2014 NFL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well I don't think a team would trade for him if they didn't think they would be able to lock him up. I think it's pretty clear at this point Suh just cares about getting paid. 

This is also why I think ultimately no trade will occur. Fingers crossed though. 

TTN2810

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
because if he resigns, he's the best/2nd best player going to a new team from Draft day.

Like if the jags move down to 10, and then pick their QB then? They can focus their 2nd on a WR, rather than the reverse (Watkins 1st, QB 2nd)
I (and a lot of people) would rather have Watkins and a 2nd round QB. But this is without Suh in the equation.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
TiTAN said:
I (and a lot of people) would rather have Watkins and a 2nd round QB. But this is without Suh in the equation.
Oh I agree, but give me Suh+Bridgewater+Jordan Matthews over Watkins+Garropolo any day

TTN2810

Reaction score
Sure, getting Suh would win out for sure, but it depends on what they're giving up for him. Are we talking Suh + #10 for #3? I think the Jags would have to throw in something else.

TTN2810

Reaction score
If the Titans come out of the draft with any one of Manziel, Bridgewater, Mettenberger, Murray or Fales I'll be thrilled. Unfortunately none of those guys except Mett is a Whiz type QB.

Would not be happy with Bortles, Garoppolo, McCarron or Savage, and unfortunately all of them except McCarron is a Whiz QB.

Anyone else I'd be okay with to compete with Locker.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm gonna assume you're not high on Savage?

His stock's gained some steam the last few weeks. I don't think he's the day 2 pick that I've seen him slotted as, but he's not horrible.

TTN2810

Reaction score
He has way too much hype. I'll say that. Thomas is much more deserving of the hype, IMO, due to Savage's hype being all on physical ability and none on results.

He's a tough one to evaluate though. He played in pro sets and dropped back, but every second throw is a screen, and the offense in general isn't suited to his strengths. It's a short west coast type offense where he can't show off his arm. That's probably due to his o-line though, they didn't have time for longer developing routes. He showed he can throw with people in his face and has some nice mobility though. What's troubling is that he misses too much when there isn't pressure, especially down the field, which is not what you don't want to see. I can't remember who it was, but a notable media guy pointed out he backs up under pressure, which obviously, is a huge no no.

Based on all that, I said a few months ago that Savage reminds me of Chad Henne and I stand by that. He'll wow you with a throw or two a game, but the rest leaves you wishing for more. I gave him a 5th round grade, because there is some upside there, just not sure how much due to his situation. There's a handful of prospects I'd feel a lot more comfortable taking in the 2nd-3rd round than Savage.

Plus don't overlook the fact he's 24 already. The list of QB's who were > 24 on draft day isn't pretty.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Mayock released an updated big board

#1 CB- Kyle Fuller

Gahd I love you Mayock. First Khalil Mack, now Fuller. Loving this

TTN2810

Reaction score
Mettenberger is also now in his top 5 QBs and McCarron is out, thank god.

Still don't get how he has Garoppolo at 4 though.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Garropolo has a crazy fast release, and has solid mobility.

I don't love him, but I can see teams that do.

Also Mett is a perfect Texan @ #33

TTN2810

Reaction score
I honestly don't get the big deal about releases. Bortles has a slow as fuck release and it's not even a knock on him, which it shouldn't be. It's a minor thing, IMO, fast or slow. Unless you're Tim Tebow, it's a non issue.

Garoppolo reminds me of a worse version of Carr. Lesser arm, accuracy and mobility, less potential overall with similar flaws.

EDIT
I wouldn't mind seeing Mett go to Houston, even though the Titans would get torched twice a year by him

He could do some real damage with Johnson and Hopkins, man.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Saints are in position to trade up with the Bears, from 27 to 14 if the right guy is still there.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Saints are in position to trade up with the Bears, from 27 to 14 if the right guy is still there.
Gilbert?

TTN2810

Reaction score
A couple months ago it seemed impossible for TBW to fall the the Titans at 11. Now it's crazy to think he could be on the board in the second round. If he's there at 11 and the Titans pass, man, I would be disappointed.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- By the end of the draft next week, the Browns could have two Carrs parked in their quarterback room.

David Carr, the former No. 1 overall pick of the Texans and big brother of Browns' prospect Derek Carr, told cleveland.com Thursday that the Browns are one of about six teams that have talked to him about signing as a backup if they draft his little brother.

"Yeah, they've definitely been one of those teams that have expressed interest,'' said Carr, 34. "There are probably about six or seven teams that have been real interested in that scenario, so we'll see what happens. It's going to be exciting.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%