's contract is probably being regretted right now, he's still providing an offensive spark to the 2nd unit with 12 ppg in 25 mins on 45% from the field. As a result, the Wizards remain in the playoff hunt in the stacked East

5. Nuggets - Theyre not the best backcourt in the league lol. All shitty jokes aside, there's still plenty of reason to worry about the Nuggets backcourt. Jordan Clarkson hasn't played much this year due to an ongoing cap situation. However, he averaged 27 points and 9 assists a game in the 2022 season, and this year when he played, he averaged 25 ppg and 7 apg. Surprisingly, Kevin Dillard has been serviceable in his place, putting up 11/5 in 25 mpg. Tony Wroten has also had the best seasons of his career in Denver, and he continues to not only score 20 ppg but also rack up 2-3 steals a game as well. The Nuggets backcourt definitely lacks depth, but I think top 5 is respectable considering what they're capable of on a nightly basis

4. Mavericks - If this was 2 sims ago they wouldnt be anywhere near the top of this list. The Mavs started the season 5-6 and Iman Shumpert was turning it over 5 times a game. Bur since the arrival of Dennis Schroeder and Shumpert's move to SG, the team has experienced a resurgence. Both players efficiently combine for 50 ppg, and their defensive capabilities put them in the conversation. The only thing holding the Mavs back from being higher on this list is the fact that they have absolutely no back court depth at all. Reggie Jackson is their most notable backup, and at 33, he's merely a shell of his former self. The Mavs have worked their way back to a 39-15 record and the top seed out West, so it's worked out for them so far, they just need to upgrade one of their backup guard positions

3. 76ers - The 76ers continue their quest towards a 3 peat, and while they have arguably the most stacked roster in the East, it's really all about their back court. Some things make you look back and scratch your head. One of those is how budding superstar Temple Gibbs has only been selected to a single All-Star game despite consistently ranking near the top of the league in assists and averaging 20/10 year in and year out. I guess the East is just that stacked at PG, but it shouldn't be held against Gibbs in any way when he's basically the most valuable player on the file. While Andrew Wiggins being brought in to replace Jahlil Okafor and his move to SG were both greeted with initial skepticism, he's proven to be a perfect fit next to Gibbs. His production is consistently on par with the rest of his career, and their defense has contributed to almost 10 steals a game. While their backups aren't anything notable, they honestly don't have to do much at all other than their job. In short, it's hard to trust any team to beat the 76ers over a 7 game series at this point in time

2. Hawks - The Hawks offense is tailor made to cater to the shooting services of Kyrie Irving and Avery Bradley, and it's resulted in the 2nd highest scoring offense in the league so far. The best part? Despite averaging 62 ppg combined between the 2 players, they only combine to turn the ball over 3 times
a game. Unbelievable. I could spend all day gushing over the Hawks backcourt, but it would be like telling a hot chick she's hot, she hears that shit all the time so she definitely doesnt want to hear it from some loser

1. Pelicans - When your opponents' backcourt is averaging 75 ppg combined, it's hard to gameplan for that. Curry, Westbrook, and Burke form one of the best shooting trios in the league and have the Pelicans in good position in the East. Curry is one of only 3 players to average 10 assists or more per game, and Westbrook is averaging 29 a game. If only this team had a legitimate SF or C, because having to worry about that and then Serge Ibaka going for 20/10 on a nightly basis as well would be a deal breaker for most defenses

Edited by Mentch, 25 December 2015 - 02:28 PM.

#2 OFFLINE   BeatsHaveADream

BeatsHaveADream

Sim League Aficionado

• Members
  • 10,017 posts
  • NBA Sim League:

Posted 24 December 2015 - 03:42 PM

Gonna guess that this took u about 2 minutes to come up with

Milwaukee Bucks

GMOTY 2018

Tim Hardaway / Mookie Blaylock / Alex Legion / Pablo Aguilar / Maximilian Kleber

Rolando Blackman / Trevor Lacey / Levi Randolph / P.J. Brown / Jayvaughn Pinkston

#3 OFFLINE   Mentch

Mentch

Some Fucking Dude

• Members
  • 2,583 posts
  • NBA Sim League:

Posted 24 December 2015 - 03:43 PM

Gonna guess that this took u about 2 minutes to come up with

I need the money and I work in 15 mins

#4 OFFLINE   Stray32

Stray32

• Members
  • 7,384 posts
  • NBA Sim League:

Posted 24 December 2015 - 03:44 PM

C'mon Mentch, Hawks is #1 by a mile

Lions, Tigers, Pistons, Wings, Mizzou, Michigan State, Man City

Indiana Pacers, BSL 2033-34
Always good, never great; we failed Chris Paul

Tolu Jacobs Yaffa - Kyle Wiltjer - Kevin Parrom - Maurice Cheeks - Jon'il Fugett

#5 OFFLINE   Cloud 9

Cloud 9

You might just get hit with the RICO

• Members
  • 35,120 posts
  • NBA Sim League:

Posted 24 December 2015 - 03:50 PM

"Temple Gibbs good. Andrew Wiggins not bad either."

Might be the undersell of the century

Los Angeles Lakers GM

2016 GMOTY

2027 GMOTY

2029 GMOTY

2029 BSL Champions

2030 BSL Champions

2031 BSL Champions

2032 BSL Champions

Javy-Baez-walk-off.jpg

#6 OFFLINE   Cloud 9

Cloud 9

• Members
  • 35,120 posts
  • NBA Sim League:

Posted 24 December 2015 - 03:51 PM

You can claim $500,000 GM Cash

Edited by Cloud 9, 24 December 2015 - 04:16 PM.

