Official Mets 2009 Season Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How much did the mets tickets cost you and where?
Mets official website, through ticketmaster.

See Mets tickets at CitiField aren't near as rare and hard to buy as Yankee tickets at New Yankee Stadium. ;)

But seriously, you cant even buy single game tickets to Yankee Stadium right now. The only way to buy single game Yankee tickets is to way-overpay through eBay or whatever the hell the Yankees official ticket re-sale site is.

For the Mets' game...I bought Baseline Box seats for $60 a pop.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I really need to get me some mets tickets for when i come back home. Stupid stubhub is expensive. I would love to pay $60, max i would pay per is $90.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Buster Onley has Daniel Murphy on top 5 players to watch in 2009. Awesome, lol.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Jerry Manuel plans to bat Daniel Murphy second in Mets' order.Murphy entered Saturday tied with St. Louis' Rick Ankiel and Seattle's Matt Tuiasosopo for the major-league lead in spring hits with 20.

Murphy went 0-for-4 in a 12-1 loss to the Braves Saturday as his average slipped to a still-gaudy .364.

Of any first-year major-leaguer in 2008 with a minimum of 130 plate appearances, Murphy's .397 on-base percentage ranked first.

Murphy, after seeing a video of Carlos Delgado keeping a log of pitchers' approaches to him, began keeping his own journal back in the Single-A Florida State League in 2007. So did good friend Nick Evans, who is nearly inseparable from Murphy.

Murphy continues to this day writing notes in a green spiral after at-bats, while Evans quickly bailed on the idea.
THANK YOU!!! Finally a smart move. Let the young guns play and I think Murphy will do great hitting 2nd in our lineup. This guy just has that nice Don Mattingly stroke and man can he rake. He needs to continue working on his defense in LF but I think he will be fine. Murphy will make this lineup special if he can hit above .300 and have a nice OBP.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
lmao, how true it is. You guys dont fall too behind with all those bonds the city gave the yankees worth an estimated 500mill.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lmao, how true it is. You guys dont fall too behind with all those bonds the city gave the yankees worth an estimated 500mill.
There's a difference in bonds from the city than Citi paying for naming rights not long after the Government bailed them out.

The City doesn't have a problem loaning the Yankees money b/c they will make it all back and then some. Have any idea how many tourists the Yankees bring to the city?

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
There's a difference in bonds from the city than Citi paying for naming rights not long after the Government bailed them out.

The City doesn't have a problem loaning the Yankees money b/c they will make it all back and then some. Have any idea how many tourists the Yankees bring to the city?
The city doesnt have a problem because its not their money, its our money. And lets not forget the luxury suites that the city was going to receive for those bonds given out to the yankees. Yea, i find it incredible how many americans are front-runners. Ive said it a million times, if your a yankee fan you HAVE to be from New York or New Jersey. What other reason would you have except they win? Its BS.....

Oh yea and I recently found this oh so enticing article:

Mayor Bloomberg's bad-news budget tries to plug a $4 billion hole with less than $2 billion worth of spending cuts and new sales taxes - and counts on unions, Albany and the federal govermment to come up with the rest.

He proposed a $43.4 billion budget Friday for the fiscal year starting July 1, up $123 million from the year before - one that slices deep into the pockets of city residents and the ranks of city workers.

"Are we going to go through some difficult times? I don't think there's any question about that. But we have a plan to balance our budget," Bloomberg said. "It is serious, but I think it is manageable."

The new cuts and taxes come on top of $1 billion in cuts and $1.5 billion in tax hikes he already pushed through, as administration economists predict the national economy and Wall Street will continue to pummel the city's revenues.

The mayor's budget counts on city workers paying 10% toward the cost of their health benefits, raising $350 million, as well as $200 million more from reining in health costs.

While municipal unions have begun discussions with Bloomberg's labor team, it is unclear whether any such agreement can be reached.

Bloomberg also wants to cut services: 30 ambulance tours, one firefighter from each of 64 engine companies, homeless prevention and child care.

He wants to raise taxes and fees: charging 5 cents per plastic bag to raise $84 million, raising parking meter rates, issuing more fines to unsanitary restaurants, repealing the sales tax exemption on clothes and raising the sales tax another 1/4 of a percent.

