Mooche and Titan's 2011 Mock 1.0

Mooche

Reaction score
Ponder at 12 makes me cringe.
We knew this was obviously gonna catch some serious flack. But I look at it this way.

If Ponder and his stock have risen to 16 (Jacksonville) why wouldn't the Vikings be on him at number twelve? Leslie Frazier smokescreen or not, has made it clear they NEED a QB, and he could easily feel more confident with Ponder over Locker at this point.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, I understand the pick and how most people feel about him, but everyone knows my personal opinion on Ponder... 16 would still be way too high for him if it were up to me.

Mooche

Reaction score
Yeah, I understand the pick and how most people feel about him, but everyone knows my personal opinion on Ponder... 16 would still be way too high for him if it were up to me.
Completely agreed.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Mooche

Reaction score
I would bet my soul that the Vikings don't take Ponder. Both you and TTN over rate QB's.
This again shows your lack of knowledge of the NFL Draft.

Every single year, ask yourself what is being taken atop the Draft? Yes, a Quarterback. There is a "supply and demand" that kind of works inside out of the NFL for the position. In the NFL, there are many teams who need a very good signal caller of the future (Minnesota, Arizona, Carolina, etc.) And all these teams become intrigued with these prospects. Essentially, these players go higher than what their grades may be, and this is because teams will reach on them every year. Look at where Mark Sanchez and Josh Freeman were selected, if you really want an example of this in action.

Just because Walter Football doesn't have this on their website, doesn't mean it's wrong, btw. It's called taking chances on a Mock, and going outside the box.

Rice18

Reaction score
BTW this is called your wrong.

TTN2810

Reaction score
You are such a dumbass.

Though look on the bright side Mooche. The more he doesn't like it, the more right we probably are.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
We knew this was obviously gonna catch some serious flack. But I look at it this way.

If Ponder and his stock have risen to 16 (Jacksonville) why wouldn't the Vikings be on him at number twelve? Leslie Frazier smokescreen or not, has made it clear they NEED a QB, and he could easily feel more confident with Ponder over Locker at this point.
Why do you think 12-16 isn't a big jump. Its not saying hes projected to 16 because his stock is at 16. Hes projected at 16 because Gene Smith is inlove with him and always tends to "reach" for picks. Vikings wont take him at 12.

Rice18

Reaction score
Why do you think 12-16 isn't a big jump. Its not saying hes projected to 16 because his stock is at 16. Hes projected at 16 because Gene Smith is inlove with him and always tends to "reach" for picks. Vikings wont take him at 12.
Thank you Kam and okay I am a dumb ass ?

TTN2810

Reaction score
Sorry we don't copy every other mock draft out there.
Those cookie cutter picks never come true anyways.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I understand going against the grain, but every comment you are making is basically you saying "I'm not trying to be right, I'm trying to be different."

TTN2810

Reaction score
I can see where you get the Yanks, but the thing is, unlike Seven, we actually do a lot of research into the picks, not to mention watch a lot of film. Ponder would greatly fit the offense, the Vikings are working out Ponder and Gabbert and Newton will be gone, and the Vikes know they won't get Ponder later. I personally think they'll trade down to get Ponder, but if they can't, they should just take him there. They are that desperate for a QB. And all the Locker stuff is a smokescreen. This pick is risky, but it makes sense. We didn't do it just to stir up shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%