2016 Trade Rumors

Boogie

Hard Cap Issues
Reaction score
LeafKiller said:
I'm not acting like that at all. Quit putting words in my mouth.

Perez is just better defensively. He has been the last 4 seasons. He's probably the best defensive catcher in baseball.
I can see why you would think that. He's definitely top 3.

Boogie

Hard Cap Issues
Reaction score
Posey is probably the best all around catcher in baseball.

Boogie

Hard Cap Issues
Reaction score
BrewCrewFan said:
Lucroy was a MVP candidate two years ago. He's def the #1 C in baseball
I was talking about the polls we have going on here. Lucroy is 4th behind Yadier even
BrewCrewFan said:
Lucroy was a MVP candidate two years ago. He's def the #1 C in baseball
I was talking about the polls we have going on here. Lucroy is 4th behind Yadier even
Lucroy is definitely not the #1 C in baseball.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
-- Serious Bosox here now -- 
Note: all my statements will be based off of the decent amount of baseball I've watched this year (I'm coming back to the game, slowly) and stats from FanGraphs

Perez is by far the best defensive catcher in the game, and Lucroy is by far the best offensive catcher in the game. And per statistical variance, Lucroy is the far valued player, as his offensive rating is higher than Perez's defense, and Lucroy's defense is higher than Perez's hitting. From what is seems, Lucroy is the top catcher in baseball.

Two comments on that:
1. Why would you get mad at a fan voting that put him 4th, moneyman? It's a stupid fan vote that literally means nothing
2. Just because he's the best catcher doesn't mean he presents the best value?

He's for certain going to be a 1st baseman in 2 years. There he loses a ton of his value, since his numbers would definitely not make him one of the best hitting first basemen -- catchers just usually suck at hitting, comparatively.  To me, that's not worth losing a prospect that the Red Sox have that highly valued. The last guy Boston valued that high was Mookie Betts, and I'd rather have Betts over Lucroy. 

Package around Devers for Lucroy? Sure. But I'm not giving up Moncada for him

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
-- Serious Bosox here now -- 
Note: all my statements will be based off of the decent amount of baseball I've watched this year (I'm coming back to the game, slowly) and stats from FanGraphs

Perez is by far the best defensive catcher in the game, and Lucroy is by far the best offensive catcher in the game. And per statistical variance, Lucroy is the far valued player, as his offensive rating is higher than Perez's defense, and Lucroy's defense is higher than Perez's hitting. From what is seems, Lucroy is the top catcher in baseball.

Two comments on that:
1. Why would you get mad at a fan voting that put him 4th, moneyman? It's a stupid fan vote that literally means nothing
2. Just because he's the best catcher doesn't mean he presents the best value?

He's for certain going to be a 1st baseman in 2 years. There he loses a ton of his value, since his numbers would definitely not make him one of the best hitting first basemen -- catchers just usually suck at hitting, comparatively.  To me, that's not worth losing a prospect that the Red Sox have that highly valued. The last guy Boston valued that high was Mookie Betts, and I'd rather have Betts over Lucroy. 

Package around Devers for Lucroy? Sure. But I'm not giving up Moncada for him
I don't really understand the point that he will be moved to 1st in a year or two . That's not true at all

catman

Reaction score
Giving up Devers might be a bit much.  What does Milwaukee need?  Just like every other team, they need starting pitching.  How about Brian Johnson for Lucroy?

Boogie

Hard Cap Issues
Reaction score
Giants are already a threat to win it all but to make it clear they need bullpen and outfield help.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Giants need to fuck off with this even year shit. It's getting weird.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I just remember this stat from the offseason

every year boston plays san francisco, one of them wins the world series. fact.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
since the boston red sox franchise first played the san fran giants franchise

;)

Boogie

Hard Cap Issues
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:

;)
Interesting.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:

Thought they would have played since the beginning of interleague and the 2004 world series.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Indians could use a catcher :kobe: 

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
catman said:
Giving up Devers might be a bit much.  What does Milwaukee need?  Just like every other team, they need starting pitching.  How about Brian Johnson for Lucroy?
Oh no, no. Johnson is 25 and a low B rating prospect. We'll need to give up an A tier + 2 B's.

It'll be more like Devers/Benintendi + Owens + Chavis for Lucroy

catman

Reaction score
catman said:

Big Papi said:
Oh no, no. Johnson is 25 and a low B rating prospect. We'll need to give up an A tier + 2 B's.

It'll be more like Devers/Benintendi + Owens + Chavis for Lucroy

Lucroy is only signed through 2016, with a club option for 17.  He would likely demand that the option be voided for a trade to be accepted.  He has no-trade protection against deals to 8 teams (not sure which 8).  His contract is very club-friendly as it currently exists.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%