Just bought AllDayFS.com..

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
It will most likely be SportsInsomnia.com. 

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I've tried to catch up on the thread and think I've gathered enough to post an opinion hah.

I think a site merging with us could be great for us. The thing I'm kind of leery about is this is being phrased as a combination of the sites. SI is too old and too established to be combined with another site and re-branded as something else. It really doesn't do us justice. No offense to ADFS, cause I'm sure there are some really good guys there and the owners have obviously worked pretty hard to build something solid, but a site with 477 total members wouldn't really constitute completely changing what SI is for. We've been doing this for 10 years and given the current recipe I don't see any reason we can't do this for another 10 years. 

Do we combined and drop the Z to an S in our name? Fine. That'll work for me. But changing us to Sports Forum or some crap like that is just dumb. Why are we losing our identity that we have kept for 10 years for the sake of some guys who may or may not stick around. But we are Sportz Insomnia, not sportsforum or sportsfanatic. I think it is a case of you can't teach an old dog new tricks, and SI is every bit of an old dog. Maybe I'm making a big deal out of just a name, but so be it. 

Another concern I have is what would happen with these sim leagues? Do they just come here and continue to operate even though they are already full? Do our members just sit back and watch them happen or are they going to restart and have our guys also join in? Cause if it is the former there isn't going to be an assimilation between the two sites. There will be the "SI Guys" and the "sim league guys." And I think getting everyone involved in the leagues would be pretty crucial to making the transition work. 

Next, I think teagz touched on it, but the whole article writing thing to turn us into SBNation is a nice idea in theory, but it will never work. For the same exact reasons he stated. I don't see why SI can't just be a really good forum and not worry about stuff like that. But it is a business I guess, and I understand that. 

All in all though, I guess I would support a merge into us. It could very well drive our activity up which would be good for the forum. I guess I'm just not on board for the re-branding. But if we do this we have to all be on the same page and kept in the loop. Cause if you half-ass a merge things are not going to be pretty. 

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
when are we gonna see some changes?

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Last i heard the sites won't merge until sometime during the week. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Also, just a heads up on a merger or whatever

There are literally tons of images hosted on this site, for both user's entertainment and for site icons. They are all gone if not properly handled in the merger.

If we go move to sportsinsomnia.com, you can't just remove sportzin.com. IMO you can re-route it, but don't delete info that cannot be restored, mainly image hosts

Iceman

Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
Last i heard the sites won't merge until sometime during the week. 

Still trying to make sure we get the name that you are all good with.  Like Shaggy said, it will most likely be sportsinsomia.com.  By reading most comments, looks like it will be a good name going forward

Fuhgeddaboudit

Reaction score
RipCity32 said:
I've tried to catch up on the thread and think I've gathered enough to post an opinion hah.

I think a site merging with us could be great for us. The thing I'm kind of leery about is this is being phrased as a combination of the sites. SI is too old and too established to be combined with another site and re-branded as something else. It really doesn't do us justice. No offense to ADFS, cause I'm sure there are some really good guys there and the owners have obviously worked pretty hard to build something solid, but a site with 477 total members wouldn't really constitute completely changing what SI is for. We've been doing this for 10 years and given the current recipe I don't see any reason we can't do this for another 10 years. 

Do we combined and drop the Z to an S in our name? Fine. That'll work for me. But changing us to Sports Forum or some crap like that is just dumb. Why are we losing our identity that we have kept for 10 years for the sake of some guys who may or may not stick around. But we are Sportz Insomnia, not sportsforum or sportsfanatic. I think it is a case of you can't teach an old dog new tricks, and SI is every bit of an old dog. Maybe I'm making a big deal out of just a name, but so be it. 

Another concern I have is what would happen with these sim leagues? Do they just come here and continue to operate even though they are already full? Do our members just sit back and watch them happen or are they going to restart and have our guys also join in? Cause if it is the former there isn't going to be an assimilation between the two sites. There will be the "SI Guys" and the "sim league guys." And I think getting everyone involved in the leagues would be pretty crucial to making the transition work. 

