Bengals1Fan's NFL Mock Draft

Bengals1Fan

Reaction score
Hey guys, So I know we were working on an ADFS NFL Draft before the two huge trades went down, however I wanna continue to look at the draft, so I made my own Mock Draft. Note that we are 3 days away from the draft and yes I have tests I should be studying for.

Without further ado, here we go.

1. Los Angeles Rams - Jared Goff, QB California
Okay so first off, Goff is used to the Weather in California. While that sounds like a stupid thing to say, note that Wentz and Goff really are pretty similar on paper. A lot of the knock on Wentz is that he's from a smaller school, which in the NFL is something that equates well, or doesn't. Usually guys from divisions like the Pac-12 can come in and play decently if they have the tangibles. When it comes to football, Goff throws the underneath and screen ball with speed, which is something the Rams can use with Tavon Austin. I also saw Goff sell fake handoffs well, and with Gurley in the backfield, the defenses will bite on that BIG TIME.

2. Philadelphia Eagles - Carson Wentz, QB NDSU
The Eagles may have the easiest pick in the draft on Thursday night. They sit there, and take whoever the Rams don't. But look Wentz is not a bad pick. He can throw the ball well which is something that the Eagles can utilize, and he can also take some hits as a bigger QB which is something Eagles fans worry about in terms of Sam Bradford. The man's made of glass. Eagles are in a different spot then the Rams. The Eagles need a guy to build a team around, Wentz can be that guy, Goff for the Rams will step in and contribute immediately.

3. San Diego Chargers - Joey Bosa, DE Ohio State
I'm gonna stick with the same pick for the Chargers to this point. They just drafted Verrett in 2014. While they still need secondary help, the best way to improve a secondary now-a-days is to make sure your defensive front is strong as well. Boss is a big guy and in theory has a JJ Watt like ceiling. Will he hit it? I'm not sure, but the Chargers don't want to miss out on a guy like Bosa.

4. Dallas Cowboys - Jalen Ramsey, DB FSU
Jerry Jones goes with the big play pick here in Ramsey. The kid talks a big game, but i'm not sure if he's got enough to back it up in the NFL just yet. However he'll get the chance to in a division chock full of talent with OBJ, Desean Jackson, and more. Ramsey can also play safety though, which I think might be where Dallas consider using him. Although Ezekiel Elliot here may interest Jerry, so if I had to pick a different player here, Elliot is the guy.

5. Jacksonville Jaguars - Myles Jack, LB UCLA
I'm going out on a limb here, but the Jaguars improved a lot in Free Agency this year. Myles Jack is a boom or bust LB with a lot of potential to improve this Jaguars defense that needs to help match their offensive unit that behind Bortles has improved greatly. Jack will work nicely with Fowler Jr. who never saw the field last year. Jack also will learn a lot from Paul Posluzny in Jacksonville and could lead the Jaguars defense for years to come.

TRADE
6. Tennessee Titans - Laremy Tunsil, OT Ole Miss
You gotta be kidding right? No. Titans make a trade with the Ravens swapping firsts and sending a second this year as well as a mid round pick in 2017 to Baltimore to grab the guy they probably would have taken at number one. If this actually goes down, the GM of the Titans should be given the GM of the year trophy on the spot for wheeling and dealing these moves. Tunsil is the top tackle in the draft, but because of QB madness could easily fall to 6 where the Ravens (who have a solid team) could afford to move back. Tunsil helps Mariota not get clobbered, and helps the Titans running game (which SORELY needs it)

7. San Fransisco 49ers - DeForest Buckner, DE Oregon
Chip Kelly, Oregon, ha jokes. But this is actually a good pick. Buckner fits into the Niners scheme, and can really give the niners a defensive presence with which they have wanted for a long time. The Niners line is getting Anthony Davis back from retirement (kinda) on the offensive line, the Niners can address the defensive side, where Buckner fits well.

TRADE
8. Miami Dolphins - Ezekiel Elliot, RB Ohio State
The word is the Dolphins really like what they see in Elliot, and after losing Lamar Miller to Houston, the Dolphins need some help in the running game. Elliot gives the Dolphins a strong back that the Dolphins can use to effectively open up the pass game a bit. Elliot I think can look like Miller at times, so it makes a lot of sense for the Dolphins to move up to get him if he's still on the board here. They will send the Browns Picks 13, 42, and a late rounder in 2017.

