NBA Preseason Thread

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
First Game is Pistons @ Miami Tonight

Time to see if Elton can fit in, in Philly,

Can the Mavs win without Avery Johnson?

How will the Knicks do with a new coach?

What will Baron do in LA?

Can Monta run the show in GS?

We'll all find out..

Wish me luck at the Heat game tonight guys.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The preseason is starting tonight? Wow.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wish the damn Pistons game was on TV. I hope we destroy the Heat.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lakers/jazz on tuesday <3
first look at Bynum!!!

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Of course we can win without Avery. He was the reason we weren't winning most times last year

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Time to see if Elton can fit in, in Philly,

Aw he's gonna fit in and dominate

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
We Lost 95-91 In OT but my god Stuckey was owning guys

Stuckey - 23 pts, 5 ast
4 reb

Beasley had 16 Points

Amir had 2 points

It was a good game...but we lost in OT. Man I had fun I need more tickets for the REG Season.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
NEW ORLEANS -- Hornets center Tyson Chandler sprained his right ankle in the first quarter of New Orleans' preseason opener against the Golden State Warriors on Sunday night.

A Hornets spokesman said Chandler was not expected to return.

The injury occurred under the Hornets' basket after Chandler stepped into the lane to help defend a drive by C.J. Watson. Chandler appeared to turn his ankle as he landed and immediately dropped to the floor, lying on his back until trainers helped him to the locker room.

The 7-foot-1 Chandler played a key role in helping the Hornets win a franchise record 56 games and the Southwest Division title last season, averaging 11.8 point and 11.7 rebounds during the regular season.

SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. -- New York Knicks forward Jared Jeffries fractured his left fibula at practice Thursday and is expected to miss six to eight weeks.

Jared Jeffries

Jeffries

Jeffries, a 6-foot-11, seventh-year pro, pulled up in the backcourt during a scrimmage and was immediately waved off the court by coach Mike D'Antoni. Jeffries' lower leg was wrapped in an ice pack as he sat out the rest of practice until some light shooting at the end.

Jeffries said he jumped and when he landed felt his muscle tighten up, describing it as "more than a cramp."

Jeffries contributed little during his first two seasons in New York, but was expected to have a larger role under D'Antoni because of his ability to play small forward as well as power forward.

Meanwhile, center Eddy Curry didn't practice again while recovering from a bacterial infection. He hasn't practiced since the team arrived at camp and D'Antoni didn't know when he'd be available.

"I think he's just sick. There'd be no other reason because it's not like you want to hang out at the hotel all day," D'Antoni said, adding that it's unlikely Curry will practice before the team leaves town Saturday.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
To big Injuries OMG I feel bad for both teams

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Phoenix Suns forward Amare Stoudemire missed practice Thursday with a partially torn iris after being poked in the eye during practice Wednesday.

Amare Stoudemire

Stoudemire
Stoudemire, who returned to McKale Center on Friday night, said he wouldn't be able to exercise for another five to 10 days because of the injury.

"I can't catch a break," Stoudemire told the Arizona Republic. "I can't get my heart rate up because my blood pressure rises and it goes to my eye. I don't want that or the eye will bleed."

Suns center Boris Diaw inadvertently poked Stoudemire in the right eye during practice, and Stoudemire awoke Thursday with swelling and blurred vision.

An examination showed there was no damage to the retina or the cornea, according to the East Valley Tribune.

"He actually had some damage to his iris, which is not serious, fortunately," team GM Steve Kerr said, according to the Republic.

Stoudemire told paper he will likely wear goggles for the rest of his career.

"I don't want that to happen again," Stoudemire said.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We Lost 95-91 In OT but my god Stuckey was owning guys

Stuckey - 23 pts, 5 ast
4 reb

Beasley had 16 Points

Amir had 2 points

It was a good game...but we lost in OT. Man I had fun I need more tickets for the REG Season.

"lol"

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't get why it's funny, all the other starters got under 8 besides Rip...

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
That sentence made no sense.

But I checked the box scores...
Oh Yea...But Anyway it's only Preseason come regular seaosn time we will own you guys :rolleyes:

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rick Carlisle is still adjusting to the Mavs’ shade of blue. But he had no problem summarizing Wednesday’s day at camp by working blue.

“I’m looking for a few assholes here,’’ said the coach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%