Los Angeles Lakers GM

2016 GMOTY

2027 GMOTY

2029 GMOTY

2029 BSL Champions

2030 BSL Champions

2031 BSL Champions

2032 BSL Champions

Javy-Baez-walk-off.jpg

#7 OFFLINE   BeatsHaveADream

BeatsHaveADream

Sim League Aficionado

• Members
  • 10,017 posts
  • NBA Sim League:

Posted 24 December 2015 - 03:55 PM

I think we need to reconsider the minimum per article

Milwaukee Bucks

GMOTY 2018

Tim Hardaway / Mookie Blaylock / Alex Legion / Pablo Aguilar / Maximilian Kleber

Rolando Blackman / Trevor Lacey / Levi Randolph / P.J. Brown / Jayvaughn Pinkston

#8 OFFLINE   monta8curry

monta8curry

• Members
  • 10,431 posts
  • NBA Sim League:

Posted 24 December 2015 - 03:55 PM

wtf is this.

PORTLANDTRAILBLAZERS
Regular Season Record: 1147-985
Playoff Appearances: 21 Appearances, 4 WCF Appearances, 1 CHAMPIONSHIP
Playoff Record: 90-111

MINNESOTATIMBERWOLVES

Regular Season Record: 454-202

Playoff Appearances: 8 Appearances, 5 WCF Appearances, 2 Finals Appearances, 1 CHAMPIONSHIP

Playoff Record: 68-46

1473458931-U12317.png

shouts buzzy

#9 OFFLINE   BeatsHaveADream

BeatsHaveADream

Sim League Aficionado

• Members
  • 10,017 posts
  • NBA Sim League:

Posted 24 December 2015 - 03:56 PM

Stray writes more than this in the lounge every 10 minutes..

Milwaukee Bucks

GMOTY 2018

#10 OFFLINE   Stray32

Stray32

• Members
  • 7,384 posts
  • NBA Sim League:

Posted 24 December 2015 - 03:58 PM

Dear Mentch,

I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul

Tolu Jacobs Yaffa - Kyle Wiltjer - Kevin Parrom - Maurice Cheeks - Jon'il Fugett

#11 OFFLINE   Cloud 9

Cloud 9

• Members
  • 35,120 posts
  • NBA Sim League:

Posted 24 December 2015 - 04:02 PM

Yeah I can lower it. I made the scale a couple years ago.

Los Angeles Lakers GM

2016 GMOTY

2027 GMOTY

2029 GMOTY

2029 BSL Champions

2030 BSL Champions

2031 BSL Champions

2032 BSL Champions

Javy-Baez-walk-off.jpg

#12 OFFLINE   GETBEARD

GETBEARD

Do Your Job

• Members
  • 20,492 posts
  • NBA Sim League:
  • Retro Sim League:

Posted 24 December 2015 - 04:13 PM

Everyone that bothered reading this should be paid directly from the nuggets bank

#13 OFFLINE   cavsfan817

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?

• Global Moderator
  • 32,288 posts
  • NBA Sim League:

Posted 24 December 2015 - 05:05 PM

Sometimes hot girls still like to hear it

layir.jpg

#14 OFFLINE   Mentch

Mentch

Some Fucking Dude

• Members
  • 2,583 posts
  • NBA Sim League:

Posted 24 December 2015 - 06:01 PM

You can claim $500,000 GM Cash

This was more of a joke article that I hastily wrote in a desperation attempt to get cash. But at least give me $1M for getting the rankings right

#15 OFFLINE   Stray32

Stray32

• Members
  • 7,384 posts
  • NBA Sim League:

Posted 24 December 2015 - 06:04 PM

This was more of a joke article that I hastily wrote in a desperation attempt to get cash. But at least give me $1M for getting the rankings right

you didn't get the rankings right

#16 OFFLINE   Mentch

Mentch

Some Fucking Dude

• Members
  • 2,583 posts
  • NBA Sim League:

Posted 24 December 2015 - 06:05 PM

you didn't get the rankings right

What would you change? Or what order would you have it in? Idk I don't see a problem with the way I ranked them

#17 OFFLINE   rose

rose

Blazers

• Members
  • 9,623 posts
  • NBA Sim League:

Posted 24 December 2015 - 06:05 PM

any amount of $ north of $0 cloud gives you for this article will be neglected by the bank manager

2020 GMOTY | 2032 GMOTY (over Bulls)

#18 OFFLINE   Mentch

Mentch

Some Fucking Dude

• Members
  • 2,583 posts
  • NBA Sim League:

Posted 24 December 2015 - 06:22 PM

Didn't you guys change the article grading after I wrote this? I'm still entitled to the minimum article amount at the time the article was published. Or is my loophole being closed now too? Lol

Edited by Mentch, 24 December 2015 - 06:30 PM.

#19 OFFLINE   rose

rose

Blazers

• Members
  • 9,623 posts
  • NBA Sim League:

Posted 24 December 2015 - 06:33 PM

i was kidding

2020 GMOTY | 2032 GMOTY (over Bulls)

#20 OFFLINE   Stray32

Stray32

• Members
  • 7,384 posts
  • NBA Sim League:

Posted 24 December 2015 - 06:34 PM

you're entitled to nothing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 2 user(s)

AiRuPtHeRe™, Mentch

Social Media

Site Info