If you were the GM of YOUR team....

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
What would you do this off-season via free agency and the draft with your team?

Me, personally with the Bengals....

- First, I would get rid of Marvin Lewis and offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski.
- I would hire more scouts (The Bengals only have one)
- I'd actually hire a General Manager (Something Mike Brown) won't do.
- I'd get rid of BOTH Terrell Owens and Chad Johnson.
- I would give Carson Palmer another chance under new coaching and possibly better offensive line.
- Be sure to reward Johnathon Joesph with a contract extension.
- Definitely get an upgrade at safety whether that be through free agency or the draft.
- If Cedric Benson asks for too much, I'd let him go as well. (Find replacement through free agency or draft)
- Re-sign Brian Leonard (Love his effort on every down he plays, need Leapin' Leonard back)
- Possibly draft A.J. Green to replace Chad, he's suppose to be the next Calvin Johnson.
- Release Chris Crocker (Too old, gets burned on too many plays, can't stay healthy)
- Release Tank Johnson (Injury prone, production isn't great)
- Release Robert Geathers (Doesn't get any kind of pass rush)
- Release Antwan Odom (Had a good year last year before injury, now he's not the same)
- Release Roy Williams (Injury prone, can't stay healthy)
- Release Dennis Roland (Constantly gets torched at RT disposing Carson Palmer.
- Release Reggie Kelly (Needs to retire)
- Get a productive FB

Much needed upgrades via draft and free agency:
Wide Receiver
Running Back
Safety
Offensive Lineman
Defensive Lineman

Those are my five main positions to improve, considering Carson Palmer will be back next year.

I say give Carson Palmer another chance with a better offensive line, without always having to make Chad Johnson and Terrell Owens happy, better play calling with new offensive coordinator, more consistent/productive running game. I personally think Carson Palmer tries forcing things too much with Terrell Owens to keep him happy, then when Terrell is getting all the attention, Chad doesn't like it. With a better offensive line, running game and play calling with the departures of Chad and Terrell, I think Carson will come back with a better year. We need to evaluate Jordan Palmer and Dan LeFevour more to see what they offer, especially for QB needs. I would like to see what Dan LeFevour can do in the NFL, we may already have our future QB.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
For the 49ers, all I'd do is let go of the liabilities, sign some players to help out on offense and a couple of players on defense, and the biggest one...DRAFT CAM NEWTON

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Fire Brian Daboll and hire a real offensive coordinator
Draft AJ Green, Julio Jones or Justin Blackmon in the first round.
Draft a pass rushing DE in the 2nd round and get one via FA
Add a right side lineman via FA
Sign a CB for depth
Maybe get another Free Safety
Make sure Montario Hardesty stays healthy

Reaction score
For me I would

- Cut Daniel Muir
- Resign Mathis
- Resign Addai
- Don't Resign Charlie Johnson
- Draft an O Linemen first round, unless a high caliber DT is there
- Cut Ryan Diem
- Cut Phillip Wheeler
- Resign Session
- Trade Anthony Gonzalez and see what we can get out of him
- Draft a Guard in the 3rd round
- Try to help Bob Sanders finally stay healthy
- I think he is gonna be a F/A, but make a move for Brandon Mebane if they can.

Oiler35

Reaction score
Sam Galea as the Colts GM.

• Keep Anthony Gonzalez
    We need depth at wide receiver, especially with all the injuries we've had this year. Like, who the hell is Blair White?
  • Try to draft/ acquire a better DT and/or Offensive linemen.
    Yeah, we can pass block, but other than 2 games this season, we haven't had over 100 yards on the ground. I see a problem.
  • Keep Bob Sanders, with a smaller contract.
    Unless you can actually stay healthy, you are NOT getting paid. You've missed more games than you've played.
  • Keep developing Donald Brown, and trade away Addai
    You could bring up how Addai is the better "system" back, but Brown, when he gets his blocks (did you see last week against Jacksonville?) is explosive. With more experience, and better awareness/ ability to recognize the play, he'll be a good back in the future.
  • Resign Mathis and Clint Session.
    Mathis is a beast, and Session isn't THAT bad. Both have pretty good speed, and can wrap up guys easily.

