Official Wrestling Talk Thread

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Voices of Wrestling and Fightful both report that N-Zo, (Enzo Amore) & Big Cazz, (Big Cass) have signed with Ring of Honor and their “invasion” of Saturday night’s G1 Supercard show was entirely scripted & just a very bad camera angle.

I mean ROH lost a ton of talent, but damn lol..

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Big Bid'Ness said:

I mean ROH lost a ton of talent, but damn lol..
i figured this much. too bad they lack motivation

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Pat McAfee Details Backstage Blowup at WrestleMania Over His Shorts
http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/pat-mcafee-wrestlemania-blowup-shorts/#

Moments before the WrestleMania pre-show was set to begin, Pat McAfee says he was on the verge of walking out due to Michael Cole yelling at him for wearing shorts.

McAfee detailed the tense backstage moment on his show this week and said it began with him being told not to wear jorts to WrestleMania. Pat obliged by making tuxedo pants into tuxedo shorts. 

However, when Michael Cole saw him wearing them backstage before the kickoff show, he got angry in front of everyone who was around … saying Pat looked unprofessional and sloppy. 

“He was like yelling. Real. This wasn’t like a rib, or like a gimmick, you could tell there was actual panic,” McAfee explained. He then walked to the room where the WrestleMania watch-a-long was going to film and began packing his things. When the digital person in charge of the stream asked what was going on, Pat said, “You can tell Michael Cole to go f*ck himself, I am leaving. I am not getting punked and yelled at like a child in front of everybody like that.”

The WWE employee then said he’d go talk to Vince McMahon and asked Pat to hold tight.

He returned moments later with Michael Cole and the two explained how they showed Vince a picture of Lebron James wearing suit shorts. Vince apparently told them “yeah, I’m hip. I’ve seen it” and said he loved the idea of Pat wearing them.

Cole then apologized for yelling at him and said he was worried the shorts would ruin his chances in WWE, because this was the first time he was being seen on TV by Vince McMahon.

Dumb ass Cole smh

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
who the fuck is cole to yell about that anyways

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Road Dogg Steps Down As WWE SmackDown Co-Lead Writer, Another Writer Fired At WWE Hall Of Fame

2019 WWE Hall of Famer "Road Dogg" BG James has stepped down as the co-lead writer for WWE SmackDown, according to PWInsider. James informed WWE officials that he was stepping down on Wednesday as WrestleMania 35 Week came to an end.

James had been leading SmackDown with Stephen Guerrieri, who has been with the creative team since 2012 and in a head writer position since 2014, with James going on the road with the blue brand while Guerrieri would work out of WWE HQ in Stamford, CT. Word is that James had become increasingly frustrated with changes made to SmackDown scripts by Vince McMahon, and he finally hit a "breaking point" at Tuesday's post-WrestleMania 35 edition of SmackDown from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

There's no word yet on who may be replacing James in the co-lead writer role on the blue brand, but sources stated to PWInsider that with the way WWE creative is set up these days the lead writer is more of a formality as opposed to a specific voice that drives the show. Everything pitched for SmackDown comes through the team to Vince, and is then approved with Vince tweaking the script up until it's time to go on the air. There's also no word yet on if James will be transitioning into another role with WWE.

James had been working on the SmackDown creative team since 2016. He was quickly promoted to become co-lead writer with Ryan Ward.
While it's not known if this is directly related, but James posted a tweet about change on Wednesday, writing, "Today I pray that I face the change, that is inevitably coming, head on and with faith and courage. The only constant is change! #HOPE #FAITH #OUDK"

James also defended SmackDown creative on Twitter, as he often does. Responding to criticism over the two six-man matches on this week's episode, James wrote, "What about either 6 man last night was BS? A lot of the time it gets more talent on tv. I really don't see what there is to get so angry about!"
In other WWE creative team news coming out of WrestleMania 35 Week, WWE writer Robert Evans was fired this past week. Word is that Evans was fired at the WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony after he helped produce the Bret Hart speech for The Hart Foundation's induction, and it featured a mention of Vince. Vince has strongly stressed for years that he does not want to be mentioned or praised during Hall of Fame speeches, according to PWInsider, to the point that it has become a running joke. When Vince was mentioned in Bret's speech, Evans reportedly took the blame as the writer and producer of that segment. Evans was reportedly fired backstage in the Gorilla Position as the ceremony was going on.

For those who missed it, Bret's speech included a story of the first time Vince reacted to The Hart Foundation and praised their in-ring work. DX later joked about Vince's name being mentioned during their speech that wrapped the ceremony, and these jokes may have been inspired by Vince firing Evans for the earlier mention in Hart's speech.

Evans was reportedly liked by those who worked with him backstage. The 35 year old previously wrestled on the indies as RD Evans and Archibald Peck before joining the WWE creative team in the fall of 2016.

You can see Road Dogg's tweet on "change" below along with the exchange defending SmackDown:

Yep. Because you know it's going to be bulls--t
— Juice Wayne (@DjJuiceWayne) April 11, 2019
What about either 6 man last night was BS? A lot of the time it gets more talent on tv. I really don't see what there is to get so angry about!
— Brian G. James (@WWERoadDogg) April 11, 2019

Well damn, The McMadMan is running wild lol

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
im sure road dogg will be back. hes a lifer

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Enzo and Big Cass were pretty popular during their run with WWE, but as most wrestling fans know their run with the company didn’t end well for either one of them.

Cass and Enzo got a lot of people talking on Saturday night when they jumped over the barricade and brawled with The Briscoes & Bully Ray at the G1 Supercard event.

Now it seems that the former WWE Superstars are making another run as a tag team, as they recently released a video promoting their new merch.

In the video Cass explains that he is now known as CazXL, and their tag team name is FreeAgentZ.
lord lmao

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Details on Brian “Road Dogg” James Transitioning Into New Role Within WWE

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/road-dogg-new-role-wwe/#

Pro Wrestling Sheet has confirmed Brian James aka Road Dogg will no longer be the head writer of SmackDown, but he’s not leaving the company. 

Sources tell us it was a mutual decision to change Brian’s position with the impending move to Fox on the horizon, and not necessarily him “stepping down.” We’re told WWE wants to keep his position flexible at this time and use him as a utility player, so they can see where he’d fit best going forward.
One source said it’s possible James could fill the role once held by Arn Anderson at live events, or maybe even lend his pipes to the commentary desk. Our sources made it clear, however, that this wasn’t a contentious decision and all parties involved thought it was best.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There are a number of travel issues involving WWE personnel and talent for tonight's show in Montreal. "Things are being rewritten as a result".

No word on what effect this will have on tonight's show.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%