9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Vernon Heargraves III, DB Florida
The Buccaneers secondary gave up a whopping 70 percent completion rate last year. They need cornerback help. Heargraves could be their answer. He is a DB I think a lot of people are sleeping on, but could be one of the better DB's in the draft behind Ramsey. I think the Bucs covet him and take him at 9.

10. New York Giants - Shaq Lawson, DE Clemson
This would be a huge pick for the Giants. They can take Lawson and make him a star on their defensive line. He will compliment and learn from Pierre Paul in ways that you wouldn't believe, as well as add a spark to a giants defense that could use some help.

11. Chicago Bears - Sheldon Rankins, DT Louisville
The Bears have a young secondary, and a defense that needs help. Helping them to start should be Rankins, who can come in and help stop the run in a division with Eddie Lacy, Peterson, and even Joique Bell. Chicago needs a big man to help the defense out, Rankins is just that.

12. New Orleans Saints - Eli Apple, DB Ohio State
I've seen Paxton Lynch go here in some mocks with Brees being so old, but the Saints I think hold off. They just drafted a decent QB last year and may feel like sticking with him is a better idea. Their defense on the other hand needs major help that Apple can provide. Personally watching the Saints a few times, cornerback was ALWAYS something I noted that they could use help with. Apple can come in and help there immediately.

13. Cleveland Browns (via Miami) - Paxton Lynch, QB Memphis
Hue Jackson had one helluva draft, but it's time to pull the trigger and call it a day. Lynch can come in and either compete for the job, or learn behind whoever the Browns decide to start. The Browns need players so collecting picks here and passing on Goff or Wentz was a good move, but if Lynch gets past New Orleans here the Browns should take him and count their blessings.

14. Oakland Raiders - Ronnie Stanley, OT Notre Dame
I think the Raiders need secondary help here, but instead go with Stanley, the prospect gaining some momentum heading into the draft. He'll help protect Carr more on the offensive line and provide some stability here for the Raiders. Look for them to go corner later in the draft.

15. Baltimore Ravens (via Tennessee) - Laquon Treadwell, WR Ole Miss
The Ravens receiving corps are not getting any younger. They don't need immediate help in that department, but in a year or two it could be a big problem Treadwell here can fit well and help Baltimore improve their offense.

16. Detroit Lions - Darron Lee, LB Ohio State
Lee is a huge hard worker from what i've heard. Something that loads of NFL teams covet. The Lions paid big for Marvin Jones this off-season, so they must feel comfortable with him and Tate at WR, so it's gotta be the defensive side of the ball. Lee works hard and is a guy who can get all over the field. He can also be a leader in terms of a team dynamic, which is something the Lions can use after losing Megatron, Suh, and Fairley.

17. Atlanta Falcons - Reggie Ragland, LB Alabama
Just missing out on Lee, the Falcons too need some defensive help, specifically in the linebacker department. Ragland fits that need and Alabama products usually do well in the NFL. Defensive minded coach Dan Quinn and the Falcons take him here to improve their defensive squad.

18. Indianapolis Colts - Jack Conklin, OT Michigan State
If the Colts GM wants to continue to stay in Indy, he needs to go Offensive Line here. Conklin is a name i've heard all over the place as a close third behind Stanley who is flying up the board. He can provide some protection for Andrew Luck who desperately needs it having to play Watt twice a year.

19. Buffalo Bills - A'Shawn Robinson, DT Alabama
I've seen a lot of people here peg the Bills to be considering a QB with 19, to which I say why in the fuck would the Bills do that? Taylor played very well for them last year, even at times making the Bills look like playoff contenders. If they can get McCoy healthy Taylor is a very serviceable QB who Rex Ryan likes. Robinson can help the Bills right away here and make the defensive unit better in Buffalo.

