The Machado Thread

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
I think it's the right call to trade him now, it's a shame but the Orioles aren't going to keep him beyond next year. Machado should bring in a hell of a haul even for just a year.

Orioles should probably have a fire sale of their own. Schoop, Jones, Machado, Britton, Brach should all be available for the right price.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score

THURSDAY, 12:20am:  Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic (insider subscription required and recommended) reports that the White Sox have been the “most aggressive” suitor for Machado. Their goal seems to be to acquire him and attempt to extend him for the long term. Bob Nightengale adds in a tweet that the offer from Chicago was “the best offer of the dozen offers the Orioles have received.”
Rosenthal also notes that the Giants offered the Orioles a package that included Christian Arroyo. The Cardinals also asked about Machado, but the price was apparently too steep for them.

Per MLBTR

I really do not see Machado wanting to be around for the first few years of a rebuild if he has the chance to go to the open market.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/941196973067120646

But at this point it seems almost certain that Machado is traded this offseason.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I just heard that the White Sox could flip machado to the Yankees after trading for him haha

brett05

Reaction score
Told you a dark horse team and it turns out the White Sox have made the best offer to date whatever that is.

Why the White Sox?  Well, they have the specs.  They have the money available. They have a committed plan with balance in specs across the board.  They have a couple of key pieces already with the big club.  I can see it.  They are a year away, at most two, from turning the corner.  Machado could be a solid allstar for that turn around.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
So Machado is just going to assume that the White Sox will turn a corner? There's no absolutes with prospects. 

Or he could sign somewhere, like New York, that will have the available money and will be a contender.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lmfao the giants made an offer
How cute

catman

Reaction score
Speculation is that the White Sox would flip Machado to the Yankees immediately.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
catman said:
Speculation is that the White Sox would flip Machado to the Yankees immediately.
Hard to believe that for just a one year rental.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If Kopech, Moncada, Eloy, and Robert pan out, the White Sox will be lethal within a few seasons. I can see Machado agreeing to be the veteran leader of this young club but I don’t see the White Sox ponying up the biggest offer come offseason.

Now flipping him to the Yankees is interesting. ChiSox have to have all of Chance Adams, Justus Sheffield, and Clint Frazier on the brain.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
AE. said:
If Kopech, Moncada, Eloy, and Robert pan out, the White Sox will be lethal within a few seasons. I can see Machado agreeing to be the veteran leader of this young club but I don’t see the White Sox ponying up the biggest offer come offseason.

Now flipping him to the Yankees is interesting. ChiSox have to have all of Chance Adams, Justus Sheffield, and Clint Frazier on the brain.
Machado isn't taking a flyer. Even the statement you made is a huge if. He wants to go somewhere and win now. I think he'll be a Yankee in 2019 regardless.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
My guess: Machado won't be traded until the deadline. I don't think anyone is willing to pony up prospects for a one year rental, but I think they'll do it In the midst of a playoff run.

brett05

Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
So Machado is just going to assume that the White Sox will turn a corner? There's no absolutes with prospects. 

Or he could sign somewhere, like New York, that will have the available money and will be a contender.
They may not for sure, bu they have what the Orioles have not done at all and that is put together a plan.  Yankees money also is not unlimited no matter what folks think.  They've stated as much since George passed away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%