bosox vII

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
He's a gamble. Teams will see his upside, and if they think he can get back to his play in a year or less, then it's absolutely worth it. If he was healthy, he'd be a Top 4 pick. He's better than Myles Jack

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Don't think the Browns are drafting a QB at #2 anymore

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Don't think the Browns are drafting a QB at #2 anymore
I'll mock them a QB until they get Kaep

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Their very interest in him speaks volumes to me. It's not like they're pursuing a franchise QB, or quite frankly a QB who has been good lately in Kaepernick. I don't think they view Goff or Wentz as franchise guys. I could be wrong, but that's my sense of things. 

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
I sure hope the Browns pass on Wentz. I wouldn't mind seeing him with Gordon and Barnidge, though.

Here's something about Wentz no scouts are going to say out loud because they're not out to hurt people, but Wentz had sub-par WRs at NDSU even compared to other good FCS teams. They were decent possession guys at best.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Elcheato won't like this but now way Zeke goes that high. A team like the Bears can wait and snag a guy like Kenyon Drake later on. Drake is a little taller, faster, and equally versatile out of the backfield. 

Its pretty sad an FCS guy is being predominantly mocked as the top QB. I don't get it. The best QB that will someday emerge from this draft is Brendon Dougherty. 

Last note I have is that I'm not convinced the Titans don't go BPA with that first overall. Tunsil is a great player but this is the year I wouldn't want that first overall. The Titans can take a stud like Bosa first overall and strengthen the O-line with pick 33. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Elliott is a star in the making, and while RB is devalued (although coming back) his talent is Top 10. He might not go Chicago, because they gave Langford, but Zeke is a stud

What's not to get about Wentz? Just because he played at an FCS doesn't mean he's inferior. Tony Romo played at Eastern Illinois and he's damn good in the league. Wentz has a great arm, prototypical body, and is pretty mobile for his size. He's not a star QB but he's still the best in this average rated class. He's a B-rated version of Bortles

And Tunsil is absolutely the BPA in this draft. He's an uber-athletic LT that looks crazy similar to Tyron Smith's college tape. And the Titans' top priority is to protect Mariota; having two studly OTs is the best way to do that. Plus Bosa, while he's growing on me, isn't elite enough to warrant taking over the LT. He's not a game changer -- just a really solid player

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree with AE, I wouldn't touch Elliot that high, and that goes for almost any RB

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Elliott is a star in the making, and while RB is devalued (although coming back) his talent is Top 10. He might not go Chicago, because they gave Langford, but Zeke is a stud

What's not to get about Wentz? Just because he played at an FCS doesn't mean he's inferior. Tony Romo played at Eastern Illinois and he's damn good in the league. Wentz has a great arm, prototypical body, and is pretty mobile for his size. He's not a star QB but he's still the best in this average rated class. He's a B-rated version of Bortles

And Tunsil is absolutely the BPA in this draft. He's an uber-athletic LT that looks crazy similar to Tyron Smith's college tape. And the Titans' top priority is to protect Mariota; having two studly OTs is the best way to do that. Plus Bosa, while he's growing on me, isn't elite enough to warrant taking over the LT. He's not a game changer -- just a really solid player
Elliott may be a stud in the NFL but it won't begin halfway through the 1st round. Chicago does have Langford and many other holes to fill. I won't deny Tunsil is a freak athlete but Bosa is the type of guy to market the shit out of. My issues with Tunsil are of the legal type. Already suspended at Ole Miss for receiving improper benefits and then he's placed at Nkemdiche's little fiasco. Is this a guy you can trust with millions of dollars? 

People like Carson Wentz because he took more snaps from under center than most QBs coming out of CFB in this era. I would argue this who "Pro Style Offense" term is relative and looked at through old school blinders. Its stupid for anyone to put Wentz so far ahead b/c he's the most "Pro Ready" for the "Pro Style Offense". The "Pro Style Offense" is no longer QB under center with a RB or two behind him and a TE.  I'll pay close attention to Wentz's pro day workouts but for now, he's an Alex Smith at best. He looked good in the Senior Bowl but going from FCS defenses to the NFL is a huge jump.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
The Missouri Valley Football Conference is significantly better than any other FCS conference, and 4-5 of its teams could compete in FBS conferences. NDSU. SDSU. Northern Iowa. Illinois State. And maybe Youngstown State

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%