And he wants to cut more jobs: 1,000 cops, 1,440 school employees, 167 seasonal Parks Department aides, 549 child welfare workers, and more than 14,000 teachers and classroom employees.

His plan calls for 22,919 fewer city jobs, of which only 7,686 would come from attrition. The other 15,233 employees would be simply laid off - including 13,930 Education Department employees.

"When you talk about reducing city expenditures, you are really talking about reducing headcount," Bloomberg said. "You can only get so much blood out of a stone."

Sources: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2009/0...onomic_pic.html
Now Im not saying the mets and yankees shouldnt get new stadiums, but they should pay it out of their own pockets. They are having their cake and eating it too. Not only will you pay $200 for a yankee ticket, but you'll pay for the infrastructure as well. Yea Mr. Bloomberg lets reduce some head count because thats what this state and city needs, less jobs..... <Censored>ing moron.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
New York will always do whatever they have to do to keep the Yankees & Mets happy. Both franchises make a ton of money, are a huge attraction and lets face it...all of our politicians are avid baseball fans that love throwing out that first pitch.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
God I love MLB network.... another preseason mets game against the Tigers. Ollie is pitching, 2-1 Tigers.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Not a good strike-ball ratio for perez today.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
It took a six-walk, six-run disaster Wednesday, but the New York Mets have determined that Oliver Perez, their $36 million left-hander, is "out of shape,'' according to the New York Daily News.

Perez showed little zip on, or command of, his fastball Wednesday, and was up to 92 pitches before Manuel finally lifted him with two outs in the fourth inning. According to The Daily News, Perez's problems began soon after departing camp for the WBC, which included just two starts in the 19 days he was away from the Mets. He also complained he was tired after being left in to throw 85 pitches in a March 15 loss to Korea.

"I think he's out of shape, the arm is out of shape,'' pitching coach Dan Warthen said. "It's a combination. Since he's come back we really haven't seen the life out of the hand, the ball is just not jumping out right now ... I think he's gained a little weight and needs to start pushing himself a little more."

Source: New York Daily News
Well so much for something finally clicking and Ollie getting it together........

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Philadelphia Phillies shortstop Jimmy Rollins may have been joking when he parted ways with World Baseball Classic teammate David Wright of the New York Mets, but it was a simpled reminder of what the 2008 season will be in the National League's East Division.

"It's on again,'' Wright claims Rollins told him after the two players shared a flight from Los Angeles to Florida, according to the New York Daily News.

Source: New York Daily News
OH ITS ON!!! And we will be ready....

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
On another thread, I asked the question whether you can bring food into Citi Field.

Called the Mets today, and the policy has not changed from Shea. No problem with reasonable sized cooler/bags with food and beverages in clear containers.

Score one for the fans who want to bring their families without getting a second mortgage--if we could find one.
Got that from mets.com. Alright! Now I dont have to spend like $50 for me and my gf, just bring some nice sandwiches and snacks. Now time to find those tickets...... lol.

(Cheapest I find for good seats in July and August is $100 per person.)

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
any chance you can bring booze into the place?

Because my uncle wants to take a whole bunch of us to a Mets game this year, but doesnt wanna spend over 100$ on beer for all of us, which he spent a little over 120 when we went to a Sox game last year, it was like 8$ a beer.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
lol yea im pretty sure beer is a no. The mets make a big profit on beer alone and they dont want to lose that. Especially because they will say that it is a safety risk as well.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Anybody got any cash on them?

Bernie Madoff's season tickets behind home plate will be up for auction soon.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
lmao, the Wilpons will lie and say it doesnt affect the mets infrastructure and how they handle the team. But it does, they lost a bunch of money and now they are banking on the new stadium and a good enough team to make it to the playoffs.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No more Domino's patch?

Fans who attended yesterday's "test drive" of Citi Field report the jerseys being sold in the gift shop feature a different Inaugural patch on the left sleeve.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Sweet! I need to get myself a jersey then. Looks very nice, Im thinking getting a K-rod jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%