Rumors/Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If Savard and Chara get/stay healthy, and Thomas gets hot you can be in the east finals - although the Caps are gonna win the stanley cup for the next 10 years in a row.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kovalchuk isn't going to come cheap to any team. His return is going to be good for Atlanta, but obviously not Kovalchuk caliber
I'd do it if he has like 5 years left on his contract. But he's only a rental player and he'll be asking for a lot of money. I wouldn't trade Lucic though. He's a beast.

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
Kovalchuk isn't going to come cheap to any team. His return is going to be good for Atlanta, but obviously not Kovalchuk caliber
I don't care if its Sidney Crosby, Alex Ovechkin or Pavel Datsyuk

no rental player is worth that much

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So open the bank and re-sign him..

Let's get Kovalchuk, Sather... Dubinsky, Boyle and a 1st? Get it done Sather..

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If Savard and Chara get/stay healthy, and Thomas gets hot you can be in the east finals - although the Caps are gonna win the stanley cup for the next 10 years in a row.
with Kovalchuk?

He seems pretty set on testing FAcy and going to the highest bidder..who knows, you might be able to sign him

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd offer them what I want and if they don't like it, trade him elsewhere. I wouldn't pay a huge price for Kovy; especially if we're not allowed to talk extension.

What leverage does Atlanta have other than actually having Kovalchuk? This Bruins aren't expected to compete for the Cup, with or without Kovalchuk, so why trade away their core for a possible rental?
You need to ask that to the Bruins. That was just what Waddell wanted from them in return for Kovalchuk, if they don't want to, someone else will surely take him

LA has players to dangle

Gtown81

Reaction score
any team that is surely to take him for that price is retarded

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd do it if he has like 5 years left on his contract. But he's only a rental player and he'll be asking for a lot of money. I wouldn't trade Lucic though. He's a beast.
Someone will give him top dollar in free agency thats all we know =)

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

lol what I read was that if the Rangers wanted him, it'd take Callahan and Del Zotto

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah. I'd want Marc Staal too.
I think he actually was mentioned.

I also read something about the Flyers trying to get in by dangling Coburn. If Kovalchuk ever went to the Flyers his career would be over. He'd become so much of a goon it would be such a shame.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
At this point, Thrashers will not let any team talk to Kovalchuk about an extension. To do so would put power in hands of player/agent.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol what I read was that if the Rangers wanted him, it'd take Callahan and Del Zotto
I'm telling you that if we get him, Doobs is gonna be part of the deal and def. not Cally. Probably not MDZ either, especially with the way our D has been playing this year >_<

Insider information tells me Kovy is gone today or tomorrow. Can't reveal my source.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know Ray Shero plans to hit up that phone and get some moves in...but I wonder what he'll do...

fletch

Reaction score
Can't wait wherever Kovy goes the asking price is huge, and sadly some GM will take him even if the deal was along the lines of that boston deal.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Can't wait wherever Kovy goes the asking price is huge, and sadly some GM will take him even if the deal was along the lines of that boston deal.
Yeah for a player of his caliber, what would YOU offer

Gtown81

Reaction score
tbh knowing Waddell, he'll be able to pull something off

and I wouldn't be surprised if he manages to steal 6 or 7 players

LeafsFan4Life

Reaction score

Lol That trade offer is brutal. The Rangers would have to give up a lot more than that for Kovalchuk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%