Next, I think teagz touched on it, but the whole article writing thing to turn us into SBNation is a nice idea in theory, but it will never work. For the same exact reasons he stated. I don't see why SI can't just be a really good forum and not worry about stuff like that. But it is a business I guess, and I understand that. 

All in all though, I guess I would support a merge into us. It could very well drive our activity up which would be good for the forum. I guess I'm just not on board for the re-branding. But if we do this we have to all be on the same page and kept in the loop. Cause if you half-ass a merge things are not going to be pretty. 

Is anyone going to answer RipCity? 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Shaggy and iceman don't answer anyone, they just do what they want

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'm not sure what there's to answer? Most of that information has already been answered. 

For the sim leagues, some will continue, others will restart. THe older leagues, like the NFL & NBA league, are old enough where they'll continue their course. The newer leagues like the retro NBA league, will probably be restarted. 

The one thing I will say is you guys (Shaggy & Iceman) need to make a decision on the name. I've been hearing for 4 days now that "we're probably going with SportsInsomnia.com". Well, are we? What more is there to discuss? Let's set it in stone. 

Let's get this thing wrapped up in the next few days. Let's get the sites merged in to the new domain, let's discuss staff positions, upgrade to the new IPB, and in the meantime I'll work on getting the skins ready to be imported on the new site. 

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
does allday have any form of gfx? would be cool to get that section active again

Iceman

Reaction score
Raindelay said:
My NHL league will NOT be restarting, just a heads up

No problem.  We would not expect you to restart at all either.  

Iceman

Reaction score
Just wanted to inform you all that the name will be changed to www.sportsinsomina.com.  The only thing that will change (as name wise) is the z will be changed to a s.  This should help with the SEO a bit to bring in new members.  

We will be staying with the same Invision Power Board, but plan on upgrading to the new software.  

Not much will be changed to the overall look to the site.  

Hope this helps answer some of your questions and concerns.  We appreciate everyone's input thus far and we (just like most of you) want this site to stay active and a great place to go for sports, etc.  

Fuhgeddaboudit

Reaction score
Raindelay said:
My NHL league will NOT be restarting, just a heads up

Are there openings? I could be interested. We'll see. I wouldn't be too upset if there weren't. 

Raindelay

Has 2 Phones
Reaction score
Fuhgeddit said:
Are there openings? I could be interested. We'll see. I wouldn't be too upset if there weren't.
Minnesota Wild! Just opened today

Raindelay

Has 2 Phones
Reaction score
Fuhgeddit said:

Is it all through a program or through the internet? 
On a program for the commissioners but everything else on the forum

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
RipCity32 said:

With the sims, we will just find out how to manage the closed/open leagues when the time comes.  Maybe there will be enough interest to add more to them or keep the ones that are on SI  going separately then the ones from ADFS until the leagues are done and then add more to them.  This is something that we will be able to figure out when the merge happens.

The article page, SportsDriven.com, never effect the forums.  It may or may not take off, if it does great, if it doesn't, we still have the active forum.  For me, forums are what I know and will always side with them.  So if I ever see that if the article side isn't working, or effecting the way the forum is going, it will be shut down.  I just feel with the amount of users we have on this forum and adfs, we will get a few fun articles a week.  I'm not expecting to much for the start. 

The forum merge is taking time as we want to make sure its done correctly.  Just like Box mentioned in a post above, we don't want to lose anything even the images/pics.  So its taking longer then we wanted but both forums are still running smoothly and will eventually be merged.  Don't let the merge effect how you are active on here or not, from the forum to the sims leagues.  Post like you would, and be active. 

With the merge, it won't happen for sure this week because I don't want either forum to be down at all when the NFL draft is going on.  There will be alot of activity that will be missed if the sites are down at all.  The merge will take sometime, as we will have to convert ADFS to IPB4 and then update SI to IPB4, then merge the two together into SportsInsomnia.com and make sure all the redirects are working correctly.  Its not a thing that happens in a few hours.  It days!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%