What active players do you think have a good chance for Cooperstown?

brett05

Reaction score
He'll get consideration as do all folks that play as long as he has.  His OPS+ is 98, tow points below dead average.
his war right now is 33.3 above a replacement level player score of 26 for his tenure.  He needs another 8 in WAR to tie Phil Rizzuto for worst WAR of all HOF players.  And he needs what, another 26 to get to Piazza. 

I am good with bias, but with really sub numbers offensively even for a catcher, he's just not hall of fame material.  I'm not even sure I would have him in the McGriff, Kaat, Konerko Hall of Almost either.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Once again, the HOF does not care about WAR, nor OPS+

brett05

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Once again, the HOF does not care about WAR, nor OPS+
Every year they care more and more.  You're wrong on this point as the older voters that don't like saber drop off the role.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
brett05 said:
Trout
Beltre
Kershaw
MadBum
Goldy
Theo
(Too early for other Cubs)
Max Scherzer
David Wright
(Too early for many Red Sox)
(Too Early for Machado)
Miggy
Cano

Guys that I need to see more of include Price, Sale, King Felix, Lester
David Wright is not a Hall of fame player. I agree with pretty much the rest of thst list.

brett05

Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
David Wright is not a Hall of fame player. I agree with pretty much the rest of thst list.
I rescind the David Wright love.  He needs two maybe three more 4+ WAR seasons to be in the talk.  He has none of the counting stats.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
With his spinal stenosis, he will never be what he once was and even before that he was inconsistent.

Pujols
Beltre
Trout
Felix
Yadier
Pedroia
Mauer
Cabrera
Kershaw

Those are the ones that come to mind for me. Im torn on Cano....

catman

Reaction score
Mauer's ship has sailed, unless he gets hit bat back.  As a catcher, he was great.  As a 1B, not so much.  He has to do better than 12 homers with .265 and 70 RBI.
Also, Trout has to continue with similar stats for another 5+ years to be a lock.  He is a wonderful talent and should be HOF worthy, but not just yet.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If Trout died tomorrow, I think he'd make the Hall of Fame based on the run he's on. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If someone thinks Dustin Pedroia has a chance, then they should probably think that Ian Kinsler has a chance. Never played for Boston tho, that's a factor

Guys I don't think have been mentioned who might have a shot if they have at least 2-3 more great years, and then follow it up with average play for 2 years after that:

Joey Votto
Justin Verlander
Evan Longoria 

Other guys I think could make it:

Chase Utley
Carlos Beltran

Buster Posey is probably a lock if he stays healthy 

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
The two titles, MVP and multiple gold gloves will help Pedroia in the eyes of the voters too.

brett05

Reaction score
There is one that I believe we all forgot.  And to be honest is probably the  best lock out there....

ready for the DUH MOMENT?

Ichiro Suzuki

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%