• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4747 replies to this topic

#4741 OFFLINE   BNC

BNC

• Members
  • 2,842 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:03 PM

Btw you also said Hayward is better than Kyrie

I said it's not ridiculous to assume he isn't, and it's not. 

I'm not talking strictly about talent, I'm talking effectiveness as an NBA player

#2 SG of all time #24, on 19 Jun 2016 - 9:53 PM, said:snapback.png

@bnc even tho two weeks ago you gave up, ill forget that one for tonight. After all these years of back and forth, i wanna say congrats, and i can finally say lebron > kobe. Good luck, see you next season

#4742 OFFLINE   Mexi

Mexi

"What a guy. Wow. Amazing. Beautiful."

• Hall of Fame
  • 51,519 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:04 PM

you didnt list it. and i dont think gelo is going pro this soon. he should stay his ass in school.

he should be at a cal northridge with reggie theus and not ucla honestly

That clip i posted was lol. Not nba potential at all.
lel

#4743 ONLINE   Big Poppa

Big Poppa

6x5x2x0x

• Members
  • 27,833 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:10 PM

Except not all rookies turn out the same, and most aren't good players for a while, so you're gonna have a roster with a bunch of young guys making a ton of moneySmart managers are going to sign the good rookies or rookies to deals that reflect their performance

Right there you said it. That would be the main issue about all this. Most of them will be overpaid, busts will be on the bench and teams will have a bunch of money invested into them. Its fucked up. Thats why the rookie contracts are the best way to see what theyre really worth

I think the only problem you really have is guys like KAT AD etc getting little money so therefore the only solution they should make is just raise the salaries for the top 3 picks only, if thats your issue
938_Yz.gif

#4744 OFFLINE   BNC

BNC

• Members
  • 2,842 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:28 PM

Right there you said it. That would be the main issue about all this. Most of them will be overpaid, busts will be on the bench and teams will have a bunch of money invested into them. Its fucked up. Thats why the rookie contracts are the best way to see what theyre really worth

I think the only problem you really have is guys like KAT AD etc getting little money so therefore the only solution they should make is just raise the salaries for the top 3 picks only, if thats your issue

Except the market will regulate itself, in a short period of time teams are going to know what a rookie should cost them, in that case some will be underpaid and some will be overpaid, kinda how the league is now. And this is exactly why smart management is going to be rewarded and bad management is going to crumble. The draft saves the managers from themselves.

I don't want this because the players are being underpaid. I want this because it rewards smart teams and it gives the players some freedom

@bnc even tho two weeks ago you gave up, ill forget that one for tonight. After all these years of back and forth, i wanna say congrats, and i can finally say lebron > kobe. Good luck, see you next season

#4745 ONLINE   Big Poppa

Big Poppa

6x5x2x0x

• Members
  • 27,833 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:38 PM

Except the market will regulate itself, in a short period of time teams are going to know what a rookie should cost them, in that case some will be underpaid and some will be overpaid, kinda how the league is now And this is exactly why smart management is going to be rewarded and bad management is going to crumble. The draft saves the managers from themselves.

I don't want this because the players are being underpaid. I want this because it rewards smart teams and it gives the players some freedom

How will they know that when they sign them right after the draft?? They wont be able to know if a rookie busts or not, if the rookie will be worth the money he gets or not. Thats the main issue you arent grasping. Basically throwing out blind money at them and hoping it works out.
938_Yz.gif

#4746 OFFLINE   BNC

BNC

• Members
  • 2,842 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:59 PM

How will they know that when they sign them right after the draft?? They wont be able to know if a rookie busts or not, if the rookie will be worth the money he gets or not. Thats the main issue you arent grasping. Basically throwing out blind money at them and hoping it works out.

Again I think you are showing that you don't understand the concept that SVG proposed. Or the concept of a free market and market correction. By that I mean look at the free agent deals last year and compare them to this year, that's a market correction

Edited by BNC, 02 October 2017 - 09:00 PM.

#4747 ONLINE   bosoxlover12

bosoxlover12

• Global Moderator
  • 31,411 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:01 PM

So your idea to reduce parity is to have bad management crumble. So rather than have the Pelicans draft Anthony Davis as the only redeemable piece to the franchise since Chris Paul, lets have them be in such a desperate scenario that they throw a ton of money at the #2 best prospect in the draft, MKG!! We got Charlotte, Washington, etc all desperately wanting a young centerpiece so to get the second best prospect, his AAV is like $12M/year. $60M over five years, fully guaranteed for Michael Kidd Gilchrist, great plan! Real shame Golden State just outbid New Orleans for Anthony Davis, since it looks like Davis was attracted to that young Curry kid.

1. Cavs
2. Chicago
3. Knicks
4. Toronto
5. Pacers
6. Boston
7. Bucks
8. Magic

^^lmfao

#4748 ONLINE   CameronCrazy06

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six

• Hall of Fame
  • 46,730 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:17 PM

Someone lock this

1502213674-U10.gif

CC's career is done here. the kid takes NO input at all and everything he does is "top secret". shit, he doesnt even post here since his whole fbb shit. fuck him

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 40 user(s)

buzzy, BNC, snipezo, Teagz, elcheato, Hurricane Season, Mexi, Delirium, Donkey, JZsportswhiz, AiRuPtHeRe™, bosoxlover12, Rios, CameronCrazy06, BlackMamba, lilbravesfan22, Big Poppa, Savage, RipCity32, nolafan33, Mr.Baller, dez, Big Bid'Ness, kdogg, Marty The Kid, boxingpro, GMF1991, Cloud 9, SC3, BwareDWare94, Father Pugzo, stan, cavsfan817, .ptt81, BrewCrewFan, Frontpage Stardom, brett05, MapleLeaf, $tunna, 47th oG

Social Media

Site Info