2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Being a goon is what makes him a great player. He wasn't bad in the olympics at all. He's 37 he's been declining but he's still posting up decent numbers. Before he barely made any mistakes. And I think it's safe to say he's a proven winner.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Flyers in 7 sadly...

I'd rather see the Hawks win

Mooche

Reaction score
Being a goon is what makes him a great player. He wasn't bad in the olympics at all. He's 37 he's been declining but he's still posting up decent numbers. Before he barely made any mistakes. And I think it's safe to say he's a proven winner.
Did you watch the Olympics? Really. He was such a liability back there it was insane. If you want my honest opinion, Drew Doughty was hands down our best defense-men and he grew up so much each game in that tournament. It was beautiful to see. <Censored>ing Pronger made so many mistakes. I think it was against the Swiss, he tries to dump a puck down the ice (which would be icing) breaks his stick, they shoot and score. Typical Pronger. Being a goon is what he is known for - but that in no way makes him a great player, at all.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Did you watch the Olympics? Really. He was such a liability back there it was insane. If you want my honest opinion, Drew Doughty was hands down our best defense-men and he grew up so much each game in that tournament. It was beautiful to see. <Censored>ing Pronger made so many mistakes. I think it was against the Swiss, he tries to dump a puck down the ice (which would be icing) breaks his stick, they shoot and score. Typical Pronger. Being a goon is what he is known for - but that in no way makes him a great player, at all.
Have you seen pronger in his prime? Doughty and Keith were canadas best defensemen. That obvious. And it wasn't Prongers fault that he broke his stick. Composite sticks are a <Censored>. I also don't know why you're saying Pronger is JUST a goon. Pronger brings everything to the table and being a goon is a part of his game.

Brick.

Reaction score
Have you seen pronger in his prime? Doughty and Keith were canadas best defensemen. That obvious. And it wasn't Prongers fault that he broke his stick. Composite sticks are a <Censored>. I also don't know why you're saying Pronger is JUST a goon. Pronger brings everything to the table and being a goon is a part of his game.
No love for Shea Weber? :(

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He was one of our better defensemen. I just thought doughty and Keith were the best.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Briere makes it 2-1 in the 2nd

I'm watching a Cup game again...dammit

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They were getting the Cup prepared too lol

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Great end to the game

Oh well, I was wrong. Glad I was wrong though. Rather see Ho$$a hoist it than the Flyers...

Congrats Chicago

Mooche

Reaction score
People may have knocked you all series, but you busted your ass off to get there. So glad to see my boy Jonathan Toews get it. Wooo!

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Congrats to the Hawks. Didn't really care about the finals this year though.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jim Hughson blew the call lol. He didn't even know that Kane scored and neither did I. I didn't know why Kane was celebrating like a monkey but all of a sudden the puck was in the net lol. SMH @ Leighton.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think the call was fitting. Had he flipped shit and it wasn't a goal, you'd all be raggin on him lol

Regardless, congrats Hawks. Their play during the season made me a fan and they were my pick throughout the playoffs. and JToews is my boy.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
well i dont know anything about hockey expect Luc Robataille, but I do remember a few years ago when on ESPN the worst franchises in sports were mentioned, Blackhawks came up, alongside the Clippers

so congrats to them.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
well i dont know anything about hockey expect Luc Robataille, but I do remember a few years ago when on ESPN the worst franchises in sports were mentioned, Blackhawks came up, alongside the Clippers

so congrats to them.
Because, nobody, and I mean nobody, gave a <Censored> about the Blackhawks before two years ago. Now it's Blackhawks!! Woo!!! It's so annoying... Like please, STFU, you know nothing about hockey. I'm not saying I do, but I'm not pretending to. I stick by my word, I don't like hockey, I'm not a fan. This <Censored> is so annoying.

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
Congrats to the Blackhawks, mainly my man Marian Hossa who finally gets a ring. I used to know Marian back in the day when he played for the Portland Winterhawks in the WHL (oddly enough they have the same logo as the Blackhawks and he won the WHL championship with Portland).

Mooche

Reaction score
Congrats to the Blackhawks, mainly my man Marian Hossa who finally gets a ring. I used to know Marian back in the day when he played for the Portland Winterhawks in the WHL (oddly enough they have the same logo as the Blackhawks and he won the WHL championship with Portland).
That's pretty cool. So much for the curse... ;) -- I thought he was going to win the game for Chicago in regulation when he undressed the defense-men and how a great chance, just couldn't beat Leighton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%