Jahvid Best done for season?

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
RB Jahvid Best, who sustained a terrifying fall while scoring a touchdown in Saturday's loss to Oregon State, was diagnosed with a severe concussion at the hospital. He had movement in his extremities and all other tests came back negative.

Best has now suffered concussions on consecutive weeks, and it's hard to see him being able to return to the field this season. With all the recent attention given to football head injuries by Congress, it would seem foolish on Cal's part to clear Best to play and even more so for coach Jeff Tedford to play him. Expect to see sophomore Shane Vereen as the primary ball carrier for the rest of the year. Vereen, who is the same size and has a similar game to Best, has 75 carries for 402 yards and six TDs on the year, plus 17 catches for 179 yards and two scores, so he's not exactly chopped liver.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lucky... I thought he could easily be out for his career.

Benny21

Reaction score
I'm so glad he was okay.
I was offered to go to the game but couldn't make it because I was out of town. It was so scary seeing it for the first time, and seeing his arm motionless.

I hope he recovers well.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw this on espn. That really does suck and hope he completely recovers.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
At least he'll be coming back for his Senior season now I guess. That's if he fully recovers tho.

BlueNation

Reaction score
You never want to see a player, get hurt and it's a shame he's out for the season, but I have to say I kind of laughed when I saw the fall.
I think next season he will come back and be a much better RB and will make a run for The Heisman

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why would you laugh? That makes no sense...

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
That's not a good reason to laugh at someone getting hurt.

Sad to see this happen, it's never good to see an injury in the first place, but that was quite a fall.

Cal, did he have his helmet strapped?

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not sure, couldn't tell.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
The way it flew off I don't know if he had it strapped fully; nevertheless, the injuries to him and Bradford have killed the pre-season Heisman race.

BlueNation

Reaction score
That's not a good reason to laugh at someone getting hurt.

Sad to see this happen, it's never good to see an injury in the first place, but that was quite a fall.

Cal, did he have his helmet strapped?
I didn't laugh at him getting hurt. I laughed at how big the hit was. It was like an "OH DAMN HE GET WRECKED!" laugh.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Except there wasn't really a hit, he just landed bad after leaping up for the touchdown.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%