Sark Suing USC

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
The ousted USC head coach is out of rehab, (that was quick), and now that he's sober, he's a little pissed USC is failing to honor the $12 million and some change remaining on his contract. Not only does Sark want his contract monies but he wants about another $18 million in mental anguish and damages. Sark says he went to Pat Hayden for help and was instead fired via email. Sark's attorney claims the state of Cali considers alcoholism a disability.

Was USC right on this one? And how long before Sark gets another coaching gig?

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Of course USC was right on this one, what kind of question is that? They guy showed up drunk repeatedly to work. He was given multiple chances

Please name me one profession in which you would not get fired for when showing up drunk on multiple occasions

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
JZSportswhiz said:
Of course USC was right on this one, what kind of question is that? They guy showed up drunk repeatedly to work. He was given multiple chances

Please name me one profession in which you would not get fired for when showing up drunk on multiple occasions
Devil's Advocate: There have been reports Sark's drinking problem wasn't new news. Some even claimed USC failed to do their homework before hiring the guy. I can tell you that in my line of work, we would get somebody help the minute we realized there was a problem with drugs and alcohol. You don't just fire somebody via email, the minute the guy is finally heading for rehab.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Flint said:
Devil's Advocate: There have been reports Sark's drinking problem wasn't new news. Some even claimed USC failed to do their homework before hiring the guy. I can tell you that in my line of work, we would get somebody help the minute we realized there was a problem with drugs and alcohol. You don't just fire somebody via email, the minute the guy is finally heading for rehab.
Yeah it's hard to really say because I don't know what exactly happened, but ultimately you are responsible for your own problems. I read that USC tried to get him help multiple times and he refused. It sets a terrible example to these young athletes when the coach is showing up drunk. Not to mention it is probably incredibly awkward for all involved.

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
JZSportswhiz said:
Yeah it's hard to really say because I don't know what exactly happened, but ultimately you are responsible for your own problems. I read that USC tried to get him help multiple times and he refused. It sets a terrible example to these young athletes when the coach is showing up drunk. Not to mention it is probably incredibly awkward for all involved.
This probably going to get ugly but if USC does have proof they offered help and Sark refused....he's done. You obviously can't help someone who doesn't want to help their self.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Flint said:
This probably going to get ugly but if USC does have proof they offered help and Sark refused....he's done. You obviously can't help someone who doesn't want to help their self.
It's pretty embarrassing that this is even happening

I failed my employer by failing to control myself, but I'm still gonna sue you

Only in America...

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
I saw on Twitter that one of his arguments was going to be that Bleacher Report gave him an "A+" grade for his win over Arizona State lmao. This guy is a joke...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%