2017 NBA Off-Season

Paulius

Reaction score
Lil Kev is going to have a great year for the Cavs

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
BNC said:
You do know that the teams actually pay these guys money, and that the players can negotiates for more money, right?
I am aware that NBA are not volunteers, yes.

I am also aware that certain cities provide opportunities for additional money and things to do.

When was the last time Charlotte, Milwaukee, or Memphis were in the mix for a major FA? Greg Monroe? Wow what a treat

BNC

Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
I am aware that NBA are not volunteers, yes.

I am also aware that certain cities provide opportunities for additional money and things to do.

When was the last time Charlotte, Milwaukee, or Memphis were in the mix for a major FA? Greg Monroe? Wow what a treat
Yea when the difference is maybe 1-2 Millions dollars, the top tier rookies are going to command more than an amount that the big markets will perpetually have available, they're not going to give up like $4M a year to go to LA instead of Milwaukee

Paulius

Reaction score
BNC said:
Yea when the difference is maybe 1-2 Millions dollars, the top tier rookies are going to command more than an amount that the big markets will perpetually have available, they're not going to give up like $4M a year to go to LA instead of Milwaukee
If its a difference between 16M and 12M i think they would, considering they would already be getting triple the amount that rookies get nowadays. Let me ball with Lonzo and get all the passes i can get for 12M instead of watching Howard complain about not getting enough touches for 16M in Charlotte

BNC

Reaction score
Big Poppa said:
If its a difference between 16M and 12M i think they would, considering they would already be getting triple the amount that rookies get nowadays. Let me ball with Lonzo and get all the passes i can get for 12M instead of watching Howard complain about not getting enough touches for 16M in Charlotte
So Charlotte is the only team that can offer $16M?

And these are guys who haven't made a dime yet, most, if not all, are going to take the money where they can get it. Besides it's not 4$ they're giving up in this completely hypothetical scenario, it would be $16M total

Paulius

Reaction score
BNC said:

And these are guys who haven't made a dime yet, most, if not all, are going to take the money where they can get it. Besides it's not 4$ they're giving up in this completely hypothetical scenario, it would be $16M total
Yea ive been done with this convo, just wanted to remind you one last time that Howard sucks

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
BNC said:

Tell me one premiere FA not named Lebron that signed with a team that was either not a big market or not a winning franchise

BNC

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Tell me one premiere FA not named Lebron that signed with a team that was either not a big market or not a winning franchise
You mean the free agents that are getting the same amount of money wherever they go? With the exception of resigning.

How have you completely missed the point that different teams will value rookies differently

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Btw clippers fired their color announcer mike smith, whos been there for years

And now their new guy is....bruce bowen

Not sure if he'll be on espn anymore. Clips are playing the raps

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Btw clippers fired their color announcer mike smith, whos been there for years

And now their new guy is....bruce bowen

Not sure if he'll be on espn anymore. Clips are playing the raps
Was he the bingo guy?

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think bingo guy is play by play

Donkey

Members
Reaction score
Made a Kyrie Irving mix check it out yall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d9Ny0KHmWA&feature=youtu.be

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
BNC said:
You mean the free agents that are getting the same amount of money wherever they go? With the exception of resigning.

How have you completely missed the point that different teams will value rookies differently
I swear youre arguing for the sake of arguing, because you dont even make sense. How do FAs make the same money across the league, but rookies wouldnt? That literally does not make any sense at all. You say different teams will value rookies differently, but thats no different from Free Agency at all: its a bidding system. Itd be exactly the same thing

BNC

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
I swear youre arguing for the sake of arguing, because you dont even make sense. How do FAs make the same money across the league, but rookies wouldnt? That literally does not make any sense at all. You say different teams will value rookies differently, but thats no different from Free Agency at all: its a bidding system. Itd be exactly the same thing
You’re talking about premier free agents so don’t try and flip this to apply to all free agents. I’m assuming the premier free agents are all max players, no matter what team they go to they will get a max contract. That wouldn’t be the case with rookies, only the best of the best rookies (AD, KAT etc.) would come close to commanding a rookie max contract, every other rookie would likely be negotiating the terms of their rookie deal, so if a team in day Milwaukee wants a player really bad because of what they’ve seen they will offer more money than other teams. 

Yea it’s exactly like free agency, that’s the whole point of this. This is something that benefits smart teams, if you’re team wants to do something stupid like pay a lot of rookies a lot of money you are deservedly going to suck, if you’re smart about how you construct your roster and manage your cap then you’ll field a competitive team. 

Got it?

Paulius

Reaction score
Shut up BNC, u and SVG the only ones for this nonsense

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
seriously. this idea is fucking stupid.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
and you make no sense.

Paulius

Reaction score
Donkey said:
Donks make a Russ one, with KD leaving, the sting who comment, clutch moments from last season, last game vs denver with the clutch 3 to break all time triple double record, mvp speech, signing extension on KDs bday, loyalty, with a sick song and ill share it everywhere for you to help you get 10K like u want

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%