All Encompassing Trade Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
brett05 said:
The thing is no one is judging Q just on this year.  And outside of a few rough games he's been the Q he's been going into the season.  Plus Sale was traded in the offseason which made his value less.
I disagree. An offseason trade gets you 162+ games with a player, a midseason trade gets you say 70-90 games with a player.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
No one is giving up a Sale package for Quintana.
I actually agree, don't think Quintana is as great as advertised.  The Yankees can have him seeing as they'll have to give up a ton to get him (more than he's worth).

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
tigers arent shopping verlander.. no shit because their price was too high and no one wanted him

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Father Pugzo said:
tigers arent shopping verlander.. no shit because their price was too high and no one wanted him
Even if he was pitching well the Tigers wouldn't be able to move him at their price. They are delusional. Tigers will be stuck in mud for awhile

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
Even if he was pitching well the Tigers wouldn't be able to move him at their price. They are delusional. Tigers will be stuck in mud for awhile
yes we will

brett05

Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
I disagree. An offseason trade gets you 162+ games with a player, a midseason trade gets you say 70-90 games with a player.
I get it and I would agree with your logic.  However it does not work that way.   Trades net more value as desperation grows.  Chapman and Miller would have brought in less in the offseason.  The needs is much less.

brett05

Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
In what world was Quintana a top 7 pitcher?
Factoring in his durability, youth, contract, and consistency, for years.  Based on WAR alone like top 12

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
In other words, he's #12 in your opinion.

If I'm forking over two top 50 prospects plus more, I'm hoping at the very least the pitcher has a FIP below 4.00. Even with past success.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
now supposedly the tigers may be talked into dealing jv. wtf. doubtful.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
brett05 said:
I get it and I would agree with your logic.  However it does not work that way.   Trades net more value as desperation grows.  Chapman and Miller would have brought in less in the offseason.  The needs is much less.
I agree with you in some sense. Contending teams are willing to take bigger risks in season in attempt to do a trade to fill a hole. Cubs knew they needed Chapman and gave up a huge haul for him. This year, I could see a team like Houston paying a ransom for a SP.

I think a lot of it depends on the position. For a big slugger, teams know going into the season if their lineup lacks power. Those types would net more in the offseason. I say SP is the same way.  But a guy with some pop off the bench wouldn't go for much in January, but in July they may return a nice prospect.

brett05

Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
In other words, he's #12 in your opinion.

If I'm forking over two top 50 prospects plus more, I'm hoping at the very least the pitcher has a FIP below 4.00. Even with past success.
Nope, based on fWAR.  and hey look, Q's 3.52 FIP since 2012 including this season is 10th in baseball.

brett05

Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
I agree with you in some sense. Contending teams are willing to take bigger risks in season in attempt to do a trade to fill a hole. Cubs knew they needed Chapman and gave up a huge haul for him. This year, I could see a team like Houston paying a ransom for a SP.
I think a lot of it depends on the position. For a big slugger, teams know going into the season if their lineup lacks power. Those types would net more in the offseason. I say SP is the same way.  But a guy with some pop off the bench wouldn't go for much in January, but in July they may return a nice prospect.
You get more suitors in the offseason, but everyone overvalues their own product IMO so the value is actually decreased.  I have no doubt in my mind that if Sale was traded today from the White Sox instead of the offseason, you have Devers as well on the team.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
thatd be more to the incompetence of dombrowski than getting proper value

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
also stop talking about quintana as if hes some god

hes been nearly as bad as Porcello has been this year

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
brett05 said:
Nope, based on fWAR.  and hey look, Q's 3.52 FIP since 2012 including this season is 10th in baseball.
Talking about this year. Im not paying for past success.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Fuck me sideways, I don't want Q

Although I hope I'm on here eating my words in 3 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%