Reaction score
Sam Galea as the Colts GM.

• Keep Anthony Gonzalez
    We need depth at wide receiver, especially with all the injuries we've had this year. Like, who the hell is Blair White?
  • Try to draft/ acquire a better DT and/or Offensive linemen.
    Yeah, we can pass block, but other than 2 games this season, we haven't had over 100 yards on the ground. I see a problem.
  • Keep Bob Sanders, with a smaller contract.
    Unless you can actually stay healthy, you are NOT getting paid. You've missed more games than you've played.
  • Keep developing Donald Brown, and trade away Addai
    You could bring up how Addai is the better "system" back, but Brown, when he gets his blocks (did you see last week against Jacksonville?) is explosive. With more experience, and better awareness/ ability to recognize the play, he'll be a good back in the future.
  • Resign Mathis and Clint Session.
    Mathis is a beast, and Session isn't THAT bad. Both have pretty good speed, and can wrap up guys easily.
SMFH. When Addai gets his blocks, he is better than Donald Brown.

STLZACH

Go Blues!
Reaction score
Idk who's gonna be a free agent or anything, but I'd trade Steven Jackson for a top receiver, and sign a top receiver, and then get a Sjax replacement in the draft. That way Bradford can butt-rape defenses. :p

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
- Retain Leslie Frazier: I'm not as sold on Frazier as the top guy as I thought I'd be but I'm not ready to dismiss him just yet. I don't think you can hold him responsible for this dismal season and unless your able to keep him around as the D-Coordinator, you can't let him walk. Players seem to respect him a lot and I like the fact that he doesn't micro-manage his offense. Give Frazier 2-3 years with this team moving forward. Unless we're seriously considering Jim Harbaugh or maybe Gruden, I don't like a lot of the alternatives anyways.

- Acquire McNabb: It would be another Favre-esqe situation but McNabb is a little younger, not as much of a maverick, and he's mobile. Washington apparently doesn't want him and lets be honest, the guy is better than f'ing Rex Grossman. I'll take McNabb and I'll bet that if we make a few of these changes I am suggesting, he will lead us into the 2011 playoffs.

- Draft Jake Locker: Andrew Luck would be nice but there's no way he gets past Carolina and Cincinnati, I don't care who either team already has on the depth chart. Jake Locker is, arguably, just as good and he's the more experienced collegiate QB. Thrown to the wolves in his freshman year and he handled it very well. Would've been a top pick in last year's draft but opted for the additional year of experience in the pro style offense. Love his quick feet, love his release, and I love his pocket presence.

- Cut Berrian: We'll roll with Rice, Harvin, Camarillo, Jaymar Johnson...and we'll be more than fine. Bernard's contract is back-load as sh/t, dump him before we have to pay him $8M in 2013.

- Keep Lorenzo Booker: I don't know what this muaf*cka was doing in the UFL but he's not a bad return guy & I'd love to see more of him on 3rd downs. He's only 26 and he's got a cheap-ass contract. If Toby Gerhart doesn't make a bigger impact next season, I'm calling for his head.

- Cut McKinnie: If our offensive line is gonna be this bad...then we might as well get younger and cheaper. McKinnie is straight up garbage, he's making about $5M per, and there's no question Loadholt outplayed him on the right side. I think Loadholt can play the LT as good as or better than McKinnie. Make the move and start sifting through the draft class for another big OT. I think we found a good one in the 2nd round when we took Loadholt.

- Sign Olin Kreutz: I can't believe I'm saying this, I hate the c*cksucker but the Center position killed us all year. Biggest mistake we ever made was letting Matt Birk walk & nobody that came in after him has been worth a sh/t. A lot of Bears' fans think Kreutz is done, he's tormented us for years, and we're the kings at snatching up those NFC North veterans. Put Kreutz in between Herrera and Hutchinson...me like.