20. New York Jets - Taylor Decker, OT Ohio State
The Jets have a fascination with Ohio State Players taking 5 in the first round since 2005. One of which was OSU Center Nick Mangold, who still plays for the Jets. Adding Decker here fits like a puzzle piece, because he can learn from Mangold about what it takes to play in the NFL, while helping a line in New York that can protect Ryan Fitzpatrick.

21. Washington Redskins - Robert Nkemdiche, DT Ole Miss
The Redskins made waves this week by surprisingly signing Josh Norman. They can add to the defense here by adding a quicker DT who can help them protect the defensive front. This can also help Norman in the passing game by adding some pressure to the QB.

22. Houston Texans - Corey Coleman, WR Baylor
No need to look all over the map to find someone to help the Texans. Just look right on down to Baylor, where Corey Coleman plays. He is a speedy guy, which can compliment Hopkins really well, and is someone that the Texans can use right away heading forward. Osweiler will need more targets then Hopkins if he wants to succeed and Coleman compares well to Emmanuel Sanders.

23. Minnesota Vikings - Joshua Docston, WR TCU
Docston for a lot of people is considered the top receiver in the draft, and could very easily help Bridgewater in the passing game. This can take some pressure off Peterson as well, and offer the Vikings multiple options on offense to compliment a stout defense that Mike Zimmer has built.

24. Cincinnati Bengals - William Jackson III, CB Houston
I've heard plenty of people go WR here, and for good reason. However, I think the Bengals look at the board with Coleman and Docston off and say that they can wait. Being a Bengals fan I've read a lot about who we're looking at, and I think waiting and possibly moving up in the second round is a lot better of an idea. Our Secondary is a largely older group in terms of who we have. Adam Jones, Leon Hall, and even Dre Kirkpatrick are getting up there in age. Adding Jackson can help the team for years to come, which is something the Bengals usually do in the draft.

25. Pittsburgh Steelers - Keanu Neal, S Florida
The Steelers I have heard really like Neal. With Jackson coming off the board before them, Pittsburgh may feel the need to go DB here and help their secondary as well, which has to now deal with Treadwell in Baltimore, AJ Green in Cincy, and possibly (prolly not) Josh Gordon twice a year each. Neal can step into Pittsburgh and help.

26. Seattle Seahawks - Jarran Reed, DT Alabama
The Seahawks need Line help one way or another, defensively though, the Seahawks struggled to keep the ball away from the Legion of Boom, and those guys are great, but can't hold catches off forever. Adding Reed can help Seattle attack on the defensive front again which can greatly help the secondary.

27. Green Bay Packers - Kevin Dodd, DE Clemson
With Lynch off the board, the Packers can hold onto their pick here and take Dodd who has fallen a bit. He helps the Packers by adding size to their defense as well as helping their secondary in the pass rush. This can also take some pressure off Peppers and Matthews to contribute, which could improve their contributions.

28. Kansas City Chiefs - Jason Spriggs, OT Indiana
Spriggs can help bolster and offensive line that needs some help in KC. Andy Reid needs to protect Jamaal Charles better if he wants the Chiefs to continue to have success moving forward. Spriggs can help contribute to that, as well as protect Alex Smith who is getting up there in age.

29. Arizona Cardinals - Ryan Kelly, C Alabama
Like a puzzle piece coming together, the Cardinals need Center help, and Ryan Kelly arrives. This can help protect Carson Palmer, and allow him to deliver the ball more effectively, as well as help in the run game, which is now a bit stronger with David Johnson contributing more for the Cardinals.

30. Carolina Panthers - Mackenzie Alexander, CB Clemson
Bye Bye Josh Norman? Hello Alexander. The Panthers need to replace Norman and Alexander falls to them. Alexander can help the secondary that the Panthers coveted last year. He's a quick DB with a lot of swagger, which seems to be the Panthers MO heading forward.