- Stay away from Pat: I will love this guy to death but he's only playing about 1/2 a game these days as it is. He'll be 39, he wants 2 more seasons, and most likley to stay in Minny. Time to say, "thanks but no thanks".

- Re-sign Ray Edwards: I don't care what it takes, trade Jared Allen if you have to. Ray will command serious dough, he's a "silent killer", I'd call him the best weakside DE in the league & I think he's good enough to go up against LT's anywhere. The labor situation might force him back into a 1-year deal with the Vikes...worse case scenario, we will franchise him.

- Cut EJ Henderson: Tough, very tough to let him go but from the business aspect...makes sense. We need the money to re-sign Edwards and beef up other weak positions. LB's aren't a weakness on this team and Jasper Brinkley was decent filling for him in the 2009 postseason. Either way, EJ is heading into the final year of his deal and I can't see him back in 2012 anyways. Why prolong the inevitable?

- Find better Coverage Safeties: Madeiu Williams, Hussain Abdullah, and Tyrell Johnson...useless. We havent' had good coverage safeties in over a decade and it's hurt. Atogwe, Manning, Bullocks, all free agents...try and sign one. Start looking in the draft as well. We can get by on some youg guys that have potential...something simliar to what the Eagles have in Nate Allen would be nice.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Giants:

Fire Tom Coughlin
-- Even if the Giants make the playoffs and get whacked in the 1st round, I think it's time to let Coughlin go. This team has a world of talent, especially on offense, but they are so inconsistent and blow big leads that I just feel it's time for a change of pace. We would replace him with the obvious, most pursued coach in the offseason, who wants to coach the Giants (reportedly atop his 'wish list'): Bill Cowher

Acquire a Linebacker

-- I think the Giants could find a way to trade one of their RBs, whether its Jacobs or Bradshaw is up to them, aso ne tends to compliment the other, but their linebacking core is atrocious. Boley and Goff are pretty solid but I'd like to see them push for a better talent -- Keith Bullock is getting up there in age and isn't very productive any more.

Acquire a Top 15 Draft Pick - Trade Osi Umenyiora
-- Osi has been absolutely phenomenal this year, gaining headlines for his pattented "strip sack". He's at his maximum potential and looks like the Osi of old. However, we have Tuck, Kiwanuka and Pierre-Paul. They are younger. Maybe not as good, but I'd like to see us get a top-15 draft pick for either a RB (to replace who we trade), CB, or OLB -- depending on whose out there on the draft board. Osi has played so well, his trade value is huge. Trading him would also allow them to start Pierre-Paul full time next season, with Kiwi as a back-up for both JPP and Tuck.

Sign a veteran CB
-- Giants need to utilize the free agency not to just acquire the best out there, but to acquire a veteran. I've seen how a veteran like Grant can help us out in tough times on defense, and I think with Terrell Thomas most likely being out #1 CB next season, I'd like to see Webster at #2 and a veteran at #3. This could also leave a window of opportunity to trade Aaron Ross, whose been a major draft bust and been flat out useless.

Add Offensive Line Depth
-- While I'd like to see them just cut Kareem McKenzie, i'd rather just see the team add depth. I'd like Will Beatty to finally be a starter. He's a draft pick of ours who has just been rotting as a backup, but done a terrific job over the past 2 years filling in for injured linemen. Get him the starting gig, and sign a couple of backup guys who have experience and can be trusted when filling in for a hurt lineman.

and finally....
Find a New Punter
-- Matt Dodge may flat-out be the worst punter I have ever seen. I honestly don't know how somebody could suck so badly. He either punts it 65 yards and looks like a man with an iron boot, or he punts aa line-drive 25 yards down field... or does what I love the most, fumbles the snap. I've seen kids who play RB/WR/CB/K at my local high school punt the ball more consistently than him. There's gotta be SOMEBODY whose a free agent next season who knows how to punt the ball consistently 45 yards down field, and also knows how to rotate his body 35 degrees to the right and punt the ball directly out of bounds.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
For the Jags (I just did this on my madden 11)

- Trade for some good young WRs (Collie, Steve Johnson, Nannee) (traded away MSW, Osgood, Jason Hill I think)
- Traded TE Zach Miller and picks for TE Jermaine Gresham
- Signed guys in Free Agency to improve defense/also got better backups for the O-line.
- Traded Rashean Mathis for Jonathan Joseph
- Maybe fire Del Rio....not sure on that one yet.
- Also be looking for a QB if Garrard doesn't cut it.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
1. Sign Champ Bailey
2. Sign LeMarr Woodley
3. Draft Patrick Peterson/Prince Amukamara
4. Improve OL anyway possible (preferably getting someone in there instead of Backus and Peterman)

1 and 2 are pipe-dreams lol, though Woodley is a Michigan guy <3

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
number 1 isnt so much of a pipe dream but number two definitely is lol.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
id get a secondary.
You've got one...their just young & unhealthy. Quintin Mikell emerged so well that he made Weapon X expendable. Mikell is a pending FA and no way in hell does Joe Banner let him get away. Samuel is perhaps the most disruptive CB in the league and though he has lapses in his coverage, the Eagles' D is so much better with him on the field. Nate Allen is the next great safety in this league but you can tell that he's on the learning curve. I've obviously watched a ton of the Eagles this season, (living in the area), and I see Allen making the reads but making them late. The more he plays, the better he'll be. This is why his season ending early is killer. Patterson is practically the same story as Allen, he just needs to mature. Patterson gets picked on all game long and he's had to cover some pretty damn good receivers all season long. Patterson did outplay Hobbs and took his job...keep that in mind.

Eagles need to find a reliable nickel guy, if anything.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Redskins:

Youth movement...Time to gut the team.

Cuts: Santana Moss, Casey Rabach, Donovan, Haynesworthless, Andre Carter, Carlos Rogers, Reed Doughty, Derrick Dockery.

Draft: WR, DL, OG, CB, ILB No specific order.

Pick up a competent receiver through free agency, and just prepare for a few bad seasons...ALSO KEEP ALL DRAFT PICKS.

Mooche

Reaction score
SMFH. When Addai gets his blocks, he is better than Donald Brown.
I think the whole idea they drafted Brown to replace Addai is a joke. Polian said he wanted to get back to the 2 back system with Dom and Addai type of idea they had in 06, when we were at our best in the playoffs.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
You've got one...their just young & unhealthy. Quintin Mikell emerged so well that he made Weapon X expendable. Mikell is a pending FA and no way in hell does Joe Banner let him get away. Samuel is perhaps the most disruptive CB in the league and though he has lapses in his coverage, the Eagles' D is so much better with him on the field. Nate Allen is the next great safety in this league but you can tell that he's on the learning curve. I've obviously watched a ton of the Eagles this season, (living in the area), and I see Allen making the reads but making them late. The more he plays, the better he'll be. This is why his season ending early is killer. Patterson is practically the same story as Allen, he just needs to mature. Patterson gets picked on all game long and he's had to cover some pretty damn good receivers all season long. Patterson did outplay Hobbs and took his job...keep that in mind.

Eagles need to find a reliable nickel guy, if anything.
Nicks and maningham had their way with Patterson.

I do think we need some olinemen and some linebackers.

VC15

Reaction score
I think I made a topic earlier in the season that expressed my thoughts, but...

Fire Tom Coughlin
Fire Kevin Gilbride
Fire Tom Quinn
Cut Matt Dodge
Replace Diehl and O'Hara on the O-Line
Get another CB and OLB
Find a true blocking TE (Pascoe would be the full time FB)

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nicks and maningham had their way with Patterson.

I do think we need some olinemen and some linebackers.
Yeah, O-Line is definitely the most pressing Eagles' need. I'd say if they don't make it to the Super Bowl, its because the O-Line is dominate from start to finish in the game they get bounced. I actually don't mind their linebackers. As soon as Bradley started gaming, he went down. Coul upgrade tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%