31. Denver Broncos - Connor Cook, QB Michigan State
Bit of a reach, but i'm not sure trading back is an option here. The Broncos need QB help and I DOUBT Mark Sanchez is going to be their answer. In looking at last years draft I wanted Cook to come out so the Bengals could consider him in the 3rd or 4th Round and I think Cook has the mindset to be in the top QB class this year. He's a smart QB and can be a leader if needed. The Broncos I think can help him by giving him plenty of weapons around him much like they did Tim Tebow. By taking him here, the Broncos show faith in a guy that I think in 5-7 years could be the sleeper QB prospect in this draft.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like where you're calling shots with the trades but there's about a half-dozen or so players in this I don't see going in the 1st round

Bengals1Fan

Reaction score
Pharoah said:
I like where you're calling shots with the trades but there's about a half-dozen or so players in this I don't see going in the 1st round
Besides Connor Cook, I'm pretty sure most of the players have a first round grade

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Neal, Alexander, Kelly, Dodd, Spriggs, Doctson, Coleman.... all players who may drop to the 2nd round.

Chief

Reaction score
Pharoah said:
Neal, Alexander, Kelly, Dodd, Spriggs, Doctson, Coleman.... all players who may drop to the 2nd round.
Doctson? 2nd Round? Are u on crack?

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
Chief said:
Doctson? 2nd Round? Are u on crack?
I've seen a lot of people leaning towards him going 2nd round. I don't think that's outlandish.

Chief

Reaction score
cavsfan817 said:
I've seen a lot of people leaning towards him going 2nd round. I don't think that's outlandish.
If Doctson goes 2nd Round I won't ever post again on this forum. No way he falls out of the first.

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
Chief said:
If Doctson goes 2nd Round I won't ever post again on this forum. No way he falls out of the first.
Ok... He's the 3rd best WR in a weak WR class. It's not like he's a lock to go top 10.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
cavsfan817 said:
yes, Doctson has been vastly overrated by many in their mocks. Great college player but so was Charles Rodgers.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Chief said:
Care to make a GM cash wager??

Chief

Reaction score
cavsfan817 said:
Ok... He's the 3rd best WR in a weak WR class. It's not like he's a lock to go top 10.
He's by far the best receiver man hes prob the first receiver taken

Bengals1Fan

Reaction score
Chief said:
He's by far the best receiver man hes prob the first receiver taken
Uh... Treadwell... Docston is top 5 in the receiving class, and with the teams need receiver help in the first round, I can easily see him going in the first.

Chief

Reaction score
Bengals1fan said:
Uh... Treadwell... Docston is top 5 in the receiving class, and with the teams need receiver help in the first round, I can easily see him going in the first.
Treadwell is good but Doctson is on another level

D

Dannyboy77

no way dolphins get elliott. bears wont let that happen. plus we wouldnt take rankins at 11 if we go defense.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dannyboy77 said:
no way dolphins get elliott. bears wont let that happen. plus we wouldnt take rankins at 11 if we go defense.
Why in the hell would the Bears take Elliott when they have Langford? Bears defense is atrocious. They need a DB bad.

Bengals1Fan

Reaction score
Dannyboy77 said:
What do you mean the Bears won't let that happen... if the trade goes through the Bears have no say?

D

Dannyboy77

Pharoah said:
Why in the hell would the Bears take Elliott when they have Langford? Bears defense is atrocious. They need a DB bad.
lol youre not in the loop. The Bears love him. He is supposed to be the best back since AP. what does that mean you ask? top 5 rb in the game in a year or two. Top 12 right off the bat. Langford is not a #1 back. if he was then why did we offer cj anderson the most money in FA? oh and zeke loves the bears. oh and we have his old rb coach. langford cant catch the ball. zeke is like another forte but maybe even better which is insane. you dont pass up a talent like zeke. you just dont.

D

Dannyboy77

Bengals1fan said:
What do you mean the Bears won't let that happen... if the trade goes through the Bears have no say?
bears would trade up to get zeke if they truly want him like many reports say. and they should.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dannyboy77 said:
lol youre not in the loop. The Bears love him. He is supposed to be the best back since AP. what does that mean you ask? top 5 rb in the game in a year or two. Top 12 right off the bat. Langford is not a #1 back. if he was then why did we offer cj anderson the most money in FA? oh and zeke loves the bears. oh and we have his old rb coach. langford cant catch the ball. zeke is like another forte but maybe even better which is insane. you dont pass up a talent like zeke. you just dont.
Good to know we have a true Bears insider here.

Fact is Kenyon Drake is just as versatile, faster than Zeke, and can be had in the 3rd round.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%